• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ivanka Trump used a personal email account to send hundreds of emails about government business last

So until the House can show otherwise by examining those emails there are no credible sources available.

The House will need to ask for ALL the emails, turn them over to the FBI to determine if any were classified. Do you smell Karma ?

It's just like playing golf, going on vacation, and lying. When trump does it, somehow to right-wing nuts, it's ok.
When it leads to you guys turning into bug-**** crazy, slobber sling loons it's more than "ok", it's fan-damn-tastic. :lamo

HRC never gave a **** about FOIA requests, federal records law or national security either.

If you don't care about what Ivanka did then you didn't care about anything Hillary did.

The House will need to ask for ALL the emails, turn them over to the FBI to determine if any were classified. Do you smell Karma ?

Yes, they will. But I hope they prioritize Emoluments violations, his tax returns and his appointment of Whitaker. While important in a normal universe, Ivanka's personal emails are nothing compared to Trump's deconstruction of Democratic norms and institutions.

And then what? If there was classified information in her emails, but no provable intent, then no prosecution, right?

Why do people keep repeating this lie? The same goes for the lie that Hillary simply was using a private email. She had a whole dang server, people.

From Comey....

From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent; 36 chains contained Secret information at the time; and eight contained Confidential information, which is the lowest level of classification. Separate from those, about 2,000 additional e-mails were “up-classified” to make them Confidential; the information in those had not been classified at the time the e-mails were sent.

And now its Ivankas turn lol. Oh this is going to get good.

And then what? If there was classified information in her emails, but no provable intent, then no prosecution, right?

That argument doesn't work after the issue of using private email for government business was made explosively public by years of Congressional and FBI investigations, followed by countless rallies for her father in which entire audiences shouted for Clinton to be locked up. At that point Ivanka and Jared are specifically flouting the law.

That argument doesn't work after the issue of using private email for government business was made explosively public by years of Congressional and FBI investigations, followed by countless rallies for her father in which entire audiences shouted for Clinton to be locked up. At that point Ivanka and Jared are specifically flouting the law.

Donald Trumps reaction to his daughters mishandling of governent emails:

"Ivanka who? She came highly recommended. I believe she got me a cup of coffee once."

Clinton didn't just use private email, as you well know. If the Kushners were using a private server then the only precedent that exists for that (as far as I know) is what Hillary did. If the Kushners disclosed classified information, but didn't intend to do anything wrong, then the standard established by the FBI is that it's not prosecutable.

Since there was a minimum of a federal records rules violation, this matter should be investigated. If you wish a political outcome, then Congress should do it. If it's potentially criminal, then it should be investigated by the FBI.

Personally, I think it should be investigated outside of Congress, and prosecute if warranted.

Donald Trumps reaction to his daughters mishandling of governent emails:

"Ivanka who? She came highly recommended. I believe she got me a cup of coffee once."

No, Trump will do something tomorrow that will move the public's outrage to something else. This is why it's important that the House remain focused on no more than about five or six of the most important scandals surrounding the White House.

However, I admit that I'm concerned by the Whitaker situation. The person who would serve the House's subpoenas is...the Attorney General. What if Congress subpoenas the White House and the AG refuses to honor them? At first I was happy when Democrats took over the House, but I'm apprehensive about what's to follow starting in January.

Clinton didn't just use private email, as you well know. If the Kushners were using a private server then the only precedent that exists for that (as far as I know) is what Hillary did. If the Kushners disclosed classified information, but didn't intend to do anything wrong, then the standard established by the FBI is that it's not prosecutable.

Since there was a minimum of a federal records rules violation, this matter should be investigated. If you wish a political outcome, then Congress should do it. If it's potentially criminal, then it should be investigated by the FBI.

Personally, I think it should be investigated outside of Congress, and prosecute if warranted.

The "private server" distinction is meaningless. Ivanka and Jared knew that what they were doing was quite specifically illegal. They just didn't care.

If you don't care about what Ivanka did then you didn't care about anything Hillary did.

Until it's shown Ivanka disseminated classified information via her private email account I don't care about this.

Until it's shown Ivanka disseminated classified information via her private email account I don't care about this.

Regardless, she broke Federal Records rules, and we'll know if she sent classified info after the House looks into it. And if she did send classified info, Republicans will care as much as they care about her breaking Federal Records rules, which is to say "none at all."

Republicans didn't really think the email thing with Clinton was important, and they don't think it's important now.

Given her dubious business adventuresboth before, and in this last year. many on the taxpayer dime, how has this highest level presidential adviser escaped closer scrutiny?

No, Trump will do something tomorrow that will move the public's outrage to something else. This is why it's important that the House remain focused on no more than about five or six of the most important scandals surrounding the White House.

However, I admit that I'm concerned by the Whitaker situation. The person who would serve the House's subpoenas is...the Attorney General. What if Congress subpoenas the White House and the AG refuses to honor them? At first I was happy when Democrats took over the House, but I'm apprehensive about what's to follow starting in January.

Yes

Whittaker is a top priority for the Dem House. He will be in front of the committee by end of Jan.

Yes

Whittaker is a top priority for the Dem House. He will be in front of the committee by end of Jan.

Whitaker isn't recusing himself from an investigation he should absolutely be recusing himself from, and he's breaking the law by refusing to release his financial disclosures. We haven't seen the bottom of this. By this I mean that he could complete the descent into Banana Republic by unapologetically turning the DOJ into a weapon for the White House.

Last edited:
Whitaker isn't recusing himself from an investigation he should absolutely be recusing himself from, and he's breaking the law by refusing to release his financial statements. We haven't seen the bottom of this. By this I mean that he could complete the descent into Banana Republic by unapologetically turning the DOJ into a weapon for the White House.

All will be revealed soon enough. Its going to be a rough
two years for the Trump Family Crime Syndicate.

The "private server" distinction is meaningless. Ivanka and Jared knew that what they were doing was quite specifically illegal. They just didn't care.

I've already pointed out it's not specifically illegal;

Section 1236.22 of the 2009 National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) requirements states that:

“Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system.”

If there was no classified information sent and the emails were archived.

Then investigate it, like I said.

All will be revealed soon enough. Its going to be a rough teo years for the Trump Family Crime Syndicate.

Okay, but just remember that it's the DOJ who executes Congress's subpoenas and arrests based on "contempt of Congress."

If the DOJ simply refuses to execute the will of Congress, then to the best of my knowledge that's the end of that.

Does Chanel make orange jump suits in Ivankas size?

Lock her up:lamo

I've already pointed out it's not specifically illegal;

Section 1236.22 of the 2009 National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) requirements states that:

“Agencies that allow employees to send and receive official electronic mail messages using a system not operated by the agency must ensure that Federal records sent or received on such systems are preserved in the appropriate agency record keeping system.”

If there was no classified information sent and the emails were archived.

Your quote says nothing about classified information and there's no reason to accept that they preserved all of their emails with the record keeping system.

Okay, but just remember that it's the DOJ who executes Congress's subpoenas and arrests based on "contempt of Congress."

If the DOJ simply refuses to execute the will of Congress, then to the best of my knowledge that's the end of that.

Then we will have a Constitutional crisis. When Nixon refused to turn over tapes to the House the SC ruled the Executive Branch could not with hold evidence in a criminal investigation. Nixon was held in contempt, I believe it was the third article of Impeachment.

Leftists suddenly care about emails? How amusing.

Did I miss it -has there been any indication that Ivanka sent Top Secret information on these emails. So far all I see is an administrative infraction.

Back
Top Bottom