• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Best-Documented Historical Event Ever

Nor did you answer me anything.

You do know the difference between "asking" and "answering", don't you?

You do know that 100% of all prayers (which are "askings") ARE answered, don't you?

You do know that "No." IS an answer, don't you?
Tangent noted...

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Best-Documented Historical Event Ever

What a silly claim. The Bay of Pigs? The Battle of Kursk?

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Most-Documented Historical Event Ever

There is a difference between "Best" and "Most"

The total number of documents does not always provide proof of any historical event, particularly so when the texts come from a group focused on 'proving' the event described actually took place.

Why would Justin Martyr write in a defence of his beliefs about the other "dying and rising gods" who were worshipped before the days of Jesus? Millions believed in those other deities. Dialogue with Trypho

"When we say…Jesus Christ…was produced without sexual union, and was crucified and died, and rose again, and ascended to heaven, we propound nothing new or different from what you believe regarding those whom you call Sons of God. [In fact]…if anybody objects that [Jesus] was crucified, this is in common with the sons of Zeus (as you call them) who suffered, as previously listed [he listed Dionysus, Hercules, and Asclepius]. Since their fatal sufferings are all narrated as not similar but different, so his unique passion should not seem to be any worse"

Does anyone who reads this thread, know of the church that grew around Babylon a hundred years before the Jesus of Israel? I've often read the words of some historical Jesus defenders where they claim that the Babylonian Talmud is another 'proof' that Jesus of Nazareth was a real person. Making such a claim is 'proof' they haven't bothered to read that edition of the Talmud. Jesus ben Panthera was born and was executed according to Jewish law by stoning and then his body was hung on a tree for three days - a hundred years before the Nazareth guy.

Show me objectively verifiable evidence for supernatural events and then we can address the ones in the Bible.

I notice you completely ignored my post about the Quran. Why don’t you believe the “eyewitness accounts” that Muhammad rode to heaven on a horse?

Also, name the real-life eyewitnesses to Muhammad's flying carpet ride? There's numerous eyewitnesses to Jesus' resurrection.

Also, name the real-life eyewitnesses to Muhammad's flying carpet ride? There's numerous eyewitnesses to Jesus' resurrection.

Nothing from your link is OBJECTIVELY verifiable. Do you not know what objective evidence is? Is this another total failure of your understanding of science from your lie that you have a scientific degree?

The Bible CLAIMS there were eyewitnesses just like the Quran claims there were eyewitnesses to things that Muhammad did just like the Book of Mormon claims eyewitnesses saw the golden plates.

Why should any of them be believed?

Tangent noted...
Oh I noticed how you never actually responded to any question with anything other than cant, slogans, predigested pap, and "cute" graphics that had nothing whatsoever to do with the questions a long time ago.

I have absolutely no doubt that you actually do believe what you have been told that you jushavta believe (after all the people telling you that you jushavta believe it also tell you that you jushavta believe them because they are the only ones who actually know the real secrets and how could anyone doubt the people who know the real secrets), but some people think that Mr. Trump won the election in 2020 too.

After all, if "God Can Do Anything" then who am I to doubt that "God Has A Reason" for making me doubt the veracity of what you say and the honestly of the reasons that you say support your position - after all I am NOT God and so don't have all the answers (like you do).

Oh I noticed how you never actually responded to any question with anything other than cant, slogans, predigested pap, and "cute" graphics that had nothing whatsoever to do with the questions a long time ago.
I answer seriously only to those who are serious in their posts...otherwise, that's what cha get...
I have absolutely no doubt that you actually do believe what you have been told that you jushavta believe
You'd be wrong...no surprise there, either...

After all, if "God Can Do Anything" then who am I to doubt that "God Has A Reason" for making me doubt the veracity of what you say and the honestly of the reasons that you say support your position
Hey, you got one right...

"And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see." Matthew 13:14

Show me where I ever denied that?
Read your own posts.

You claim that God could NOT have told different peoples different things in different manners through different means (while sort of ignoring the Jewish roots of Christianity which very clearly have God telling different people different things in different manners through different means).

