• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It is our Patriotic duty to get the vaccine!

No, Fauci 'changes his tune' as knowledge of the virus and how best to tackle it, grows. That's how science and scientists work. And yes, everyone needs to be vaccinated so that the virus has a hard time finding anyone to infect. Does this really have to be explained after over a year of experience with the disease?
So you think the virus has intelligence.
Don't get out much do you?
"Fauci was one of the leading researchers during the AIDS epidemic in the early 1980s."
Who gives a ****, doesn't mean he can't go off the rails. Remember Trump followed all his suggestions, and you lambasted him.

Who gives a ****, doesn't mean he can't go off the rails. Remember Trump followed all his suggestions, and you lambasted him.
Your grasp on the truth is tenuous at best. Dr. Fauci suggested denying the severity of the conflict? Supported giving vaccination responsibility to the states? Suggested bleach or UV light was the answer? Come on man...

What does that have to do with the here and now?
If you jump in read back for context. It was in response to a '15 minutes of fame attack'.

That changes nothing. No one remembers Fauci from nearly 40 years ago.
Speak for yourself.
I remembered him from from 40 years ago.

Of course , he looked a lot younger than...but so did I.

Speak for yourself.
I remembered him from from 40 years ago.

Of course , he looked a lot younger than...but so did I.
No you don’t remember him from the 80’s. Fauci is obviously drunk with his new claim to fame. The guy is a publicity whore.

No you don’t remember him from the 80’s. Fauci is obviously drunk with his new claim to fame. The guy is a publicity whore.
If I recall correctly he was attending an AIDS conference in San Francisco in the early 80s and I was visiting San Francisco with my Aunt who is /was a nurse and she was being presented with an award as one of the nations most dedicated nurses.

By the way..

Fauci has served under six US presidents, starting with Ronald Reagan, and in 2008 he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Last edited:
Do you think the virus cares about human motivations or feelings?
???

Is that a trick question? Or just a stupid question?

???

Is that a trick question? Or just a stupid question?
It's not a trick question.

The virus doesn't care whether Biden or Fauci or Donald Trump are hypocrites, or making political decisions. Masks are not made more or less effective by the actions or thoughts of Democrats. Vaccines don't become bad just because AOC thinks they are good.

Your choices affect other people. Your choices affect the country. Wear a mask, get a vaccine, because the facts say this is a good thing. Not feelings. Not politicians. Not lawyers. Facts.

The longer our people refuse to fight this thing properly, the longer it's going to stick around and the longer it's going to make our country weaker.

It's not a trick question.

The virus doesn't care whether Biden or Fauci or Donald Trump are hypocrites, or making political decisions. Masks are not made more or less effective by the actions or thoughts of Democrats. Vaccines don't become bad just because AOC thinks they are good.

Your choices affect other people. Your choices affect the country. Wear a mask, get a vaccine, because the facts say this is a good thing. Not feelings. Not politicians. Not lawyers. Facts.

The longer our people refuse to fight this thing properly, the longer it's going to stick around and the longer it's going to make our country weaker.
You should have just said this to begin with.

I agree, though I think you are being a little hyperbolic.

Whether "I" choose to wear a mask or not...get vaccinated or not...my choices doesn't affect "the country". It only affects those few around me.

btw, for the record, I am fully vaccinated and I wear a mask when around other people.

You should have just said this to begin with.

I agree, though I think you are being a little hyperbolic.

Whether "I" choose to wear a mask or not...get vaccinated or not...my choices doesn't affect "the country". It only affects those few around me.

btw, for the record, I am fully vaccinated and I wear a mask when around other people.

It affects those around you which affects those around them which affects those around them etc etc.

Yeah, that's how a pandemic works. It does affect the country.

Millions of Trumpers are refusing to get a Trump-approved vaccine because basically Democrats exist. Our country is going to be seriously hurt by this. It kills our people and saps our resources. Who benefits from that? Other than China, I mean.

It affects those around you which affects those around them which affects those around them etc etc.

Yeah, that's how a pandemic works. It does affect the country.

Millions of Trumpers are refusing to get a Trump-approved vaccine because basically Democrats exist. Our country is going to be seriously hurt by this. It kills our people and saps our resources. Who benefits from that? Other than China, I mean.
Oh...there you go with your broad brush again.

I tire of jousting with this kind of nonsense.

You are dismissed.

If I recall correctly he was attending an AIDS conference in San Francisco in the early 80s and I was visiting San Francisco with my Aunt who is /was a nurse and she was being presented with an award as one of the nations most dedicated nurses.

By the way..

Fauci has served under six US presidents, starting with Ronald Reagan, and in 2008 he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
That just demonstrates that it's been time for him to retire for quite some time.

That just demonstrates that it's been time for him to retire for quite some time.
Actually, as I am thinking about it ,it may have been the late 80s or early 90s when I saw him in San Francisco.

As for thinking Dr. Fauci should be retired those are your thoughts, not mine.

