• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus Christ

Well, you don't have to now, do you? But a Christian, a true Christian, does...
A true christian has to because a true christian does not have free will. Believing hearsay is an impractical way to live let alone bet one's soul upon.

A true christian has to because a true christian does not have free will. Believing hearsay is an impractical way to live let alone bet one's soul upon.
Baloney...that is my choice, as it is with every Christian...

Baloney...that is my choice, as it is with every Christian...
It's not your choice if you want to be a true christian, which you obviously greatly desire. I understand that you cannot confront the logical fallacy which underpins and contradicts the conflicting excerpts you choose from the bible and the conflicting rationale you post in defense of your beliefs.

It's not your choice if you want to be a true christian, which you obviously greatly desire. I understand that you cannot confront the logical fallacy which underpins and contradicts the conflicting excerpts you choose from the bible and the conflicting rationale you post in defense of your beliefs.
lol...that's just crazy nonsense...it's still my choice, just as it is your choice to not be a Christian...

Is Jesus Christ a God, or not?
According to the legend, he's the son of the god. I didn't really bother recalling much beyond that.
Well, except that no other gods exist, according to said legend.
So since only one exists, I would presume that the son of god is not a god.

Although since we're talking legends about omnipotent and omniscient beings, who the **** knows.

lol...that's just crazy nonsense...it's still my choice, just as it is your choice to not be a Christian...
To get what you want -- eternal existence with your god -- you must believe/obey the bible/god's word. You can choose not to obey/believe, but you will be denied what you want. That denial of what you want is an impediment. Free will exists only if there is no impediment. Your denial of that fact does not change it.

To get what you want -- eternal existence with your god -- you must believe/obey the bible/god's word. You can choose not to obey/believe, but you will be denied what you want. That denial of what you want is an impediment. Free will exists only if there is no impediment. Your denial of that fact does not change it.
Oh please, you have no idea what free will involves...you are free to make your choices in life, you are not free from the consequences of those choices...

And it is your choice not to believe any other form of religion or to have none at all. So what.

Oh please, you have no idea what free will involves...you are free to make your choices in life, you are not free from the consequences of those choices...
free will
/ˌfrē ˈwil/
noun
the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.

free will, in philosophy and science, the supposed power or capacity of humans to make decisions or perform actions independently of any prior event or state of the universe.

I don't make up stuff or rely on my opinion. You are conflating free choice with free will. Everything we do originates in our brain, including the notion that somehow we can behave independently of that same brain. To suggest otherwise would require some independent "seat of power", a homonculus [or "little man"] that is capable of overriding the decisions originating in our brains. Repeating your tired mantra about choices/consequences does not change the fact that you are constrained by the tenets of your religion and fear of what will happen to you if you don't follow those tenets keeps you fearful and forces you to be obedient. The only way you can begin to try to prove me wrong is to stop believing your religion. You can't.

free will
/ˌfrē ˈwil/
noun
the power of acting without the constraint of necessity or fate; the ability to act at one's own discretion.

free will, in philosophy and science, the supposed power or capacity of humans to make decisions or perform actions independently of any prior event or state of the universe.
Yeah, you do make things up...that is exactly what we have...like I said, you have no idea what free will actually is...:rolleyes:...our own actions determines our future, not Jehovah God...

fate
the development of events beyond a person's control, regarded as determined by a supernatural power.
https://www.google.com/search?q=fate&client=avast-a-1&sxsrf=APq-WBu1PB6qTtjKqzZNUkVTO7DEIoOljg:1646673458535&ei=Mj4mYraVIIWFytMPosW46As&ved=0ahUKEwi29rnUwLT2AhWFgnIEHaIiDr0Q4dUDCA4&uact=5&oq=fate&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyDAgAELEDEEMQRhD5ATIHCAAQsQMQQzIECAAQQzIECAAQQzIECAAQQzIHCAAQsQMQQzIECAAQQzIICC4QgAQQsQMyCwguEIAEELEDENQCMgsILhCABBCxAxCDAToHCAAQRxCwAzoHCAAQsAMQQzoJCCMQJxBGEPkBOgUIABCABDoECCMQJzoRCC4QgAQQsQMQgwEQxwEQ0QM6BwgjEOoCECc6EAguELEDEIMBEMcBENEDEENKBAhBGABKBAhGGABQugJYgBxgix5oA3ABeAGAAeYCiAHxEZIBCDE3LjQuMC4xmAEAoAEBsAEKyAEKwAEB&sclient=gws-wiz

So if someone else hurts me, how is that the result of my decisions? My actions are very limited in determining the totality of my future.

That is not true...we are to follow Jesus' commandments...where do we find them? In the Bible...

“If you love me, you will observe my commandments." John 14:15

"If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love,+ just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love." John 15:10

Christians must also love one another...

"I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, you also love one another." John 13:34
Well, that's according to the author of the Gospel of John. Of course, the estimated time of the writing of John is 60 to 90 years after the alleged crucifiction , so there is no way he would know WHAT Jesus said

Yeah, you do make things up...that is exactly what we have...like I said, you have no idea what free will actually is...:rolleyes:...our own actions determines our future, not Jehovah God...

fate
Now how can you tell if something is fate or not then, without making unsupported claims?

Now how can you tell if something is fate or not then, without making unsupported claims?
Oh, you mean like you do? lol...

free will
/ˌfrē ˈwil/
noun

I don't make up stuff or rely on my opinion. You are conflating free choice with free will. Everything we do originates in our brain, including the notion that somehow we can behave independently of that same brain. To suggest otherwise would require some independent "seat of power", a homonculus [or "little man"] that is capable of overriding the decisions originating in our brains. Repeating your tired mantra about choices/consequences does not change the fact that you are constrained by the tenets of your religion and fear of what will happen to you if you don't follow those tenets keeps you fearful and forces you to be obedient. The only way you can begin to try to prove me wrong is to stop believing your religion. You can't.
The big cheese, daddy God is rather totalitarian. A thought crime can land you in hell

Back
Top Bottom