• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [3:30 PM CDT] - in 25 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's President Biden's fault...

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
We've all seen the blame placed at the President for the highest inflation in 40 years. Well, how about the strongest economic growth in 40 years. Is that President Biden's fault as well? What about the movement of over 3 million children rising out of poverty? Is that President Biden's fault too? And if the President is to blame for all this spending, why are R politicians claiming credit for it?

We've all seen the blame placed at the President for the highest inflation in 40 years. Well, how about the strongest economic growth in 40 years. Is that President Biden's fault as well? What about the movement of over 3 million children rising out of poverty? Is that President Biden's fault too? And if the President is to blame for all this spending, why are R politicians claiming credit for it?

In my lifetime I don't think I've EVER seen a President get so little credit for so much good in the economy. Especially considering that there is still a pandemic going on that should be a massive wrench in the economy.

Maybe the MSM will start talking about it for a whole five minutes after President Biden touts the economy in the upcoming state of the union address.

The MSM people need to stop focusing on the bad things impacting Americans today, i.e., Inflation, COVID, supply-chain problems, deficit spending, Failing public schools, rampant crime in urban areas, dead police officers, . . . etc, etc.

Instead, they need to change the messaging . . . and focus on the good policies by the Biden administration. . . like . well, , , you know. . . . . um ..

I can't really think of anything atm... :unsure:

The MSM people need to stop focusing on the bad things impacting Americans today, i.e., Inflation, COVID, supply-chain problems, deficit spending, Failing public schools, rampant crime in urban areas, dead police officers, . . . etc, etc.

Instead, they need to change the messaging . . . and focus on the good policies by the Biden administration. . . like . well, , , you know. . . . . um ..

Infrastructure

my BidenCare™ plan

(not necessarily n that order)

The DNC needs to put major advertising dollars out to inform everyone of this.

The infrastructure bill you republics are taking credit for?

In my lifetime I don't think I've EVER seen a President get so little credit for so much good in the economy. Especially considering that there is still a pandemic going on that should be a massive wrench in the economy.

Maybe the MSM will start talking about it for a whole five minutes after President Biden touts the economy in the upcoming state of the union address.

The best economy of our lifetimes, while in a pandemic! Amazing. No idea if he deserves credit, but if they're going to fault him for inflation - they need to praise him for the economy.

The best economy of our lifetimes, while in a pandemic! Amazing. No idea if he deserves credit, but if they're going to fault him for inflation - they need to praise him for the economy.

Why, what did he do?

He negated the fake narrative portraying Democrats to be poor managers of the economy, when in fact it's Republicans who destroy economies, over and over again.

Ka-BOOM! Chomsky from half court!

Tremendous GDP growth and bringing children out of poverty don't make your cut?

Infrastructure

my BidenCare™ plan

(not necessarily n that order)
Does the 0rder matter?
Why aren't bridges being fixed already with money already appropriated?
How many people have Bidencare?
Is that like Obamacare but a lot slower and older?

He negated the fake narrative portraying Democrats to be poor managers of the economy, when in fact it's Republicans who destroy economies, over and over again.
You didn't care for the economic growth, low unemployment, and higher wages after Trump's tax cuts of 2017?
Or do you simply dislike 'anything Trump'?

GDP growth that didn't benefit mainstream America and government shouldn't be bringing children out of poverty, their parents should.

The inflation makes the growth meaningless since wages are still stagnant while corporations and companies are cashing in record profits. There are ways to incentivize companies to pay better and its so far past time that someone in DC gave that a try instead of making government assistance a never ending spending increase.

It would be nice if he actually did that.

Clinton and Obama did that as well.

It doesn't matter who does and doesn't get credit .. what will matter is how the electorate perceives Democrats and their "accomplishments" since Biden has taken office. When people are paying higher prices for gas, paying more for groceries, stranding Americans in Afghanistan, tense times with no action in Ukraine, yelling at the press after preaching calmness and civility ... all they'll do is blame whoever is in power. Fortunately, we'll have those insights in about 9 months with the midterm elections, and the reality is: If things are bad .. it's Biden's fault and the electorate will respond accordingly.

You didn't care for the economic growth, low unemployment, and higher wages after Trump's tax cuts of 2017?
trumps economy performed at the exact same pace as obamas. nothing changed under trump other than EXPLODING the deficit and debt (pre pandemic by the way).

The best economy of our lifetimes,

I dont know about any of that fella.

The economy of the average working class person isnt defined by GDP, or the DOW. Or the unemployment rate.

Trump inherited all that, and repeated the Bush tax cuts, which would give us the roaring twenties with the same result, a Great Depression.

The infrastructure bill you republics are taking credit for?
What about the stimulus package that they claim caused all the inflation and none of the economic growth. That's the type of low-level thought that persists in these circles.

It would be nice if he actually did that.
That's why we have data:

fredgraph.png

Trump inherited all that, and repeated the Bush tax cuts, which would give us the roaring twenties with the same result, a Great Depression.
I believe you forgot there was the start of the pandemic in 2020 which knocked the hell out of our economy.
Did Trump cause that to happen, too?

I was aware that the GDP growth went up substantially after people started returning to work after the COVID lockdowns.

This surge in GDP growth was going to happen even if Daffy Duck were the president.

Specifically, in your opinion, which Biden policy caused this "Tremendous GDP growth"?

GDP growth that didn't benefit mainstream America and government shouldn't be bringing children out of poverty, their parents should.

The inflation makes the growth meaningless since wages are still stagnant while corporations and companies are cashing in record profits. There are ways to incentivize companies to pay better and its so far past time that someone in DC gave that a try instead of making government assistance a never ending spending increase.
If you don't think GDP benefits main street you don't know what GDP represents.

Back
Top Bottom