• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Jan. 6 committee subpoenas Trump White House counsel Pat Cipollone

I certainly hope so. However, I'm feeling a tat nervous that he may sidestep as much of the questions as possible to prevent the 1/6 Committee or DOJ with bugging him about all of this anymore. He knows how much center stage that this will place him on. How long before we might be able to pull up the transcript of his testimony? A week??
On the other hand he may be having a "John Dean" moment and has decided he isn't going down with ship.

UPDATE:

Alrighty!!!!! Pat Cipollone has agreed to testify! It will be conducted behind closed doors this coming Friday!!

Former White House Counsel Pat Cipollone will testify before the Jan. 6 committee in a closed-door interview on Friday, The New York Times reported on Wednesday. According to a source briefed on the matter, Cipollone’s testimony will be transcribed and videotaped, and could potentially be used in public hearings by the committee.
I'll be curious to see what he confirms.

On the other hand he may be having a "John Dean" moment and has decided he isn't going down with ship.

I think I have to agree with you on this one. After seeing Cassidy testify, I think he realizes the fire is now under his butt and he wants it moved away pretty quick! wish this one was televised, but maybe they'll work that part out Friday?!?

I'll offer you 3 guesses to what I wish pertaining to your comment and all 3 counts. :)

Last edited:
I'll be curious to see what he confirms.
As will I and probably 99% of this board's active membership. He could blow the top off DJT's mophead or he may just do so-so/ok. His willingness to testify (limited) may help open more eyes to what's already floating around about DJT and 1/6/21.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/poli...tion-january-6-committee-this-week/index.html
Mississippi Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson, the panel's chairman, and Wyoming Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, the panel's vice chairwoman, said in a statement after issuing the subpoena that "the Select Committee's investigation has revealed evidence that Mr. Cipollone repeatedly raised legal and other concerns about President Trump's activities on January 6 and in the days that preceded."

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat who's also a member of the committee, previously told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "AC360" that the panel was willing to work through privilege issues with Cipollone to facilitate his testimony.

Lofgren said there are "quite a few things that he could tell the committee that would not be subject to privilege."

As will I and probably 99% of this board's active membership. He could blow the top off DJT's mophead or he may just do so-so/ok. His willingness to testify (limited) may help open more eyes to what's already floating around about DJT and 1/6/21.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/06/poli...tion-january-6-committee-this-week/index.html
Mississippi Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson, the panel's chairman, and Wyoming Republican Rep. Liz Cheney, the panel's vice chairwoman, said in a statement after issuing the subpoena that "the Select Committee's investigation has revealed evidence that Mr. Cipollone repeatedly raised legal and other concerns about President Trump's activities on January 6 and in the days that preceded."

Rep. Zoe Lofgren, a California Democrat who's also a member of the committee, previously told CNN's Anderson Cooper on "AC360" that the panel was willing to work through privilege issues with Cipollone to facilitate his testimony.

Lofgren said there are "quite a few things that he could tell the committee that would not be subject to privilege."
Yeah it just depends on how forth coming he is

Yeah it just depends on how forth coming he is
Yup - like some who was under DJT's thumb, they're now trying to get on the right side of history, while not stepping on the toes of their former mob boss and his operatives. Positioning themselves for what's next in life.

Something that I wasn't aware of is that out of Cipollone's 10 children, his oldest, a daughter, is the Fox News Producer. Is stuff like this weighing on Pat Cipollone's mind as he ponders over just how much truth he'll reveal to the 1/6 Committee concerning his former boss, DJT?

It was reported about 20 minutes ago that Pat Cipollone has been testifying for over 7 hours and still going. Doesn't sound like many 5ths were dished out. I'll be anxious to learn what he mostly stated under oath.

It was reported about 20 minutes ago that Pat Cipollone has been testifying for over 7 hours and still going. Doesn't sound like many 5ths were dished out. I'll be anxious to learn what he mostly stated under oath.
It's really interesting how many of the people who had been resisting suddenly decide to testify.

It's really interesting how many of the people who had been resisting suddenly decide to testify.

I'm happy to hear this:

Yes - interesting. Sometimes when a 26 year old lady has the courage to come forth and tell the truth under millions of harsh eyes watching her 'live', I suppose it's time for a professional attorney to the elite to step up and occupy a piece of that spot on the right side of history. That and the fact that he was an attorney at the White House for the people and by the people - not DJT alone - to DJT's disappointment. Telling the truth can help one to sleep better at night in their line of duty to country.

I know, I know - when might the last hearing be?????

Update:
In a statement Sunday, Tim Mulvey, the committee's spokesman, "Cipollone's videotaped testimony will likely be featured prominently during the final hearing."

"In our interview with Mr. Cipollone, the Committee received critical testimony on nearly every major topic in its investigation, reinforcing key points regarding Donald Trump’s misconduct and providing highly relevant new information that will play a central role in its upcoming hearings," the statement from the committee read.

"This includes information demonstrating Donald Trump’s supreme dereliction of duty," the statement also said.

Back
Top Bottom