• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

James Murdoch in line to replace Musk as Tesla chairman: FT

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...place-musk-as-tesla-chairman-ft-idUSKCN1MK2DY

(Reuters) - Outgoing Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.O) Chief Executive James Murdoch is the lead candidate to replace Elon Musk as Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) chairman, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing two people briefed on the discussions.
=====================================
I don't know anything about this guy but I think Musk is starting lose it. Too many billions in the bank, too many irons in the fire. Does he ever sleep?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...place-musk-as-tesla-chairman-ft-idUSKCN1MK2DY

(Reuters) - Outgoing Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (FOXA.O) Chief Executive James Murdoch is the lead candidate to replace Elon Musk as Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) chairman, the Financial Times reported on Wednesday, citing two people briefed on the discussions.
=====================================
I don't know anything about this guy but I think Musk is starting lose it. Too many billions in the bank, too many irons in the fire. Does he ever sleep?

WOW, that would be a very not serious choice.

A mind like Musk’s needs to focus on generating invention and business ideas, not running the businesses.

As in the son of Rupert Murdoch?

That seems....kinda shaky....maybe have a seasoned tech CEO take over a tech company? But hey, he's got that last name, that's all you need, right?

As in the son of Rupert Murdoch?

That seems....kinda shaky....maybe have a seasoned tech CEO take over a tech company? But hey, he's got that last name, that's all you need, right?

He is a long time friend of Elon....that is what is required and Murdock also has the benefit of having nearly zero relevant experience so he will be easy to push around just like the rest of the board is....Musk sure has no interest in having anyone in that spot who is competent and independent...you know...like a real company would do.

This is not the adult supervision that everyone has been talking about.

Last edited:
A mind like Musk’s needs to focus on generating invention and business ideas, not running the businesses.

In a way, I agree. Perhaps when Elon Musk is replaced he can finally focus on all of his projects and try to achieve them instead of continuing to go around the internet predicting things, right? Don't get me wrong, his ideas are great, but without action, they're all just bunch of useless predictions about the future of technology.

Back
Top Bottom