• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Its OK To Incite Violence Against Russia on Facebook

So long as youre in certain countries, calling for violence will now be ok, against other certain countries. Which is a great example of the stupidity of facebooks censorship. American says kill Russians, banned. Ukrainian says kill Russians, ok. Russians say kill Ukranians? Well, facebook is banned in Russia.

So hate speech isnt really wrong, just depends on the popularity of it.
It's a private business. If you think they are hypocrites don't use them or give them your money. I don't use Facebook.

Gee, I wonder why they might consider making an exception for Ukrainians resisting a brutal invasion replete with war crimes when those calls for violence are aimed at Russian Troops in context of fighting the invasion.

FFS, such an idiotic partisan thread... 🤦‍♂️
Yup, these troll posts just keep getting dumber and dumber. Right wingers get scummier and scummier

The MSM never says anything bad about Republicans, okie dokie.

I think Fox is just trying to point out the failures going on with this administration.

Trump is Putin’s puppet? Really?

What does that make Joe Biden?

Facebook controls the narrative in the USA as Putin does in Russia. Isn’t that a coincidence.

Nothing to see here folks.
Yeah your posts is so dumb there is nothing to see. Not a single fact or argument. Everything Trump did favored Putin, he praised Putin, lifed sanctioned, blackmailed Ukraine, etc. Biden is standing up to him, but you want to make the dumb comment that Biden must be Putin's puppet? Russia didn't even deny they helped Trump get elected with their fake news spreading. And of course, right wing moron terrorists eat it up

I dont. But as this is a political debate forum, discussing their politics seems relevant.
Again, it is a private business. I thought you wanted smaller government?

Again, it is a private business. I thought you wanted smaller government?

I do. And I agree. Whats that got to with pointing out a privates businesses bad business? They have a right to be dumb. I have a right to call them dumb.

So long as youre in certain countries, calling for violence will now be ok, against other certain countries. Which is a great example of the stupidity of facebooks censorship. American says kill Russians, banned. Ukrainian says kill Russians, ok. Russians say kill Ukranians? Well, facebook is banned in Russia.

So hate speech isnt really wrong, just depends on the popularity of it.
1647129574980.png

The DETAILS matter.

Facebook is not allowing for calling for violence against RUSSIANS. It is allowing calling for violence against RUSSIAN SOLDIERS.
That will be difficult to decern. Nobody says. Kill the Russian soldiers. They say kill the Russians. If Facebook can somehow draw the distinction that would be great.

Russians Around the World Are Facing Abuse and Harassment Amid the Ukraine Conflict​

Tara Law
Thu, March 10, 2022, 12:56 PM·5 min read

The Russia House bar and restaurant waves the American flag outside its entrance on Connecticut Avenue in Washington, DC on Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Vandals broke a window at lower right after the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Credit - Pat Benic—UPI/Shutterstock

Ike Gazaryan’s wife, Yulia, typically answers the phone for their San Diego, Calif. restaurant, Pushkin Russian Restaurant, which serves food from former Soviet republics. But after Russia invaded Ukraine, Gazaryan decided to answer it himself. In the week after the war began, he says, the restaurant received about 15 to 20 abusive phone calls.

He didn’t pay much attention to the first few calls, which he attributed to kids messing around, but then some of the calls seemed to threaten violence. “We started getting more serious calls, with people yelling and screaming at us,” says Gazaryan, who is ethnically Armenian but has lived in Russia. “As if we have something to do with this war, blaming us for what the Putin regime is doing. We had people calling, saying, they’re going to blow sh-t up.” His wife Yulia has borne the brunt of these calls, Gazaryan says. “I had to take the phone, because I don’t want people screaming at her.”

Along with Fox/Republicans talking about this OP, 8 of their 10 top news stories on their website are trashing Joe, Kamala and Jen as trump's genius slaughters Ukrainians including children.

Republican/Russian propaganda is genius.
Why is there always at least one that has to pop into threads like this and cry about Trump?

That ain't right. If you've got a standard apply it evenly and honestly.

They are. The standard is that it's not okay to advocate killing people unless you are advocating for killing people who are invading your country and committing war crimes there.

It's a private business. If you think they are hypocrites don't use them or give them your money. I don't use Facebook.
Theres so many criticisms that could be thrown at facebook, far righties are just too self serving to levy any hard hitting ones like the fact that facebook deliberately programs their algorithms to lead people towards more extreme content which has already lead to genocide.

Now with the subject of this thread im actually going to take a more nuanced approach that its not surprising facebook is taking this approach. Violence and hate gets them engagement no matter how justified or not one might feel that hate is warranted and quite frankly the heads of facebook do not have the ability nor the maturity to do any differently than provide a breeding ground for our lizard brains to flourish and only be reactive when the shit hits the fan.

As much as i say about this forum, the rules here are much better designed and enforced than facebook because this is a crowd funded platform that doesnt need the constant and pervasive engagement that facebook does in order to profit.

Just shut down facebook and find something else. It just fails to honestly provide what it claims to provide at nearly every turn.

Trump, yeah, gonna Trump that.

The media decides.

Propaganda

Who is in charge?

Trump, yeah, gonna Trump that.

The media decides.

Propaganda

Who is in charge?
Did you just ask who is in charge of facebook?….. another nooblet come lately.

Now with the subject of this thread im actually going to take a more nuanced approach that its not surprising facebook is taking this approach. Violence and hate gets them engagement no matter how justified or not one might feel that hate is warranted and quite frankly the heads of facebook do not have the ability nor the maturity to do any differently than provide a breeding ground for our lizard brains to flourish and only be reactive when the shit hits the fan.

As much as i say about this forum, the rules here are much better designed and enforced than facebook because this is a crowd funded platform that doesnt need the constant and pervasive engagement that facebook does in order to profit.

Just shut down facebook and find something else. It just fails to honestly provide what it claims to provide at nearly every turn.

Yes, it's all about engagement! From the founder of the CRT psy-op amplified by Foxnews...

Theres so many criticisms that could be thrown at facebook, far righties are just too self serving to levy any hard hitting ones like the fact that facebook deliberately programs their algorithms to lead people towards more extreme content which has already lead to genocide.
Name one specific genocide that Facebook's policies have led to, citing specific sources per what we all had to do in high school?

I do. And I agree. Whats that got to with pointing out a privates businesses bad business? They have a right to be dumb. I have a right to call them dumb.

Back
Top Bottom