• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It's about time!

You mean....wait for it, he wants to give millions of dollars to a green energy company that's going to fail or is already in the process of failing? Yup, that's about it. Yay for giving away taxpayer money...maybe I need to start a green energy company.

You just made that up.
Scientific organizations (AAAS, etc) are made up of only scientists, and position statements are issued by scientists.

And I agree, follow the money. Because the amount that has been poured into combating the science is huge. The fossil fuel industries have a lot of profit to protect.

You mean campaign contributors have a lot of money they need to get back for donating to a campaign.

So as our president plans his multi 727 jet set trip to Africa he thinks of ways to make the pheasants suffer. If he would stay home the fuel saved would run every automobile in Idaho for a year and the earths temp would fall and the oceans would stop rising.:lol:

This will be nothing but meaningless speechifying by the king of fatous hot air. There is an election coming up- he won't find much support for (economy killing) jacking up the price of oil.

So as our president plans his multi 727 jet set trip to Africa he thinks of ways to make the pheasants suffer. If he would stay home the fuel saved would run every automobile in Idaho for a year and the earths temp would fall and the oceans would stop rising.:lol:

Poor birds, LMAO at myself.

This will be nothing but meaningless speechifying by the king of fatous hot air. There is an election coming up- he won't find much support for (economy killing) jacking up the price of oil.

...says a guy who doesn't know what the plan will contain.

How pathetic.

Ah, yes. When data shows the opposite of what you want to believe, you dismiss it as 'crap'.

Must be easy to live in your world, where you just ignore anything that doesn't for your beliefs.

Given the minute that elapsed between my post and your response, I can see that prejudging things without looking at them also must make life easier.

Interestingly, I just found an article about this phenomenon.

How Coherence Defines Conservatism « YourMorals.Org Moral Psychology Blog

How deniers - primarily Conservative deniers who refuse to beleive the obvious truth, do this in order to reduce the cogntive dissonance they feel when presented with information opposed to their fixed world view.

Also of interest is the finding that Conservatives are happier than Liberals, precisely because they can just ignore and explain away those things that cause incoherence in their thoughts.

Must be nice to live in that world. It resembles the one my dog lives in. She's happy all the time.

Some people just like being scared about something or other . I just dont like paying through the nose for thier fears :(

Some people like to believe in man made disasters because it gives their ignorant ideologies a sense of urgency.

Edit: Also, Haha, Three Goofs is this generation's Little Orphan Annie fan. He's going to be pissed when he finds out on Tuesday that the AGW remedy is to drink more Ovaltine.

Last edited:
Some people like to believe in man made disasters because it gives their ignorant ideologies a sense of urgency.

Edit: Also, Haha, Three Goofs is this generation's Little Orphan Annie fan. He's going to be pissed when he finds out on Tuesday that the AGW remedy is to drink more Ovaltine.

Woof, woof, jmotivator.

His poll numbers are plummeting, and his grand speech at the Brandenburg Gate last week had a 95% drop off in attendance. Russia and China are laughing at him over the NSA leaker. He’s under siege for abuse of power and McCarthy-style tactics to intimidate both the press and conservative groups. The majority of Americans now oppose the forthcoming implementation of his signature legislative proposal, Obamacare. He’s fresh off a G8 conference where he insulted Catholics and all people of faith by calling parochial education divisive and an impediment to peace. He’s about to embark on a whirlwind Africa trip that will cost upwards of $100 million while agencies deal with Sequester cuts. His Attorney General was just caught lying to Congress.

Perhaps most importantly, “hope and change” still hasn’t come to the more than 21 million Americans who are unemployed or underemployed. There are more Americans on disability today, more on food stamps and more who have outright left the workforce than at any time in generations.

Yes, full-time Nobel Peace Prize Winner and part-time President Barack Obama is desperately trying to be relevant, deflect from scandal and salvage his legacy. He has had little to say of consequence since his inauguration but he hopes that will change this week.

On Tuesday, in true Obama fashion, he will try to make us believe that he is still the golden boy. The President will give a speech full of wonderful rhetoric about how the U.S. must act now to save the world for our children from the “greatest threat” we all face. Ignoring the fact that too many of our children are in failing schools, have poor nutrition, live in substandard housing and are raised in families where their parents are out of work, the President will tackle what he firmly believes is the most pressing issue of our time – Climate Change.

Welcome to Forbes

Couldn't have put it better myself.

More importantly, how can you deny a problem exists because you can't accept the only logical solution?
Don't bother arguing it with Henrin. He thinks it's OK to crap in your front yard near the property line (the predominantly downwind side, of course) so the neighbors have to put up with your crap, too.

