• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Jihadi John' targeted by U.S. airstrike in Syria

Sadly, there is no empirical evidence for Hell.

Things aren't going well for ISIS. I see that with the help of Russian aircraft, the Assad regime has finally broke ISIS' siege of Kweiris airbase in Aleppo province. Reports from Syria claim hundreds of ISIS forces were killed in combined ground and air attacks around the base. I wonder if the SU-25, which is a powerful ground attack plane roughly like the A-10, did not account for quite a few of the dead. An aircraft like that would be a nightmare for infantry without any effective defense against it.

'Jihadi John' targeted by U.S. airstrike in Syria

“British Prime Minister David Cameron described the airstrike that may have killed "Jihadi John" in Syria as an act of self-defense as he awaited confirmation that the jeering, sadistic ISIS mouthpiece is dead….

If the raid killed the man seen in numerous ISIS beheading videos, "it will be a strike at the heart" of ISIS, Cameron said…………..”

'Jihadi John' targeted by airstrike in Syria - CNN.com

Confirmed: The monster who beheaded folks on video has been killed

“Jihadi John is 'evaporated' at ISIS' 'crucifixion' clock tower: US drone strike takes out British executioner at site of fanatics' worst crimes - but victims' families …………”

Jihadi John dead after airstrike on ISIS' 'crucifixion' clocktower in Raqqa, Syria | Daily Mail Online

The monster is dead.... Best news of the day.........Jihadi John has been sent to heaven as a martyr...... to get his 72 virgins..... The world is better place now

too bad-that was far to easy a death for that scum bag.

Gill, here's the truth. I am going to assume that you have lived in the US for most or all of your life as have most of your friends and family. In that regard we likely have a shared American experience. It is our culture and it is where we were raised. From experience I can tell you factually that never in my life, in the US, have I been harmed by a Muslim. It has never been attempted for religious reasons or otherwise. I can say the same for all my family members and extended family members. If I have any close friends who in the US have been set upon or attacked or harmed by a Muslim for reasons of religion I am unaware of it.

Go wear a crucifix and/or proselytize any faith but Islam in any Muslim majority country on the planet and then make your laughable claims of Islam not being a violent ideology, put up or shut up.

We have lived side by side, gone to school side by side and worked side by side for 200 plus years in America. Not much of anything has occurred between American Muslims and American Christians or Jews or Sikhs or Buddhists or Atheists.

Except for the largest attack on the US since the British sacked Washington DC in the war of 1812, that's all.

There are those people who would tell us that it all started on 11 September, but that is not correct. It began long before that.

What exactly are we doing in the ME and north Africa? No one has the definitive answer. Washington's justification has been and is an ever amended list of reasons of the present:

Brutal dictator
Oppression
To defend our allies
To defend Israel
To establish democracy
Because God told me to - George W.
To keep them from coming over here
Because they attacked us on 9/11
To defend democracy

Clearly the US government (more than one administration and Congress) has never had clear objectives; at least none that they have shared with the citizens of the US, or the world. If you don't have clear objective and/or if you keep moving the goal posts you have no exit strategy and you never leave.

After having been at war (which has never been declared) with various nations, factions, mobs, groups, tribes and leaders in the region for going on two decades it is extremely obvious that the people of the region are not going to resolve whatever issues they have with each other. They are not going to unify as a region or even as people within a nation and fight their own battles.

The one thing the United States has not attempted to do since when we began ****ing with them about 60 years ago is to get out and leave them the hell alone. We've never done that. We have overthrown their governments; we have instigated the removal of their leaders; we have assassinated their heads of state; we have befriended them and then stabbed them in the back; we have devastated their cities; caused millions of their people to be displaced; we have - oops we're sorry - killed thousands of their innocents; we have occupied their lands; we have shucked and jived them out of their natural resources and on and on. What we have never done is left them the **** alone.

And by ****ing with them of course you mean finding, developing, and purchasing their energy resources. It is not US foreign policy that is to blame it is the foreign policy of Islam, Muslims created ISIS not the US Muslims created AQ not the US Muslims created the Wahhabist death cult not the US. What needs to happen is the exact opposite of what you suggest and that is Muslims need to be banned from entering all western countries and those already here need to be immediately expelled, the Islamic Imperialists need to leave the West the **** alone but they have never tries that once and you're right it all started well before 9/11 it started with the Caliphates attacking the lands of Christendom from North Africa to Spain to Sourhern Italy to Constantinople continuously for centuries all the way up to the founding of the United States with Islamic attacks on US shipping preceding the Barbary wars. Why can't the Islamic imperialists just leave us alone? Well the answer is simple, slaying, subjugating, and extorting the infidel is enshrined in the Koran, Sharia, and the Hadiths!

