• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's Tennessee so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The scene. Quiet wind pushing the leaves, maybe a barking houd off in the distance and the slow, piercing sound of a banjo raising the hair on your neck.

Disgusting. Damn hillbilly southerners with their incest.

Fox News Republicans don't believe in a family tree with branches.

Bug eatin moron country...

To be fair, Rob, second cousins are pretty distant. All it means is that they share a common great-grandparent. Sometimes people don't even know they have that in common.

They share chromosomes, so it's incest in my eyes.

Holy cow, folks! What's with this hatred of the south? (Or am I missing some sarcasm here? I tend to miss a lot of things.)

The scene. Quiet wind pushing the leaves, maybe a barking hound off in the distance and the slow, piercing sound of a banjo raising the hair on your neck.

You forgot the sound of dueling banjos.

Hooley sheep. Drug addiction, medical misconduct, and incest.

The scene. Quiet wind pushing the leaves, maybe a barking houd off in the distance and the slow, piercing sound of a banjo raising the hair on your neck.

We have some good ones here in Tennessee. Congressman DesJarlais is a good one. He's a pro-life Republican who had a series of affairs with his patients, and of course encouraged one of them to get an abortion in Georgia, because he's pro life. His wife had more than one abortion, and taped the conversations between her husband and former patient. The best part is this came out long ago, and the good people of his district keep putting this 'pro-life' conservative back in Congress. FAMILY VALUES!!

I think second cousin is the closest allowed relative for relations...
No. Some southerners have married their sisters. That is allowed in some states.

Holy cow, folks! What's with this hatred of the south? (Or am I missing some sarcasm here? I tend to miss a lot of things.)
Serious ass a heart attack. Most southerners are hillbilly sister ****ers.

It was a funny story. Stop going so damn overboard with this crap. Jesus.

This meme is tasteless but it applies in this context.

thumb_dear-abby-im-19-and-still-a-virgin-do-you-43815645.png

You're wrong, 99. That's like saying most people in Chicago are murdering gangsters. It's not true.

This meme is tasteless but it applies in this context.

thumb_dear-abby-im-19-and-still-a-virgin-do-you-43815645.png
Mostly likely they are gay and banging each other. There still southerners and think incest is okay.

You're wrong, 99. That's like saying most people in Chicago are murdering gangsters. It's not true.
Sure. And if you say all chicago politicians are corrupt, I will 100% agree with you.

Disgusting. Damn hillbilly southerners with their incest.

:rolleyes:

"In the United States, second cousins are legally allowed to marry in every state. What's more, the genetic risk associated with second cousins having children is almost as small as it would be between two unrelated individuals. ..."

:rolleyes:

"In the United States, second cousins are legally allowed to marry in every state. What's more, the genetic risk associated with second cousins having children is almost as small as it would be between two unrelated individuals. ..."

LOL. Just because there is no genetic risk, doesn't make it okay.

Marrying first cousins was big among a lot of my early settler ancestors in this area. No one batted an eye. We seem to have done okay. Not the most attractive lot, but we're not drooling or anything.

I think second cousin is the closest allowed relative for relations...
Depends on the place. There are many places where first cousins are allowed. Tennesee will allow 1st cousin marriages. About 20 states will allow first cousin marriages.

Back
Top Bottom