• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden won't get away with blaming Vladimir Putin for Inflation

Flooding the economy with trillions, literally trillions of printed money was HUGE factor. Mismanagement of the supply chain is another large factor. Promises and policies to gut the oil industry is another huge factor. Joe wanted the big chair, he got it. All of his and your party's efforts to blame makes him look even smaller and weaker. Man up and take responsibility and take control. Show some backbone and leadership
And what should he have done differently? The economy is recovering, jobs are being created tho some workers are reluctant to return — all factors that cause inflation. It will decrease, and we are better off in general.

It will not stop Biden from squinting in the camera with a slight drool and muttering......

Putin did that

But he didn't Joe.

-------------------

Joe Biden in the mid-1970s was a first-term senator when President Gerald Ford implored Americans to wear “Whip Inflation Now”(WIN) buttons and stickers. The Ford administration’s sartorial effort to raise awareness about fast-rising prices and get Americans to spend less drew widespread media ridicule and even raised private doubts among top White House economic advisers. Biden watched inflation become a major theme in Democratic presidential candidate Jimmy Carter’s defeat of Ford.

Inflation is now getting too close to disco-era highs for comfort, with Biden as president after 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president. Inflation skyrocketed 7.9 percent over the past year, according to the February report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the fastest rate of inflation since January 1982.

That puts Biden and Democrats in dangerous political territory heading into November’s midterm elections. But Biden — whose poll numbers have already been boosted following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — thinks he has a boogeyman to pin the problem on: Vladimir Putin. The Biden administration blamed the Russian president Thursday for the rapid American price hikes, as it did earlier in the week when it came to spiking gas prices.

The guy only says dumb things like blaming inflation on Putin so his stooges here and in the media have something to say.

Remember? “It’s hard to believe this has to be said, but unlike this president, I’ll do my job and take responsibility. I won’t blame others. And I’ll never forget the job isn’t about me – it’s about you.”
Larry Summers thinks he should take responsibility too.

Flooding the economy with trillions, literally trillions of printed money was HUGE factor. Mismanagement of the supply chain is another large factor. Promises and policies to gut the oil industry is another huge factor. Joe wanted the big chair, he got it. All of his and your party's efforts to blame others makes him look even smaller and weaker. Man up and take responsibility and take control. Show some backbone and leadership
Powell caved on his 3% inflation benchmark so off to the races

It will not stop Biden from squinting in the camera with a slight drool and muttering......

Putin did that

But he didn't Joe.

-------------------

Joe Biden in the mid-1970s was a first-term senator when President Gerald Ford implored Americans to wear “Whip Inflation Now”(WIN) buttons and stickers. The Ford administration’s sartorial effort to raise awareness about fast-rising prices and get Americans to spend less drew widespread media ridicule and even raised private doubts among top White House economic advisers. Biden watched inflation become a major theme in Democratic presidential candidate Jimmy Carter’s defeat of Ford.

Inflation is now getting too close to disco-era highs for comfort, with Biden as president after 36 years in the Senate and eight years as vice president. Inflation skyrocketed 7.9 percent over the past year, according to the February report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the fastest rate of inflation since January 1982.

That puts Biden and Democrats in dangerous political territory heading into November’s midterm elections. But Biden — whose poll numbers have already been boosted following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine — thinks he has a boogeyman to pin the problem on: Vladimir Putin. The Biden administration blamed the Russian president Thursday for the rapid American price hikes, as it did earlier in the week when it came to spiking gas prices.

What is remarkable is that the mainstream media...the ones who are the Dem propaganda machine...can't even make excuses for the Biden puke lies about inflation and gas prices.

1647201421354.jpeg

They'll never man up or take responsibility because they have no backbone or leadership skills.
And it would be remiss not to add they also lack the ability, willingly or unwillingly, to reason. Weird......

The guy only says dumb things like blaming inflation on Putin so his stooges here and in the media have something to say.

