• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching

CNN is about to start coverage of the Jan 6 Select Committee Hearings - are you watching?
Maybe this thread can be a place to voice our collective thoughts.
I was out and busy all day, only watched around a half hour this morning. The rest I saw from references on the news. Hoping they get to the bottom of what happened and why, and who was involved with inciting the insurrection. I was disgusted when I watched what took place in the United States on January 6, 2021, I hope to never see an attack by homegrown terrorists against out government like that again in my lifetime. All those involved need to be held accountable.

I think she believes this is her only hope of salvaging some seats in the House in 2022. IMHO she is sorely mistaken.
100% agreement! She does not want focus on the border, crime, Afghanistan, inflation, (now) even COVID/masks/mandates, and more!

…. the entire thing is just another production to get Trump; those Capitol Police that testified today are merely pawns in Pelosi's game.
Any pathetic, ridiculous excuse not to acknowledge what most Americans recognized watching with our own eyes the attack as it happened on January 6th. A massive mob of crazy ass violent Trumpsters trying to prevent Congress from doing it’s duty, beating on police officers, and hunting the VP and House Speaker.

It is quite revealing Republicans are so convinced they are the ones under investigation rather than finding out why the insurrectionists invaded the Capitol to stop certification of the President.
The guilty always fear what may be dug up during investigations, lots of Trump Party republicans sweating right now, and rightly so. Hoping justice is served.

Yes, crimes took place. Those that committed crimes have been investigated, found, arrested and detained. They will be tried for their crimes and sentenced, in accordance with the law.
Which is appropriate but certainly not applied evenly. The summer riots are a clear example of the double standard of justice.

Any pathetic, ridiculous excuse not to acknowledge what most Americans recognized watching with our own eyes the attack as it happened on January 6th. A massive mob of crazy ass violent Trumpsters trying to prevent Congress from doing it’s duty, beating on police officers, and hunting the VP and House Speaker.
They'll say anything to protect and make excuses for their ex-cult leader, traitor trump. They sell their souls and turn their back on country, deny truth and reality....sad and pathetic, really.

The guilty always fear what may be dug up during investigations,
And that, my friends, is why every Trump Republican doesn't want an investigation.

And what's really messed up is that in decades past republicans would have never let fellow republicans bum rush our Capital and try to stop the peaceful transfer of power. That would have been WAY over the line.

An "attack" where only one shot was fired? And by a Capitol Cop?

After all the corruption shown to exist in DC it would be foolish to 'trust the system'. Cynicism, distrust, and skepticism would seem to be most prudent and most warranted.
Here, I'll put in terms you might be able to understand:
View attachment 67345020

It is not the investigation, it is what Pelosi and the democrats make of the so called 'investigation'.

Put it another way, what do you have to fear of election audits? Yet the Democrats are fighting tooth and nail against all of them in every state where the sate legislatures have called for them. If you were inquisitive, you might ask yourself why that is.

Conflating the man Trump and those that follow him, as opposed to Trump who gave many's agenda a voice.
Already on record here as strongly disliking the man, but agreeing with his governance.

As previously observed, or maybe the first time - but no matter, you appear to know jack shit. As accurately posted by @Mycroft in his post #410, which is 100% spot on. This is a written, choreographed, scripted political exercise in political Kabuki theater having exactly nothing to do with finding the truth or the facts, and having everything to do with the toxic politics as practices by the Democrats / leftist / liberals / progressives.
You should speak at a rally. They'd love this b.s.

Ninjas paid for by "stop the steal" terrorists sniffing my ballot for signs of Panda Poo is ridiculous.

Investigating a domestic terror attack on the Capital of the United States is not.

The saddest part of this whole thing is that you don't know the difference. Well, you're about to find out.

Which is appropriate but certainly not applied evenly. The summer riots are a clear example of the double standard of justice.
Asserting an equivalency between riots in cities around America and the attack on the Capitol building is an embarrassingly simpleminded and/or dishonest attempt at minimizing a historic betrayal of our Constitution by a wannabe fascist dictator and his brain dead loyal cult members.

A lot of us think there's more to be written in that history. The foot o have been arrested, but where are the Generals? Who gave those people their marching orders? Why was the rally held on the same day as the EC confirmation in Congress, advertised hard on social media and websites for weeks prior? Even the President chimed in and promised a 'wild time.' If you think about it, what was the purpose of the rally if not to change the outcome of the Congress's vote by fighting? Trump had lost. His court cases had failed. The last chance to change the results of the election was happening in Congress as they gathered at the Ellipse.

I don't think it was all coincidence, Trix. I think there was quite a bit of planning involved by Trump's people, not just his fans, and some of them may very well have known what was going to happen.

I'm not one to say never say never, so I guess we'll see.

I don't think Trump had ONE thing to do with planning any of this storming the Capitol crap, because in fact, he went on public record as having said, "Go up and make your voices made peacefully and patriotically."

How do you know? Are you claiming no one has been arrested for things done during the riots?

Asserting an equivalency between riots in cities around America and the attack on the Capitol building is an embarrassingly simpleminded and/or dishonest attempt at minimizing a historic betrayal of our Constitution by a wannabe fascist dictator and his brain dead loyal cult members.
No sheet! It's like comparing 911 to women who shot their abusive husbands.

It's miles from comparable.

I don't know. Why does anyone get overdramatic?
What kind of claim or statement did he make that you felt was overdramatic?

I don't think Trump had ONE thing to do with planning any of this storming the Capitol crap, because in fact, he went on public record as having said, "Go up and make your voices made peacefully and patriotically."
Cherry picking one sentence doesn’t absolve him of the Big Lie that the election was stolen. It just means he knew the consequences of his words.

100% agreement! She does not want focus on the border, crime, Afghanistan, inflation, (now) even COVID/masks/mandates, and more!
Biden has a 21 point plan for immigration. Dems can juggle more than one issue while the Republicans have no solutions. Obstruction and supression is their plan.

Trump also went on record saying he didn't know who David Duke was (he did), and went on record in Aug 2020 saying he had an unbelievably great healthcare plan coming out in a couple of weeks. He went on radio shows as John Barron to talk up Trump's prowess with the women.

You can't believe everything he says, Trix. He lies.

And that, my friends, is why every Trump Republican doesn't want an investigation.

And what's really messed up is that in decades past republicans would have never let fellow republicans bum rush our Capital and try to stop the peaceful transfer of power. That would have been WAY over the line.
Yes, the integrity of the republican party had deteriorated to the point of killing it. Who knew things would worsen so much over time, and it just took one lying conman to lead the flock over the cliff. Weak, unpatriotic GQP, scourge of our country.

Back
Top Bottom