• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It just keeps getting worse...

There are a lot of moronic leftists working in government. I'll stick with NASA's definition of climate and rule your definition as uninformed, unintelligent, leftist gibberish.
The Alaska State government deals in "uninformed, unintelligent, leftist gibberish"?
Okay, we'll get to NASA tomorrow. Glad to hear you accept what they say about climate change.

Because you are only taking a snapshot of time (1300 hours in this case) and you say nothing about the climate during any other period of time, the obvious answer has to be "no." Cherry picking data from a specific time period does not make wildfires more frequent.
I have never said climate would make wildfires more frequent. You do understand the difference between weather and climate, right?
Climate is nothing more than statistical averages of weather parameters over a long period of time.

It does not take a scientist to understand that if fuel (live, dead / down) component is exposed to hotter temps, lower rh%, drought conditions, and wind, year after year, and then IF an ignition occurs one can expect severe fire behavior, increased spotting potential, etc.

Now what caused the hotter temps, reduced moisture, lower Rh%, etc , year after year can be debated. What can be said for the US West is it has experienced hotter temps, less snow pack, less summer rains, for many years. The results are lower live fuel moistures, lower dead fuel moistures. That makes the fuel easier to burn once an ignition has occurred.

I have never said climate would make wildfires more frequent. You do understand the difference between weather and climate, right?
Climate is nothing more than statistical averages of weather parameters over a long period of time.

It does not take a scientist to understand that if fuel (live, dead / down) component is exposed to hotter temps, lower rh%, drought conditions, and wind, year after year, and then IF an ignition occurs one can expect severe fire behavior, increased spotting potential, etc.

Now what caused the hotter temps, reduced moisture, lower Rh%, etc , year after year can be debated. What can be said for the US West is it has experienced hotter temps, less snow pack, less summer rains, for many years. The results are lower live fuel moistures, lower dead fuel moistures. That makes the fuel easier to burn once an ignition has occurred.
You are making a lot of very wild assumptions not based on actual observation.

Droughts are very common in California, as are wildfires, and they both predate the existence of humans on the continent, but you are going to try to sell me BS about humans being the cause for ALL climate, right? Wildfires, which have nothing to do with climate, couldn't possibly occur if there are no humans to cause them, right? You leftists are all alike, so predictably ignorant and arrogant.

You are making a lot of very wild assumptions not based on actual observation.

Droughts are very common in California, as are wildfires, and they both predate the existence of humans on the continent, but you are going to try to sell me BS about humans being the cause for ALL climate, right? Wildfires, which have nothing to do with climate, couldn't possibly occur if there are no humans to cause them, right? You leftists are all alike, so predictably ignorant and arrogant.
Glitch. You are making some giant leaps about me. they are wrong.

Where did I say that humans are the cause of "All Climate"? Clue I didn't,
What you are failing to understand is basic fire behavior and how weather affects fire behavior.

Sorry , but I have been involved in fire for over 30 years. Still keep up with weather trends, fuel conditions, etc. Can you say the same?

Also I am tired of you calling me a "leftists". I am not.
Sorry you don't want to have a civil discussion. Your opinions are noted. No matter how misguided they are.

Another cause of these wildfires
A good site for Wildfire articles is Wildfire Today. The link is to one of the articles regarding the Caldor Fire in California

What the US is experiencing in wildfires can partly be attributed to drought, low relative humidity, rising temps (Global Warming).
There are other factors not associated with Global Warming that is causing the large intense wildfires.
- heavy fuel loads
- overgrown forests and brush fields
- low fuel moisture due to drought
- high wind events during the fire increasing the rate of spread and spotting.

Adding to the complexity during the wildfire is the Wildland Urban Interface.
- building in fire dependent ecosystems.
- not following FIREWISE standards.

The problem of improving forest/range health will not happen overnight. it will take decades to get things back to a more manageable situation.
One other cause of these massive fires: Asshats who use pyrotechnics for "Gender Reveal" parties.

... Asshats who use pyrotechnics for "Gender Reveal" parties.
How did that ever become a thing?

I figure there must have been a buck to be made, so marketers pushed this idea on silly people, who all bought into it at the drop of a hat.

How did that ever become a thing?

I figure there must have been a buck to be made, so marketers pushed this idea on silly people, who all bought into it at the drop of a hat.
Who knows. It's stupid, that's all i know.

Apparently handing out cigars with "It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl!" is boring *shrug*

Who knows. It's stupid, that's all i know.

Apparently handing out cigars with "It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl!" is boring *shrug*
Actually the majority don't involve fire as much as I know.

Many times it just involves cutting open a cake to find the gender or busting a pinata.

I will grant you most humans are dumb when it comes to involving fire. From deep frying turkeys in oil burners to 4th of July we have a shoddy safety record.

Back
Top Bottom