• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

It's Official: Bush Spied On Me

KCConservative said:
Oh, now you've done it. Danarhea will, no doubt, use your post as his source for the new Bush Nickel Scandal. :lol:

Am I as reputable as his other sources?? ...LOL

Carl said:
You just can't trust the government!!

It the presidents fault.... LOL

He spied on the coffee...

Calm2Chaos said:
It the presidents fault.... LOL

He spied on the coffee...

Call up Feingold, have him issue another Censure resolution!

CENSURE! CENSURE! CENSURE!!!

IMPEACHMENT!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!!!

It's the coffee spying scandal!!!

Big Brother is watching YOU!

31_spy_vs_spy.jpg

reaganburch said:
Call up Feingold, have him issue another Censure resolution!

CENSURE! CENSURE! CENSURE!!!

IMPEACHMENT!! IMPEACHMENT!!! IMPEACHMENT!!!!

It's the coffee spying scandal!!!

Lucky for us he's only spying on "imported" coffee. I would hate to think he was going after domestic beans.

Calm2Chaos said:
Lucky for us he's only spying on "imported" coffee. I would hate to think he was going after domestic beans.
Maybe there were imported beans at the protest, thus the spying...

Back to the subject matter...

disneydude said:
KCC, by your reply you seem to be conceding that the administration lied when they claimed that they only spied on people linked to terrorist groups.
This, of course, is not what the administration claimed...

They claimed that the warrantless wiretapping being conducted is only on people allegedly linked to terrorist groups...Never did they say anything about spying, and if you come up with something, it will be taken out of context...If that were truly the case, not one American involved in organized crime would be in jail right now...

As pertaining to the article...

The FBI acknowledged the report sounded as if it were reporting on the activities of an anti-war group, but said ”such a characterization would be factually misleading.”

The agent was pursuing leads “from another source possibly establishing a link between an ongoing investigation and the group engaging in anti-war protests. Finding no such link, he terminated his surveillance,” the FBI said in a statement.

This tells us that the FBI was there for a reason that, currently, has not been made public...Anything stated by anyone other than them is pure speculation...

Which is the gist of 95% of threads like this are anyway...:shrug:

KCConservative said:
Interesting. You actually thought I would say the ACLU are terrorists? You honestly thought that?
Well let's see, since you claimed in many of your former posts that the regular non-terrorists have nothing to be worried about with regards to domestic warrentless wiretapping and patriot act implications yet in this case the obviously non-terrorist groups that hip works with are being spied upon. So by default you are indeed implicating these groups to be terrorist groups.

Simon W. Moon said:
Moderator's Warning:

Some folks have trouble understanding this even though I've tried highlighting each of the items. So, in that light, please don't take offense at how simply I'm going top break this down. It's not directed at you in particular.

In order to post someone else's material (copyrighted material in particular) there are a two (2) guidelines that must be followed. That's all, just two.

#1 All material posted from copyrighted material MUST contain a link to the original work. All means all and must means must. All such material must contain a link to the original source.
hipsterdufus, your piece DID have a link to the original source. Good job

And in ADDITON to this

#2 Please do not post entire articles. I'm not sure how to clarify this. But, if needed, I will try.
hipsterdufus, you posted the entire article. Please do not do this.

What you should have done:
Proper format is to paraphrase the contents of an article and/or post relevant excerpts and then link to the rest.

So remember, two guidelines which both must be followed at the same time.

These guidelines, as well as others can be found here Forum Rules

Thanks, your humble mod,
SWM
Thanks for the heads up. I was under the impression that this wasn't an issue for shorter articles like the one I cited. My bad.

This just in - the spying story made it on to Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I feel like such a ....rebel. :sword:

What a waste of man-power and tax money. :roll:

Ooh - I think I see a quaker from my window. brb

jfuh said:
Well let's see, since you claimed in many of your former posts that the regular non-terrorists have nothing to be worried about with regards to domestic warrentless wiretapping and patriot act implications yet in this case the obviously non-terrorist groups that hip works with are being spied upon. So by default you are indeed implicating these groups to be terrorist groups.
What does any of this have to do with the ACLU? What are you smoking, jfuh?