Many people who are still in good health choose not to retire by age 62 or 65 , others may choose to take an early retirement.

From

If one individual can be singled out who epitomizes the benefits of a policy of
supporting basic biomedical research and its links to clinical medicine then surely that person is Tony Fauci

Last edited:

Trump did nothing of the kind; he did everything in his power to minimise the severity of the disease whenever the opportunity arose-because his 'numbers' might look bad. Then the idiot sidelined Fauci in favour of a Trump-friendly ignoramus.

Your grasp on the truth is tenuous at best. Dr. Fauci suggested denying the severity of the conflict? Supported giving vaccination responsibility to the states? Suggested bleach or UV light was the answer? Come on man...
Early on when Trump imposed travel bans, that was Fauci. Pushing for more PPE, was Fauci. Fauci even said Trump listened to him on TV. Try to keep up. I said he followed his suggestions, I didn't say that he didn't do more things, or chose to think for himself. He was the President, not Fauci. You worship of Fauci is laughable. Do you have a photo of him hanging over your bed; I'll bet you do. BTW, all your friends like Pelosi downplayed the virus. Fauci has always been wishy-washy.

Fauci said, “Obviously, you need to take it seriously and do the kind of things the (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) and the Department of Homeland Security is doing. But this is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States right now should be worried about.”

Early on when Trump imposed travel bans, that was Fauci. Pushing for more PPE, was Fauci. Fauci even said Trump listened to him on TV. Try to keep up. I said he followed his suggestions, I didn't say that he didn't do more things, or chose to think for himself. He was the President, not Fauci. You worship of Fauci is laughable. Do you have a photo of him hanging over your bed; I'll bet you do. BTW, all your friends like Pelosi downplayed the virus. Fauci has always been wishy-washy.

Nobody but Trump has expressed anything of the sort. Your idiot-in-chief too every opportunity to downplay the disease because big numbers of infections looked 'bad' for his election prospects. Fauci has more smarts than Trump could even begin to imagine. "Fifteen days...like magic, it will be gone". Who said that, Fauci or Trump? Face it, you elected an incompetent and self-serving prick in Trump who cared for nothing and nobody but himself and his grotesquely overinflated ego; and of course he listened to Fauci. Whether or not he acted on Fauci's advice and counsel is another matter entirely. "I said to my people, slow down the testing!" because it would reveal more cases which might negatively affect his election chances...he needn't have worried; his incompetence ensured he lost.

Last edited:
Nobody but Trump has expressed anything of the sort. Your idiot-in-chief too every opportunity to downplay the disease because big numbers of infections looked 'bad' for his election prospects. Fauci has more smarts than Trump could even begin to imagine. "Fifteen days...like magic, it will be gone". Who said that, Fauci or Trump? Face it, you elected an incompetent and self-serving prick in Trump who cared for nothing and nobody but himself and his grotesquely overinflated ego; and of course he listened to Fauci. Whether or not he acted on Fauci's advice and counsel is another matter entirely. "I said to my people, slow down the testing!"
He saw fools fighting over toilet paper, and figured it best not to panic the population. He never told anyone not to take precautions. Slowing down the testing because they didn't have enough tests, and many were flawed. Your president doesn't even know what planet he's on. And Hyena Harris can't even do the one job she was assigned.

He saw fools fighting over toilet paper, and figured it best not to panic the population. He never told anyone not to take precautions. Your president doesn't even know what planet he's on. And Hyena Harris can't even do the one job she was assigned.
No other country panicked, so what makes Americans so uniquely terrified? He may not have told anyone not to take precautions, but did he lead by example? No, he did not. Nobody at his 'rallies' wore a mask because Trump couldn't be bothered to. Biden isn't my president; the clue is in the word 'England', over there <

No other country panicked, so what makes Americans so uniquely terrified? He may not have told anyone not to take precautions, but did he lead by example? No, he did not. Nobody at his 'rallies' wore a mask because Trump couldn't be bothered to. Biden isn't my president; the clue is in the word 'England', over there <
No other countries has Democrats.

Of course some other countries took MEASURED responses to Covid, and didn't get stupid like we did. There is no evidence supporting lockdowns as successful.

No other countries has Democrats.

Of course some other countries took MEASURED responses to Covid, and didn't get stupid like we did. There is no evidence supporting lockdowns as successful.
No evidence? Have you seen our numbers recently?
Then there's Southeast Asia's amazing success in combating the disease. What's their secret? No secret; they adhered strictly to both lockdown restrictions and mask wearing.

You should read the entire statement.
"Bannon said, "Fauci told us there’s nothing to worry about. That’s his quote, ‘There’s nothing to worry about.’" Fauci did say twice in late January, when there was one reported covid-19 case in the U.S., that American shouldn’t worry about the virus. But Bannon omits an important detail: Both times, Fauci added that the situation could change."

Funny how scientists work, you should learn about it.

Back
Top Bottom