• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Joe Biden to flood country with more illegals

More population = more production = more GDP = stronger America.

More machinery = more production = possibly more GDP (is GDP important?) = ...

What? "Stronger America"? America isn't already way too strong?

Did you know that between 2008 and 2016, when jobs were more scarce, more people crossed the border to leave than to come here, yet Americans allowed Trump to wind them up over people crossing the border to come here? That's how ignorant some Americans are about immigrants.

Don't be one of them.
One of the things that should have been developed is a functional and legal guest worker program that rotates workers back and forth to the US and back to support the seasonal labor we need and the employment many are seeking. It would be a duel benefit as we would get the low skilled labor needs filled and the workers would benefit by making US wages while still living in their countries of origin where the cost of living is substantially less.

One of the things that should have been developed is a functional and legal guest worker program that rotates workers back and forth to the US and back to support the seasonal labor we need and the employment many are seeking. It would be a duel benefit as we would get the low skilled labor needs filled and the workers would benefit by making US wages while still living in their countries of origin where the cost of living is substantially less.
That would’ve been great in the past when migrants were largely Mexican men, but these days large numbers of people trying to get into America are not Mexican. The end of the Bracero program was a major error, but we are too far removed to make a simple correction there

You're descended from an immigrant, how did you learn English and your marketable skills?
Has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Has nothing to do with the question I asked.
It does if you think beyond the immediate term. You realize the children of immigrants learn English, right?

I assume that the 80,000,000 people who voted for President Biden will have the good grace to be silent if they (or their loved ones) are negatively impacted by this surge of new residents.
An interesting aspect of the 2020 vote was 24% of all those who voted, voted against someone. But not for anyone. I call this the anti-vote. These 24% didn’t care who the candidate opposing the candidate they were against was, anyone would have done nicely to perhaps including Atilla the Hun. They only cared about the candidate they were against losing. The name of that candidate’s opponent was irrelevant. Biden won this group of anti-voters 58-30 over Trump.

You had approximately 38 million people voting against a candidate out of the 159 million votes cast. Out of that 38 million anti-voters who were voting against a candidate, not for any candidate, Biden won them roughly 26 million to 12 million. 71% of those who voted, voted for a candidate. Remember you had those voting third party. Trump won the group that was voting for a candidate, 53-46% over Biden. Or 60 million to 53 million. So, we have Biden as president due to the anti-voter who didn’t care who won, just who lost. Numbers won’t add up to 100% due to those voting third party, rounding off, and those who voted against both major parties or voted for the candidate they least wanted to lose.

Bottom line, 2020 was a vote against Trump, but not for Biden. It’s not 80 million who should keep quiet, but 53 million.

Bottom line, 2020 was a vote against Trump, but not for Biden. It’s not 80 million who should keep quiet, but 53 million.
Thank you.

I am really stupid at math, among many other subjects.

Have a nice day!

Biden just screwed his own party regarding the midterms.

The RNC should send Joey a dozen roses and a Thank You card.
I wouldn't underestimate the democrats from pulling out a victory from what looks like a clear defeat. Maybe after the election they should thank him.

We are a nation of immigrants, we always have been, and no matter how much the OP rants and raves that this isn’t true because he doesn’t want it to be, it is. Immigrants have made the nation stronger, and will continue to do so, and our diversity of immigrants are part of what makes our economic engine so vibrant and rich in so many ways. While people like the OP yearn for their warped idea of the American dream (wife in the kitchen, colored people at a distance, the “deviants” behind bars) the actual American dream—work hard to build a bright future for yourself and your family—is still actively pursued by millions of immigrants, and the larger and broader our collective American family, the stronger we are as a nation.