Of course, that is quite understandable since for you to admit otherwise sort of undercuts the marketing thrust of the "Believe what I tell you to believe because ONLY I have the real true road to eternal bliss." message that your version of "The _[fill in the blank]_ Church INC." is selling. Besides that, the corporate managers of "The _[fill in the blank]_ Church INC." will rap your knuckles and threaten you with eternal damnation if you interfere with the cash flow of "The _[fill in the blank]_ Church INC.".

I answer seriously only to those who are serious in their posts...otherwise, that's what cha get...

You'd be wrong...no surprise there, either...

Hey, you got one right...

"And the prophecy of Isaiah is being fulfilled in their case. It says: ‘You will indeed hear but by no means get the sense of it, and you will indeed look but by no means see." Matthew 13:14
Those whose only thoughts come out of a book written by others, and written in order to enhance the social status of those others, seldom have anything that anyone could confuse with either a logical or rational or original thought.

Nothing from your link is OBJECTIVELY verifiable. Do you not know what objective evidence is? Is this another total failure of your understanding of science from your lie that you have a scientific degree?

You don't learn. You AUTOMATICALLY kick everything to the curb.

Go find somebody else to wet nurse your bias.

Read your own posts.

You claim that God could NOT have told different peoples different things in different manners through different means (while sort of ignoring the Jewish roots of Christianity which very clearly have God telling different people different things in different manners through different means).

Of course, that is quite understandable since for you to admit otherwise sort of undercuts the marketing thrust of the "Believe what I tell you to believe because ONLY I have the real true road to eternal bliss." message that your version of "The _[fill in the blank]_ Church INC." is selling. Besides that, the corporate managers of "The _[fill in the blank]_ Church INC." will rap your knuckles and threaten you with eternal damnation if you interfere with the cash flow of "The _[fill in the blank]_ Church INC.".

You need a lot of help with your theology. Recommend a formal education.

By the way, nobody is ignoring the Jewish roots of Christianity. They're alive and well. You can start with Jeremiah 31:

31 “The days are coming,” declares the Lord,
“when I will make a new covenant
with the people of Israel
and with the people of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their ancestors
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,

because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to[a] them,[b]”
declares the Lord.

You don't learn. You AUTOMATICALLY kick everything to the curb.

Go find somebody else to wet nurse your bias.

And you don’t actually honestly engage. You just Lie for Christ.

Thank you for continuing to turn people away from Christianity. The service you do in the name of atheism is commendable.

The Bible CLAIMS there were eyewitnesses just like the Quran claims there were eyewitnesses to things that Muhammad did just like the Book of Mormon claims eyewitnesses saw the golden plates.

Why should any of them be believed?
God is not science as he is not a hypothetical assumption.

And you don’t actually honestly engage. You just Lie for Christ.

Thank you for continuing to turn people away from Christianity. The service you do in the name of atheism is commendable.
Dry up with your nonsense.

God is not science as he is not a hypothetical assumption.
Anything which can NOT actually be produced IS "a hypothetical".

Since you have made the assertion of fact that "God" is NOT "a hypothetical", please validate your assertion of fact by producing "God" (in actuality and not through some vague reference to some unverifiable claim made by someone who had a vested interest in making it).

L. Ron Hubbard once was in conversation with Isaac Asimov and (arising out of the discussion of writers' incomes) told Dr. Asimov "... BUT, if you REALLY want to make money - start a religion.". Mr. Hubbard took his own advice.

Why believe in anything that lacks objective verifiability?
Your question first begs a question that is foundationally deeper. So, to put the cart before the horse, why believe that all knowledge is objectively verifiable knowledge?

Your question first begs a question that is foundationally deeper. So, to put the cart before the horse, why believe that all knowledge is objectively verifiable knowledge?

Where did I claim all knowledge is objectively verifiable?

Anything which can NOT actually be produced IS "a hypothetical".

Since you have made the assertion of fact that "God" is NOT "a hypothetical", please validate your assertion of fact by producing "God" (in actuality and not through some vague reference to some unverifiable claim made by someone who had a vested interest in making it).

L. Ron Hubbard once was in conversation with Isaac Asimov and (arising out of the discussion of writers' incomes) told Dr. Asimov "... BUT, if you REALLY want to make money - start a religion.". Mr. Hubbard took his own advice.
Prove there is no God. Prove we just banged into existence.

Back
Top Bottom