• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jesus Christ’s Resurrection Is Probably The Best-Documented Historical Event Ever

It is you who has nothing but fallacies. Unable to prove a danned thing.

Nuts.

How about you people first go back and review the numerous postings where I provided information and evidences for the resurrection? Did all that go over your heads?

These are just some of those postings in this thread. In other threads there are many, many others with additional evidences for the resurrection.

See Post #'s 63, 598, 616, 702, 761, 779, 842, 849, 978.

So open your eyes, noonereal, and do your homework before jumping out with false claims.

https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...-historical-event-ever.478343/post-1076655310 9/30/22

He has to be the owner of the most oxymoronic screen name ever at DP.

Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is antichrist. - 1 John 2:22

The Fool says in his heart, there is no God. - Psalm 14:1

You're busted, along with anyone who thinks like you.

Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is antichrist. - 1 John 2:2
So you have rigged the game from the start.

So, why this dog and pony show?

Yeah, Civil War photographs are all faked.

You've eared yourself a challenge then: How about you show me your BEST ONE EXAMPLE ( 1 - JUST ONE) of a fictitious person, place, or event in the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). PERSON, PLACE OR EVENT. Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case with some kind of evidence or substantiation why it's fictitious. Please follow the instructions above. Let's see that bad boy.
Since I do not claim that all (or any) of the events set out in "The Bible" are 100% factually correct, and since I do not claim that all (or any) of the events set out in "The Bible" are 100% factually incorrect, I feel no need to "prove" either option.

I will leave the "proof" (either way) to those who claim to **K*N*O*W** that:

[1] "There IS a God."​
or​
[2] "There IS NOT a God.".​

My position is very simple, and it is "There may be a God, but then again maybe there isn't.".

Yeah, Civil War photographs are all faked.
Can you produce a single person who was present when those photographs were taken and who can trace an unbroken string of continuity between the original scene and the current photograph?

Can you produce a single person who can, from personal knowledge, certify that the photographs were actually taken of an actual (as opposed to staged) scene?

Am I prepared to bet that those photos were ALL "fake" (some were you know)? Not on your tintype.

Who is the liar? It is the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is antichrist. - 1 John 2:22

The Fool says in his heart, there is no God. - Psalm 14:1

You're busted, along with anyone who thinks like you.
Did you know that "Christianity" and "Mithraism" are almost identical (with only the names of the participants and the locations of the actions changed)?

Did you know that "The 'Christ' Story" and "The 'Krishna' Story" are almost identical (with only the names of the participants and the locations of the actions changed)?

Did you know that "Christianity" and "Mithraism" are almost identical (with only the names of the participants and the locations of the actions changed)?

Did you know that "The 'Christ' Story" and "The 'Krishna' Story" are almost identical (with only the names of the participants and the locations of the actions changed)?
Which only means there must be some truth to the account somewhere...

Which only means there must be some truth to the account somewhere...
Possibly, but which is the "true" story, the one that came first or the one that poached all of the essential details and then poached the ceremonials and then poached all of the "holy days" and then set out to kill off anyone who maintained that the one that came first was "true"?

Since I do not claim that all (or any) of the events set out in "The Bible" are 100% factually correct, and since I do not claim that all (or any) of the events set out in "The Bible" are 100% factually incorrect, I feel no need to "prove" either option.

[1] "There IS a God."​
or​

My position is very simple, and it is "There may be a God, but then again maybe there isn't.".

Apatheism: Don't know, don't care.

God doesn't care what humans believe.
He told me and I still don't care.

Can you produce a single person who was present when those photographs were taken and who can trace an unbroken string of continuity between the original scene and the current photograph?

Can you produce a single person who can, from personal knowledge, certify that the photographs were actually taken of an actual (as opposed to staged) scene?

Am I prepared to bet that those photos were ALL "fake" (some were you know)? Not on your tintype.

But we don't even get to debate the fakeness of photographs from 2,000 years ago. That makes life so much more simple.

Nuts.

How about you people first go back and review the numerous postings where I provided information and evidences for the resurrection? Did all that go over your heads?

These are just some of those postings in this thread. In other threads there are many, many others with additional evidences for the resurrection.