It’s a bit personal for me because if the OP had his druthers, I would not be here, a first generation born in the US, and my parents would never have come here. Fortunately the OP is part of a dwindling minority and I am hopeful that in a generation’s time when they are gone, that they take this backward thinking with them. I don’t believe it’s worth trying to convince someone like the OP of this… whereas I see optimism for the future, they see only pessimism; whereas I see new ideas, they only fear an Other. The OP rants about threat to jobs. Setting aside how stupid this notion is in our current red hot economy, I WANT that threat. I want an immigrant (or really anyone) to show up with a better idea than mine, with a work ethic that trumps mine, with a background that might obsolete mine. After all, how do I get better if I’m not challenged? I suspect that even this very kind of thinking is foreign to the OP.

I suspect America has a lot of people who did only one thing their entire life, lived in one town their entire life, rarely traveled or saw the world, and don’t want the ethnic demographics of their neighborhood to ever, ever change. I suspect such people would be happier living somewhere else that wasn’t quite literally built on immigration and movement and change over the last couple of centuries.

No, they’re not.
Yes, they are. Facts matter.

Key Points

• While some policymakers have blamed immigration for slowing U.S. wage growth since the 1970s, most academic research finds little long run effect on Americans’ wages.
  • The available evidence suggests that immigration leads to more innovation, a better educated workforce, greater occupational specialization, better matching of skills with jobs, and higher overall economic productivity.
  • Immigration also has a net positive effect on combined federal, state, and local budgets.

I can provide as much proof as you need.

Jews were a small percentage of immigrants and were not banned from immigration by the 1924 act. It mainly barred Catholics if you want to go by statistics. It solidly excluded Asians, which I would agree went too far, but on the other hand if the majority of the native population didn’t want Asians to immigrate then that’s a valid reason for that clause. That may have been the social climate in 1924, but a modern version of such a law does not need to include that. In reality though most Asian countries have gotten wealthy enough that large numbers of their people don’t want to emigrate, except for high level careers or schools.

No, it wasn’t. Fear of communism maybe, but the act didn’t ban Jews, it banned people from Eastern and southern Europe, largely but but totally.

I have never wrote that. You must be confusing me with someone else

I have never characterized Mexicans as “animals” I am engaged to Mexican American woman and live in a neighborhood that is majority Mexican American, and attend a church parish that is near entirely Latino, in addition to speaking Spanish as a second language. You made this up. I don’t think I’ve described any ethnic group as “animals” as I do not believe in dehumanizing people.

We have a bad elite. It’s really wierd you attack me for this considering most leftists put on a show of attacking the “1%”

Well given you’ve falsely attacked me on multiple baseless grounds, why should I spend effort responding?
If you aren’t the person who is incapable of naming a single innocent black man ever shot by a police officer then I am confusing you with someone else. Very sorry.

The immigration act of 1924 prevented Jews from immigrating here when hitler rose to power. That act is directly responsible for the death of people in my family lineage! Common sense though what can you do!! Haha can’t get too upset, you’re pretty much just copying and pasting an Ann coulter op Ed.

I must’ve simply remembered you as the person who mocked the Ukrainian people and “trolled” them for egging on Putin. Sorry, you’re a tremendous asset to any nation. You should go give Ukraine a visit you said you wanted to help them. Let me know if you have a go fund me, show them what American exceptionalism looks like!

We have a huge country in which just Kansas converted to all farmland could feed the world let alone America. This country has seriously declining urban and rural areas. We have a Labor shortage. Its impossible to get government assistance for established citizens let alone immigrants. Did I mention these people are suffering, who face death upon returning home. Ill make room the tired, poor and huddling masses because its smart in the long run and its the human thing to do and the American thing to do. Who's with me!

We have a huge country in which just Kansas converted to all farmland could feed the world let alone America. This country has seriously declining urban and rural areas. We have a Labor shortage. Its impossible to get government assistance for established citizens let alone immigrants. Did I mention these people are suffering, who face death upon returning home. Ill make room the tired, poor and huddling masses because its smart in the long run and its the human thing to do and the American thing to do. Who's with me!
First of all not all land simply be converted to farming, secondly there are negative environmental impacts as well:

You should read this. It's not as easy as you think:

If you aren’t the person who is incapable of naming a single innocent black man ever shot by a police officer then I am confusing you with someone else. Very sorry.
It’s not my responsibility to argue your political causes. Nearly every infamous case of a black guy being shot by police is based on lies or exaggerated and one sided narratives.
The immigration act of 1924 prevented Jews from immigrating here when hitler rose to power.
It did not specifically ban Jews, it largely banned immigration broadly. It allowed some depending on the population of people of a certain nationality in the country.

