• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Its OK To Incite Violence Against Russia on Facebook

So long as youre in certain countries, calling for violence will now be ok, against other certain countries. Which is a great example of the stupidity of facebooks censorship. American says kill Russians, banned. Ukrainian says kill Russians, ok. Russians say kill Ukranians? Well, facebook is banned in Russia.

So hate speech isnt really wrong, just depends on the popularity of it.
Lord have mercy!

Gee, I wonder why they might consider making an exception for Ukrainians resisting a brutal invasion replete with war crimes when those calls for violence are aimed at Russian Troops in context of fighting the invasion.

FFS, such an idiotic partisan thread... 🤦‍♂️
I certainly get your point and would agree...IT IS DIFFERENT...YES!

IT is a country repelling an invasion against itself...no question...

But what I would view as legitimate critisism is this: Why does facebook get to make this call?

I am generally suspiciois about unaccountable people desciding matters of free speech.

Is Facebook in charge of Facebook?

In the context of this evil invasion I (even I, a free speech absolutist almost) do agree with banning RT...the propaganda BS of Putin....)

BUT, and I know it is not that relevant in war, I am still concerned how easy it is for big tech to squash speech...

Meaning their ability...they should not have such power (public comodities for the win)

They are way to big! Really!

Though it is a minor point in a war, it is a point in my view.

Name one specific genocide that Facebook's policies have led to, citing specific sources per what we all had to do in high school?
Yawn.

Too easy.

Yawn.

Too easy.
Knowing about harm to users is not a genocide.

What was the result of that lawsuit?? A lawsuit by itself is not proof that they caused a genocide. I can sue you for something right now. That does not make it proof. The judge would just throw it out.

So long as youre in certain countries, calling for violence will now be ok, against other certain countries. Which is a great example of the stupidity of facebooks censorship. American says kill Russians, banned. Ukrainian says kill Russians, ok. Russians say kill Ukranians? Well, facebook is banned in Russia.

So hate speech isnt really wrong, just depends on the popularity of it.

Allowing people to encourage others to stand up and fight for their country against an invading murderous bunch of cowards has never been hate speech. Why would it be? This is a very easy concept to grasp.

It's okay for the left to advocate for violence as long as it serves their political purposes.

Just days ago Lindsey Graham was chastised for suggesting someone assassinate Putin.

Psaki said "That's not who we are". Apparently that's exactly who we are. Well, not we; democrats.
Some ham and egger on FB doesn't carry the same weight as a US government official (Senator) making the same claims.

What was the result of that lawsuit?? A lawsuit by itself is not proof that they caused a genocide. I can sue you for something right now. That does not make it proof. The judge would just throw it out.
Its not merely knowledge of harm, their algorithms were designed to promote extremism. I gave ya what you asked for take it or leave it. 🤷‍♀️

This is like pretending the radio stations that contributed to the genocide in Rowanda hold no culpability.

Its not merely knowledge of harm, their algorithms were designed to promote extremism. I gave ya what you asked for take it or leave it. 🤷‍♀️
You said that Facebook policies LED to a genocide. I asked for an example. You still have not given one.

You said that Facebook policies LED to a genocide. I asked for an example. You still have not given one.
They amplified and led to a genocide in the same way radio stations led and amplified the genocide in Rwanda. Youtube had a similar problem of creating alt right pipelines by creating algorithms that would lead thousands of accounts that did not even seek out extremism towards more and more extreme content overtime. Take it or leave it. Not my problem.

They amplified and led to a genocide in the same way radio stations led and amplified the genocide in Rwanda. Youtube had a similar problem of creating alt right pipelines by creating algorithms that would lead thousands of accounts that did not even seek out extremism towards more and more extreme content overtime. Take it or leave it. Not my problem.
The persecution of Rohingya Muslims dates back to the 1970s. Facebook and YouTube certainly were not around during that time. You failed. They did not lead to the genocide, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN EXIST!!!!

The persecution of Rohingya Muslims dates back to the 1970s. Facebook and YouTube certainly were not around during that time. You failed. They did not lead to the genocide, BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EVEN EXIST!!!!
My golly learn to read. I did not say this.

Gee, I wonder why they might consider making an exception for Ukrainians resisting a brutal invasion replete with war crimes when those calls for violence are aimed at Russian Troops in context of fighting the invasion.

FFS, such an idiotic partisan thread... 🤦‍♂️
Democrats are just as bad as Putin, except they're not using military force; because they're attacking us from within.

They amplified and created algorithms that they knew were contributing to the amplification of the hatred towards Rohingya Muslims. I brought up the radios that further inflamed the hatred that lead to the genocide in Rwanda to show facebook’s culpability. This is what happens when you ignore even whistleblowers in favor of some spoiled frat boy.

Last edited:
I said take it or leave it🤷‍♀️.
Yes, I know. You don't like that I shot down the argument, then when you said you didn't say something, I pointed out that you did. All you are doing now is repeating yourself after I pointed out your innacuracies.

🤷‍♀️ Take it or leave it.
I said take it or leave it🤷‍♀️.

You're like a 6 year old who is trying to argue and when they don't have anything else they just keep repeating the same thing.

Take it or leave it
Take it or leave it
Take it or leave it

Im still waiting for the proof. What you gave me is not proof.

Yes, I know. You don't like that I shot down the argument, then when you said you didn't say something, I pointed out that you did. All you are doing now is repeating yourself after I pointed out your innacuracies.

You're like a 6 year old who is trying to argue and when they don't have anything else they just keep repeating the same thing.

Take it or leave it
Take it or leave it
Take it or leave it

Im still waiting for the proof. What you gave me is not proof.
Im not even mad at you. If i was angry with you, you would know it lol.

Im not even mad at you. If i was angry with you, you would know it lol.
You gave me proof of a lawsuit, not that their policies caused a genocide. I could sue anyone I wanted right now for vandalizing my property. That doesn't mean they did it. They judge would throw it out without proof.

Back
Top Bottom