He also doesn't recognize that underground water mixes together so when you poison your well you're also poisoning your neighbor's well. But that's alright as long as you didn't violate his above ground property to do it. If you or your family become sick or dead because of his actions then the onus is on you to prove it was actually him that added lead to the water - even if he's the only person with lead that's ever been in the area. And even if you do prove it was him all he gets is just a financial slap on the wrist and he can go about his business. Oh well, one person's untreated waste is more money for him and the hell with everyone else. :roll:

Just got an email. It's a good thing.

Watch the right wingnuts go crazy next week. Should be entertaining.

/////////////////:/://///////////////

Threegoofs, this is huge news:

President Obama is set to announce his plan this week to address the growing threat of climate change.

We'll know more specifics on Tuesday, but it's expected he'll offer a bold, national approach to reducing carbon pollution -- and lay out a vision to lead global efforts to fight climate change.

The powerful, well-financed forces who still deny the science behind climate change aren't going to like this -- and they'll be fighting this progress every step of the way. In fact, before he's even seen the plan, House Speaker John Boehner is calling it "absolutely crazy."

That's why President Obama is calling on all of us -- anyone who believes that climate change is a threat -- to join him in taking action right now.

Thanks for helping hold climate deniers accountable -- join the President's call and add your name today:

http://my.barackobama.com/Stand-Up-Against-Climate-Change

Thanks -- more on this soon.

Jon

Jon Carson
Executive Director
Organizing for Action

----------------

Obama mocks skeptics of climate change as

Obama can kiss my ass.

The best description I'veheard about the babbling idiot from Chicago's' plan - 'all pain , no gain'.
Higher energy prices, fewer jobs and no effect on the climate.
Yep.

Hey but don't worry lefties. Europe, China and India will all follow this great man's lead!
LOL

Over a decade passes...

People are still scared of global warming.

That's because its so invisible, they never seer it, never witness it's effect. However, they hear all these horror stories almost daily!

Last edited:
That's because the science is even stronger after the last decade outside the Fox News bubble.
It's sad that I can show simple scientific evidence that some of their theories are flat out wrong, but since you don't understand the sciences involved, you stay faithful to the dogma.

It's sad that I can show simple scientific evidence that some of their theories are flat out wrong, but since you don't understand the sciences involved, you stay faithful to the dogma.

I encourage you to publish that.

Because oddly enough, the guys who actually study this stuff for a living and would be the people who fleshed out the simple science seem to be missing your genius in proving them wrong, and no one seems to have been able to do it for the last 30 years.

I'm sure they would be happy to publish a correction to say, this article
Irreversible climate change due to carbon dioxide emissions

or maybe you can publish a snappy critique to something like this:

400 PPM: What's Next for a Warming Planet: In-Depth Reports

But, of course, you are too modest, I guess, and dont want your genius to be displayed outside of a blog thread on DP. I wonder why?

LOL...

Scientific American is showing their lack of knowing science in a very obvious manner I see. Calling soot, a greenhouse gas.

LOL...

Specifically, in the case of rapid action to slow catastrophic climate change, the best alternatives appear to be: methane and black carbon (otherwise known as soot). A new economic and scientific analysis published in Science on January 13 of the benefits of cutting these two greenhouse gases finds the benefits to be manifold—from human health to increased agricultural yields.

How to Buy Time in the Fight against Climate Change: Mobilize to Stop Soot and Methane

Only you could laugh at Scientific American at the same time as pretending you have simple scientific arguments that disprove CO2 driven warming.

We are not impressed.

Only you could laugh at Scientific American at the same time as pretending you have simple scientific arguments that disprove CO2 driven warming.

We are not impressed.
Only because you don't understand my points.

My science teacher, Mr. Franklin, said that I had no future as a scientist. What a wise man he was.

That won't prevent me from posting though....

I equate climate change theory to religious theory. Religion says that we humans, right here on earth, are the only living beings in a universe that has quadrillions of planets. Climate change deniers purport that 6 billion humans eating, ****ting, farting, driving, digging, burning, mining along with their animals producing cat poop, cow poop etc. etc. have no impact on planetary climate.

To me though, I think the universe is teeming with sentient life and that humans are affecting the climate. Er, so what? What exactly are we going to do about that? Unless all humans get together and agree to stop driving, mining and eating steak, an event as likely as casual visitors from other planets, we can pass a million laws in the US and do not much more than displace our lives.

(no facts were harmed in the making of this opinion)

So the solution is to say, screw it. I can't turn this bus wheel myself, and it takes some exertion, so why bother?

Lets just drive off this cliff together!

Back
Top Bottom