It is also not the responsibility of the US to provide a relief valve for other country’s political problems.
That act is directly responsible for the death of people in my family lineage!
No, it’s not. If you mean you had relatives killed in the Holocaust the German government is directly responsible and not the immigration policies of the United States
Common sense though what can you do!! Haha can’t get too upset, you’re pretty much just copying and pasting an Ann coulter op Ed.

I must’ve simply remembered you as the person who mocked the Ukrainian people and “trolled” them for egging on Putin.
The Ukranian government, which claims the loyalty of the Ukranian people, did in fact egg on Putin. With plenty of US support to be sure.
Sorry, you’re a tremendous asset to any nation. You should go give Ukraine a visit you said you wanted to help them. Let me know if you have a go fund me, show them what American exceptionalism looks like!
Huh?

Yes, they are. Facts matter.

Key Points

• While some policymakers have blamed immigration for slowing U.S. wage growth since the 1970s, most academic research finds little long run effect on Americans’ wages.
There is no possible way this would be true because you have to argue supply and demand doesn’t apply to labor.
  • The available evidence suggests that immigration leads to more innovation, a better educated workforce, greater
There is again, no way this can be true since immigration results in massive money being spent in education to educate non-English speakers and most immigrants have substantially less education then born Americans
  • occupational specialization, better matching of skills with jobs, and higher overall economic productivity.
  • Immigration also has a net positive effect on combined federal, state, and local budgets.
Nope, again cannot possibly be true.

I can provide as much proof as you need.
You can provide links saying the world is flat too. This is clearly making claims that could only be true if you believed most immigrants populations are racially superior to Americans.

Lol I didn’t even realize you cited the “George W Bush institute”

George Bush was an avowed pro-open borders president.

We have a huge country in which just Kansas converted to all farmland could feed the world let alone America.
No, not correct
This country has seriously declining urban and rural areas.
And immigrants won’t move to declining areas, they migrate to wealthy growing cities
We have a Labor shortage.
Good
Its impossible to get government assistance for established citizens let alone immigrants.
Then there should be no immigration since we are over stressed
Did I mention these people are suffering, who face death upon returning home.
Not our problem if true. But even that is a questionable claim
Ill make room the tired, poor and huddling masses because its smart in the long run and its the human thing to do and the American thing to do. Who's with me!
The American thing to do is to take care of our own first

I assume that the 80,000,000 people who voted for President Biden will have the good grace to be silent if they (or their loved ones) are negatively impacted by this surge of new residents.
How would we be negatively impacted by new immigrants? They almost certainly value democracy more than today’s gop. The country could use new…and better…blood.

Did you know that between 2008 and 2016, when jobs were more scarce, more people crossed the border to leave than to come here, yet Americans allowed Trump to wind them up over people crossing the border to come here? That's how ignorant some Americans are about immigrants.

Don't be one of them.
Let me ask you this. Do you believe that the human traffickers thousands of dollars to get here are simply looking to see if there are jobs available, and hence will just go back home if they can't find one?

There is no possible way this would be true because you have to argue supply and demand doesn’t apply to labor.

There is again, no way this can be true since immigration results in massive money being spent in education to educate non-English speakers and most immigrants have substantially less education then born Americans

Nope, again cannot possibly be true.

You can provide links saying the world is flat too. This is clearly making claims that could only be true if you believed most immigrants populations are racially superior to Americans.

Lol I didn’t even realize you cited the “George W Bush institute”

George Bush was an avowed pro-open borders president.
It is true, and I proved it. I provided you two, separate, valid sources. I can easily provide more. The facts are the facts.

The fact that you don't like the facts doesn't make them false.

Instead of denying facts you should learn. It is never too late.

Back
Top Bottom