Remember? “It’s hard to believe this has to be said, but unlike this president, I’ll do my job and take responsibility. I won’t blame others. And I’ll never forget the job isn’t about me – it’s about you.”
Larry Summers thinks he should take responsibility too.

Whoever wrote that for Biden did a great job; the problem is that it's not part of Joe Biden's or Democrat Party's political ideology.

It was just an empty platitude for the gullible.

And what should he have done differently?
Not spent months pushing for spending trillions more of printed money on his Build Back Better Bullshit. Stood up to the Green New Deal loons in his pary and undo all of the policies he's put in place to gut the oil industry. Fire the completely incompetent boob Buttigeg and get someone in the job that knows what they are doing.

The economy is recovering, jobs are being created tho some workers are reluctant to return — all factors that cause inflation. It will decrease, and we are better off in general.
No jobs are being "created" People are simply going back to work at jobs they were laid off from or paid not to go to work,.

Last edited:
Biden should take the heat for the high inflation rate in the US.

What I laugh at is Republicans stating it is the reckless spending. So how many Republican controlled States took the money from the feds? Did any of them turn the money back to the Treasury? I know Arizona took the money.

I find it laughable for Republicans to not support spending Bills and then their State takes the money.

What is remarkable is that the mainstream media...the ones who are the Dem propaganda machine...can't even make excuses for the Biden puke lies about inflation and gas prices.

View attachment 67379909

Joe learned that from his hero Sotero Obama who blamed everything on Bush

Not spent months pushing for spending trillions more of printed money on his Build Back Better Bullshit. Stood up to the Green New Deal loons in his pary and undo all of the policies he's put in place to gut the oil industry. Fire the completely incompetent boob Buttigeg and get someone in the job that knows what they are doing.

No jobs are being "created" People are simply going back to work at jobs they were laid off from or paid not to go to work,.
I believe that the BBB was politically foolish to push as a package, given that it was identified with its price tag. But its elements are popular, useful and necessary, and hyping those individually (preschool, health care, tax breaks where they are needed) is a better political strategy. Priming the pump to move an economy is often done. Conservatives tend not to like the inflation that often comes with it, given whose interests they represent, while for many working people it becomes a mixed blessing, with more jobs coupled with higher prices, on balance better. And like it or not, elements of the Green New Deal are what the climate situation demands of us, and moving in that direction represents the consensus of our European cousins. I think both the Green New Deal and BBB will share the fate of an element of the original New Deal, the National Recovery Act. It was shot down as a whole package, but as I understand it, some of its elements -union rights, for example - survived or were revived in other legislation.

Last edited:
I believe that the BBB was politically foolish to push as a package, given that it was identified with its price tag. But its elements are popular, useful and necessary, and hyping those individually (preschool, health care, tax breaks where they are needed) is a better political strategy. Priming the pump to move an economy is often done. Conservatives tend not to like the inflation that often comes with it, given whose interests they represent, while for many working people it becomes a mixed blessing, with more jobs coupled with higher prices, on balance better. And like it or not, elements of the Green New Deal are what the climate situation demands of us, and moving in that direction represents the consensus of our European cousins. I think both the Green New Deal and BBB will share the fate of an element of the original New Deal, the National Recovery Act. It was shot down as a whole package, but as I understand it, some of its elements -union rights, for example - survived or were revived in other legislation.
Well, you are going to lose the House and the Senate becasue of these policy decisions. I'd say there is zero chance of any of the Green New Deal an little chance of most of the part of BBB getting passed under a Republican congress.

Well, you are going to lose the House and the Senate becasue of these policy decisions. I'd say there is zero chance of any of the Green New Deal an little chance of most of the part of BBB getting passed under a Republican congress.
I presume we will lose Congress as is traditional, but not for things like proposals to better child care and health care. And I imagine democrats would love to campaign on the GOP rejecting these things in a difficult time for many.

I presume we will lose Congress as is traditional, but not for things like proposals to better child care and health care. And I imagine democrats would love to campaign on the GOP rejecting these things in a difficult time for many.
I suspect that it has far more to do with the rampant and excessive spending, which is partially responsible for spurring inflation to it's present historic highs, and the repeated foreign policy failures, i.e. Afghanistan, and other shown weakness in foreign policy.