KCConservative said:
What does any of this have to do with the ACLU? What are you smoking, jfuh?
You brought it up, not me, I'm simply responding to what you laid claim to. Or are you spewing more non-sense?

jfuh said:
You brought it up, not me, I'm simply responding to what you laid claim to. Or are you spewing more non-sense?

Wrong again. It was your disney pal (post #5).

disneydude said:
I expect some reply about the ACLU being a terrorist group....

Good try though.

Nonsense, indeed.

hipsterdufus said:
This just in - the spying story made it on to Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I feel like such a ....rebel. :sword:

What a waste of man-power and tax money. :roll:
I didn't know Countdown took tax money...but it's definitely a waste...

They even had a story on this crappy thread...How weak can you get?...:confused:

"The memo called the Merton Center “a left-wing organization advocating, among many political causes, pacifism.”

From the same article

"The FBI acknowledged the report sounded as if it were reporting on the activities of an anti-war group, but said ”such a characterization would be factually misleading.”

The agent was pursuing leads “from another source possibly establishing a link between an ongoing investigation and the group engaging in anti-war protests. Finding no such link, he terminated his surveillance,” the FBI said in a statement. "

So what's the problem? This is normal investigative activitiy. If a neo-nazie group or a KKK group and even an anti-abortion groups were protesting I would expect nothing different. Especially with the violence and destruction of property the left-wing groups have been engaged in. I WANT law enforce there to monitor for any such activity and protect my property and prevent these groups from shutting down my private lawful business.

anti-abortion groups were protesting I would expect nothing different. Especially with the violence and destruction of property the left-wing

I think you got your wings mixed up Stinger. When I was a child my teacher had me put a rock in my right hand and a leaf in my left. Rock, leaf. That helped me.:rofl

Good luck.:2wave:

KCConservative said:
Wrong again. It was your disney pal (post #5).

Good try though.

Nonsense, indeed.
If I had a penny for every time you went off topic.
Has any of your posts actually responded to the topic at hand?

cnredd said:
I didn't know Countdown took tax money...but it's definitely a waste...

They even had a story on this crappy thread...How weak can you get?...:confused:

I was referring to two different topics.

1. 15 more minutes of fame.

2. Waste of tax dollars - the FBI spying on the Thomas Merton Center.

The only thing that's crappy about this thread is the java discussion. Perhaps you would like to take those comments to another thread?

jfuh said:
If I had a penny for every time you went off topic.
Has any of your posts actually responded to the topic at hand?
Off topic? You keep harping on The ACLU being a terrorist organization. I have told you several times that I don't believe it is. Then you wanted even more clarification. Here is the question you asked, jfuh.
jfuh said:
So I answered. You're sinking, son. :sinking:

KCConservative said:
Off topic? You keep harping on The ACLU being a terrorist organization. I have told you several times that I don't believe it is. Then you wanted even more clarification. Here is the question you asked, jfuh.So I answered. You're sinking, son. :sinking:
Lies and deciet, just like that of your St. Bush.

jfuh said:
Lies and deciet, just like that of your St. Bush.
Listen up, cowboy. If you didn't want the question answered, then you shouldn't have asked it. Here it is for all to see.
jfuh said:
Go away, child.

KCConservative said:
Listen up, cowboy. If you didn't want the question answered, then you shouldn't have asked it. Here it is for all to see.Go away, child.
You really have trouble reading I see. Perhaps spectacles might help out your old man eyes?

jfuh said:
You really have trouble reading I see. Perhaps spectacles might help out your old man eyes?
Now who's off topic? Just how old am I? Since you know, then tell us.

KCConservative said:
Now who's off topic? Just how old am I? Since you know, then tell us.
Who's off topic? Would it be any surprise of what my response to that would be?
Simply, have you made any contribution to this thread at all with regards to spieing from St. Bush?
I've simply responded to your own comments.

jfuh said:
Simply, have you made any contribution to this thread at all with regards to spieing from St. Bush?
Great idea. Now that you've gotten your answer to the ACLU question, would you mind getting back on topic? It's strange getting trolling lectures from trolls.

How has Bush spied on you, j***? Tell us your personal story.

Back
Top Bottom