So open your eyes, noonereal, and do your homework before jumping out with false claims.

https://debatepolitics.com/threads/jesus-christ’s-resurrection-is-probably-the-best-documented-historical-event-ever.478343/post-1076655310 9/30/22

There is no evidence. You clearly do not know what evidence means.

will leave the "proof" (either way) to those who claim to **K*N*O*W** that:

[1] "There IS a God."or[2] "There IS NOT a God.".

One trick pony.

Nuts.

https://debatepolitics.com/threads/jesus-christ’s-resurrection-is-probably-the-best-documented-historical-event-ever.478343/post-1076655310 9/30/22

How is the story of the resurrection of Jesus any more likely than the stories of the resurrections of Inanna, Osiris, Zalmoxis, Dionysus, Dolichenus, Adonis, Hercules, Romulus, and Asclepius?

Justin Martyr and Tertullian, writing in the Second Century, admitted that there were older stories of dying and rising gods than their specific god -- gods that were worshipped by more people than Jesus at the time they were writing.

[1] "There IS a God."​
or​

Sitting on fence is not a position.

How is the story of the resurrection of Jesus any more likely than the stories of the resurrections of Inanna, Osiris, Zalmoxis, Dionysus, Dolichenus, Adonis, Hercules, Romulus, and Asclepius?

What, you don't know the difference between a real live historical individual (Jesus) and a gaggle of myths?

Also,

23 Reasons why Scholars Know Jesus is NOT a copy of Pagan Myths:

Did YOU know...

“... that Mithraism, like its mystery competitors, had a basic myth. Mithra was supposedly born when he emerged from a rock; he was carrying a knife and torch and wearing a Phrygian cap. He battled first with the sun and then with a primeval bull, thought to be the first act of creation. Mithra slew the bull, which then became the ground of life for the human race.” Nash and other scholars are unanimous in their conclusions that the so-called “similarities” between Mithra and Christ are not found prior to the advent of Christianity and the birth of Jesus. It was only after Christianity became established that pagan influences merged with and borrowed from Christianity to come up with the alleged similarities with Jesus Christ. - Scholar Ron Nash, Christianity and the Hellenistic World

Next,

23 Reasons why Scholars Know Jesus is NOT a copy of Pagan Myths:

Nash and other scholars are unanimous in their conclusions that the so-called “similarities” between Mithra and Christ are not found prior to the advent of Christianity and the birth of Jesu
Yes, 10 out of 10 Christian apologists agree.

Shocking!

Apatheism: Don't know, don't care.

God doesn't care what humans believe.
He told me and I still don't care.
Now that (apatheism") is a GREAT word. Thank you for it.

Unfortunately it doesn't cover "Don't know, do care, but I'm going to get on with my life anyway."

I read a post on another forum where the poster said "If you get right with yourself and get right with the world, then getting right with God will take care of itself." and I cannot disagree with that sentiment.

If there is a God (and you will note that I am NOT taking any position on that point) then I believe that any God that is worthy of being God will place more value on the actions of a person who does what they honestly believe is right because it is the right thing to do than they will on the actions of a person who does what they are told is right because they have been promised that they will suffer eternal torment if they don't - especially if that person wouldn't actually believe that what they are doing was the right thing to do absent the threats.

But we don't even get to debate the fakeness of photographs from 2,000 years ago. That makes life so much more simple.
All of the documentary evidence (and that includes the "on the scene" videos) has been deliberately destroyed as part of a vast, huge, immense, secret, hidden, covert, conspiratorial plot.

I know that this is **T*R*U*E** because if all of the documentary evidence (and that includes the "on the scene" videos) had NOT been deliberately destroyed as part of a vast, huge, immense, secret, hidden, covert, conspiratorial plot then there would be a plethora of documentary evidence and the lack of such documentary evidence proves the existence of that vast, huge, immense, secret, hidden, covert, conspiratorial plot.

Right?

Justin Martyr and Tertullian, writing in the Second Century, admitted that there were older stories of dying and rising gods than their specific god -- gods that were worshipped by more people than Jesus at the time they were writing.

Picky, picky, picky.

Who are you to doubt the words of several Popes. Those Popes, obviously, had no vested interest whatsoever in having people accept the doctrines of the Roman Catholic Church and so must be accepted as totally unbiased.

Besides, what those Popes said on the matter was unquestionable because they were speaking "with the authority of God" and we know that this is true because those Popes said so.

Back
Top Bottom