This foreign policy weakness up to this point is having predictable repercussions already now, and there's 3 more years to go.

Analysts say Beijing is digging in its heels with the explicit list of demands, but that pressure from the US will not subside as President Joe Biden's administration works more closely with regional allies on issues involving China. Sherman's trip to Tianjin - after her tour through Japan, South Korea and Mongolia - has been followed by US Secretary of State Antony Blinken's visit ...​

Dec 30, 2021China's foreign minister has warned the US will pay an "unbearable price" for its support of Taiwan. In an interview with state media Thursday, Wang Yi accused Washington of "encouraging ...​

Sounding a bit like Putin there. How many more tyrants are going to? North Korea as well?

3 more years to go in the Biden administration, how many more Biden foreign policy ****ups are going to put the US in yet a weaker and more compromised foreign policy position?

After all:
“I thought Joe Biden had been wrong on almost every major foreign policy issue over the preceding 40 years.”
Former Obama Defense Secretary and CIA chief Robert Gates
“Don’t underestimate Joe’s ability to f… things up.” Obama

There are 3 primary reasons for the current inflation:

1] Pandemic
2] Ukraine War
3] Pandemic Stimulus

--

1] Not only is this not Biden's doing, but it is in fact ending under the Biden Administration!
2] Putin's doing.
3] Done solely under the Trump Administration!

--

Trump's trade wars played a part as well.

What caused the inflation spike under President Trump?
  • The amendment notes the increased federal spending that contributed to the spike in inflation started under President Donald Trump in 2020 and was initially passed with Republican support to address the economic downturn caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

House Democrats attempt to fend off GOP inflation attacks on budge…

floridapolitics.com/archives/496668-house-democrats-attempt-to-fend-off-gop-inflation-attacks-on-budget-bill/
See all results for this question

Why did inflation rise last year?
  • They say that inflation was stoked last year by the once-in-a-lifetime circumstances of a world in the grip of a global pandemic. Supply chains were snarled not because of any policy specific to Biden but because American consumers shifted toward spending more money on goods, and less on services such as restaurant meals or hotel stays.

The Memo: Biden, Democrats feel new political pain on inflation

thehill.com/homenews/administration/597789-the-memo-biden-democrats-feel-new-political-pain-on-inflation

Putin did that

But he didn't Joe.

-------------------

Inflation, well just ask:

Tom Cotton admits Trump, not Biden, caused inflation

Republicans hammered the Biden administration on inflation. But Republican Senator Tom Cotton has a completely different theory: He attributes inflation to Donald Trump’s poor selection to lead the Federal Reserve.

Cottons’ point of view, set out in a Wall Street Journal editorial, places the blame for inflation squarely on Jerome Powell, the chairman of the Fed.

The evidence doesn't support your theory.
Evidence won't be here until November. All indicators are flashing red at DNC headquarters.

Evidence won't be here until November. All indicators are flashing red at DNC headquarters.

Not really. But believe me, I want you to think you'll win in a landslide. I also hope Trump gets out there and campaigns heavily for the GOP.

LOL. You do realize inflation was 7.9 before the war. Highest in generations.
Can you cite data that proves the inflation were suffering now was caused by Biden.

And yet...

This is almost not worth addressing, but Brian Tyler Cohen (whoever the hell that is) was using Biden's fist year as the baseline.
He should have said "compared to Biden's prior year,", which was the year that kicked off the mess we're in.

The problem is that the election gimmicks and personnel they used in 2020 are still in place for 2022 and beyond unless the States clean their houses.

This is almost not worth addressing, but Brian Tyler Cohen (whoever the hell that is) was using Biden's fist year as the baseline.
He should have said "compared to Biden's prior year,", which was the year that kicked off the mess we're in.
Yet, it goes against the post it was in response to: that Democrats are "wrecklessly spending". You don't reduce deficits by spending more.

Back
Top Bottom