Gill, here's the truth. I am going to assume that you have lived in the US for most or all of your life as have most of your friends and family. In that regard we likely have a shared American experience. It is our culture and it is where we were raised. From experience I can tell you factually that never in my life, in the US, have I been harmed by a Muslim. It has never been attempted for religious reasons or otherwise. I can say the same for all my family members and extended family members. If I have any close friends who in the US have been set upon or attacked or harmed by a Muslim for reasons of religion I am unaware of it.

We have lived side by side, gone to school side by side and worked side by side for 200 plus years in America. Not much of anything has occurred between American Muslims and American Christians or Jews or Sikhs or Buddhists or Atheists.

There are those people who would tell us that it all started on 11 September, but that is not correct. It began long before that.

What exactly are we doing in the ME and north Africa? No one has the definitive answer. Washington's justification has been and is an ever amended list of reasons of the present:

Brutal dictator
Oppression
To defend our allies
To defend Israel
To establish democracy
To defend democracy

Clearly the US government (more than one administration and Congress) has never had clear objectives; at least none that they have shared with the citizens of the US, or the world. If you don't have clear objective and/or if you keep moving the goal posts you have no exit strategy and you never leave.

After having been at war (which has never been declared) with various nations, factions, mobs, groups, tribes and leaders in the region for going on two decades it is extremely obvious that the people of the region are not going to resolve whatever issues they have with each other. They are not going to unify as a region or even as people within a nation and fight their own battles.

The one thing the United States has not attempted to do since when we began ****ing with them about 60 years ago is to get out and leave them the hell alone. We've never done that. We have overthrown their governments; we have instigated the removal of their leaders; we have assassinated their heads of state; we have befriended them and then stabbed them in the back; we have devastated their cities; caused millions of their people to be displaced; we have - oops we're sorry - killed thousands of their innocents; we have occupied their lands; we have shucked and jived them out of their natural resources and on and on. What we have never done is left them the **** alone.

Bravo!

I don't think it's going too far down the conspiracy theory road to suggest that the ME provides the perfect venue for a safely distant theatre in which to conduct a profitable process of permanent warfare. Warfare is business in the modern era, and I think that that takes precedence over any of those other motivations you have listed. Unfortunately.

Bravo!

I don't think it's going too far down the conspiracy theory road to suggest that the ME provides the perfect venue for a safely distant theatre in which to conduct a profitable process of permanent warfare. Warfare is business in the modern era, and I think that that takes precedence over any of those other motivations you have listed. Unfortunately.

You've hit the nail on the head, Andy. I completely agree. I believe the list of motivations (and more) in my post are all convenient misdirections and lies for the masses. The real motivation is the business of warfare just as you suggest.

You might have seen it recently where a few US politicians have mentioned fighting future wars only if financed by an interested nation. I think someone mentioned a share of natural resources as well. A US mercenary military is damn near what already exists.

You've hit the nail on the head, Andy. I completely agree. I believe the list of motivations (and more) in my post are all convenient misdirections and lies for the masses. The real motivation is the business of warfare just as you suggest.

You might have seen it recently where a few US politicians have mentioned fighting future wars only if financed by an interested nation. I think someone mentioned a share of natural resources as well. A US mercenary military is damn near what already exists.

Alas that Eisenhower was not paid sufficient heed....

Military-Industrial Complex Speech, Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961

This is what separates Obama from bush. Obama kills terrorists. Bush fails to and allows an attack that killed 3000 Americans and then uses that to get America into two useless wars.

And Clinton allowed the 9/11 terrorists to enter the country, train and prepare for the attacks.

I don't agree. I also think the opinion you expressed was irrelevant. And I disagree with your ideas about debating and what is American.
In that case I concede to the majority and I will no longer post in this topic.

Gill, here's the truth. I am going to assume that you have lived in the US for most or all of your life as have most of your friends and family..

Snipped intelligent and well thought out but lengthy post.

The US from almost day one has engaged in foreign policy that looks more lake the product of Bedlam than the product of rational people.

We have flip-flopped between imperialistic and isolationist. War monger and peacemaker. Protector and Destroyer.

We invaded islands and kept them later we invaded islands and gave them away.

There are few countries that we have not pissed off at least once.

And Clinton allowed the 9/11 terrorists to enter the country, train and prepare for the attacks.

BIN LADEN FAMILY ARE ROYAL FAMILY IN SUIDI ARABIA.
AND THEY HAVE GREAT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP WITH BUSH FAMILY AND other few polotical GOP PARTY
GOP PARTY winning a lot of election with bin ladin family oil money

Sorry 9-11 happened 9 months after Bush took office. You don't get to blame Clinton for Bush's failures. Even republican Donald Trump recognizes Bush was to blame for 9-11.

Bin Ladens family disowned him.

your point?

that gus said: And Clinton allowed the 9/11 terrorists to enter the country,
gop allowed the 9/11 terrorists to enter the country,
because bin laden family have great relationship with this family and bin laden used .............

Have you ever considered the effectiveness of the use of force in eliminating an idea..........a religious belief straight out of the Koran.......with believers who welcome death as a reward...... by using force..........

The more you kill with bombs and bullets...........10 more rise up to take their place........

I know of no example from history of any state wiping from the face of the earth a religious idea/belief..........

Do you?

Kill enough people who subscribe to an ideology, and the rest may well start to question it--especially the ones who don't love death quite as much as the proponents of the ideology would have everyone believe. After five million or so members of the German military and a couple million more civilians had been killed by the Allies during WWII, and much of Germany had been bombed to rubble, support for Nazism seems to have suffered a very drastic decline from which it never recovered.

Same with Japanese militarism. After a couple million members of Japan's military and the better part of a million civilians had been killed, with the prospect of obliterating still more cities from the air, killing the inhabitants a hundred thousand at a crack, the idea of lording it over non-Japanese people by force lost the appeal it had had a decade earlier. All the urge to subjugate other people for the glory of Japan had been knocked out of the Japanese--and yet they had showed a fanatical will to fight to the death that puts Muslim jihadists to shame.

When someone still wants to fight, it just means he hasn't been hit hard enough yet.

Last edited:
Bravo!

Yes because the US hasn't been being attacked by the Ummah since our founding and because the West and all non-muslims haven't been being attacked by the Ummah since Mohammad, your laughable blame the victim propaganda only gets play from historically ignorant fellow SJW's not amongst anyone who matters.

Yes because the global jihadist movement isn't responsible for Appx. one attack a day, 365 days a year, in every corner of the world, you would see us bend our knees to this imperialist swine and western civilization erased from the earth. Thank the gods that people like you aren't in a position to surrender to these monsters.

Yes because the US hasn't been being attacked by the Ummah since our founding and because the West and all non-muslims haven't been being attacked by the Ummah since Mohammad, your laughable blame the victim propaganda only gets play from historically ignorant fellow SJW's not amongst anyone who matters.

I see. So the West is the innocent victim of unprovoked Islamic aggression. It's never meddled in Middle Eastern politics and never done anything remotely reprehensible to explain any degree of hostility from anyone in the ME region. Got it.

Thanks for that.

Brutal dictator
Oppression
To defend our allies
To defend Israel
To establish democracy
To defend democracy

Feel free to preach your sermon in Paris. I'm sure Parisians are receptive to your platitudes tonight.

It's good that Emwazi is gone, if he is. He was a sick bastard, no devout Muslim. Jihad seems to have provided Emwazi a way to practice his penchant for brutal murder. Apparently he really enjoyed committing murder and reveled in the admiration he received from semi-literate religious extremists. I've read where ISIS considered him a useful idiot. He served a purpose. If you wanted to recruit people dumb enough to become walking bombs Emwazi was your poster boy. If you wanted to commit spectacular headline grabbing atrocities, if you wanted to get top billing on America's blood thirsty, fear mongering, networks Emwazi was your star. He was the perfect dupe for the maniacal leaders of ISIS.

All extremist religions attract crazy people. There are more Emwazis who can't wait to step up. There always are in every perverted version of every religion.

The one sure fire way to stop religious serial killers from murdering westerners in the Middle East and north Africa is for westerners to get out and stay out. We don't need to be there. We shouldn't be there.
Gee I'm sure the people of Paris would find your argument to be very persuasive.

Yeah right, only several hundreds of thousands of Islamic terrorists more to go and we're good eh?

You're the kind of person who upon being told of a successful skirmish with the Germans would have replied "Pfft, only a few million more to go right?!"

You're the kind of person who upon being told of a successful skirmish with the Germans would have replied "Pfft, only a few million more to go right?!"

I prefer the term realist, but yeah that's a pretty accurate description of the kind of person I am.

that gus said: And Clinton allowed the 9/11 terrorists to enter the country,
gop allowed the 9/11 terrorists to enter the country,
because bin laden family have great relationship with this family and bin laden used .............

No, the "gop" did no such thing.

You are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom