• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

It appears things are slowly getting back to normal

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Took a flight last week and attended a concert in North Dakota. Did some traveling in Sioux Falls as well.

I have been heading the gym a lot more lately, about 3 times a week. Nice seeing people getting exercise.

Headed to a restaurant tomorrow with a group of people. Slowly we are getting back to normal. I do my best with social distancing but at some point we have to live our lives.

Took a flight last week and attended a concert in North Dakota. Did some traveling in Sioux Falls as well.

I have been heading the gym a lot more lately, about 3 times a week. Nice seeing people getting exercise.

Headed to a restaurant tomorrow with a group of people. Slowly we are getting back to normal. I do my best with social distancing but at some point we have to live our lives.

Ask Herman Cain how he’s feeling after “living his life”.

I guess it depends on where you are and the rate of infection there.

I was stuck in commuter traffic last night. Didn't mind a bit.....felt almost normal. First time in a long time. Used to bitch and moan and avoid it like the plague. Had a grin on my face all the way home.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I was stuck in commuter traffic last night. Didn't mind a bit.....felt almost normal. First time in a long time. Used to bitch and moan and avoid it like the plague. Had a grin on my face all the way home.

It is normal somewhat but depressing so many people going through pain.

It appears things are slowly getting back to normal

Normal will never be the "normal" we knew.

But, no, 1000 AmeriCANs are dying every day now; I hope to God that isn't "normal". Trying to act normal, pretending that we can go about our business as we used to do is only going to make things worse and make the misery last longer. IMHO.

"These are times that try men's souls". Dear "God Bless America"

I went to rock concert. Quite cool. It was packed.

Herman Cain went to a rally. It was quite cool to him. It was packed. Go ahead and ask him how it was.

Won't fly, exercise at home, and no way I let anyone spit on anything I consume. IOW. stuff the nonsense.

Well, if "normal" means a 1000+ deaths a day from the worst health crisis in decades, then sure, we're normal AF.

things are slowly getting back to normal like everything is going to probably be shut down again until we can effectively address this crisis. so, basically, no. however, idiots can walk into Walmart and scream at masked people until they are dragged out. i guess that might be enough for them momentarily.

So far from normal and getting worse.

So far from normal and getting worse.

just like i would say for the rest of the militants, i hope that he lives through it and doesn't spread it.

It's always nice when someone comes along and tries to blow some smoke up my butt and tell me everything is wonderful.

Normal will never be the "normal" we knew.

But, no, 1000 AmeriCANs are dying every day now; I hope to God that isn't "normal". Trying to act normal, pretending that we can go about our business as we used to do is only going to make things worse and make the misery last longer. IMHO.

"These are times that try men's souls". Dear "God Bless America"
8000 people die in the US. What is not normal is that people are dying alone without their families, morning alone. What is not normal is the panic and fear that is fanned daily.
I came home last night and drove past the little league field; hundreds of people watching the game. I smiled. Awesome. Can't wait to get stuck behind a school bus....

I will do the smart thing

I do my workouts at home, I cook most of my own food lately, I video chat with my friends on a regular basis, I work from home (I did before this all got started anyway), and I avoid the stores where stupider people tend to go (walmart, home improvement stores, etc) when possible (I have to pay more for some stuff, but oh well).

I will continue to do this until a vaccine is shown as safe and effective.

8000 people die in the US. What is not normal is that people are dying alone without their families, morning alone. What is not normal is the panic and fear that is fanned daily.
I came home last night and drove past the little league field; hundreds of people watching the game. I smiled. Awesome. Can't wait to get stuck behind a school bus....

Where are you from? 161,000 people have died from COVID in the US. Large gatherings of people is whats exacerbating and extending the duration of this crisis. For the first time ... ever ... and American passport is ... worthless. We have mismanaged COVID here to the point no responsible nation wants us. This is a serious cantagion, it's not going away like magic, a vacine isn't happening soon, we really have to start acting responsibly no matter how irresponsible our president insists on being.

Where are you from? 161,000 people have died from COVID in the US. Large gatherings of people is whats exacerbating and extending the duration of this crisis. For the first time ... ever ... and American passport is ... worthless. We have mismanaged COVID here to the point no responsible nation wants us. This is a serious cantagion, it's not going away like magic, a vacine isn't happening soon, we really have to start acting responsibly no matter how irresponsible our president insists on being.
Nearly 3 million die every year; 200 k from alzheimers and diabetes another 200k from respiratory diseases another 650k in heart disease. If you are among this million and you test positive with Covid19 yours is a Covid19 death.

I hope Dr Scott Atlas starts doing the Covid19 briefings in the afternoons with the president.

I hate to be the one breaking it to you.....you are going to die.

Nearly 3 million die every year; 200 k from alzheimers and diabetes another 200k from respiratory diseases another 650k in heart disease. If you are among this million and you test positive with Covid19 yours is a Covid19 death.

I hope Dr Scott Atlas starts doing the Covid19 briefings in the afternoons with the president.

I hate to be the one breaking it to you.....you are going to die.

I know the incongruity of your two posts escapes you but, in the first you (feign) compassion for vitems dying alone and family members greiving alone. Where in the second it's basically a dog eat dog eat **** and die attitude.

But the truth is MANY maybe as many as Half or MORE COVID deaths could have and could still be avoided IF we had proper leadership, a united plan and a citzenry on board and working to prevent them. I've recently had the "death" talk with my Grandson; part of that was everybody dies sooner or later so live life fully. BUT! Don't live life stupid. Yes, we all die but don't be the dumb ass that dies because you were irresponsible. Only and ass hole like Donald tRump could live with himself after the way he's handled this pandemic; many deaths are a direct result of HIS irresponsibility.<--PERIOD

I know the incongruity of your two posts escapes you but, in the first you (feign) compassion for vitems dying alone and family members greiving alone. Where in the second it's basically a dog eat dog eat **** and die attitude.

But the truth is MANY maybe as many as Half or MORE COVID deaths could have and could still be avoided IF we had proper leadership, a united plan and a citzenry on board and working to prevent them. I've recently had the "death" talk with my Grandson; part of that was everybody dies sooner or later so live life fully. BUT! Don't live life stupid. Yes, we all die but don't be the dumb ass that dies because you were irresponsible. Only and ass hole like Donald tRump could live with himself after the way he's handled this pandemic; many deaths are a direct result of HIS irresponsibility.<--PERIOD
If you are vulnerable and expose yourself to someone with nonsymptomatic Covid19, who was irresponsible? If you have vulnerable people in your care and you expose them to Covid19, who was irresponsible?

We collectively (Trump) successfully flattened the curve (months ago) a possible achievement. Preventing death not possible and really the point of the new goal posts.

If you are vulnerable and expose yourself to someone with nonsymptomatic Covid19, who was irresponsible? If you have vulnerable people in your care and you expose them to Covid19, who was irresponsible?

We collectively (Trump) successfully flattened the curve (months ago) a possible achievement. Preventing death not possible and really the point of the new goal posts.

You're Changing the argument. The point is lack of leadership and it's exacerbation of COVID cases and deaths. "tRUMP", fought tooth and nail against Medical Leadership ALL ALONG and STILL IS!

Covid cases.jpg

Nope, no flat curve after March when the virus really got going; it was in January and February where we (tRUMP) did NOTHING that we (tRump) really blew it, but ALL ALONG the way tRump (the US) has been leading in the wrong direction.

(Your last sentence is incomplete and *unintelligible.)

You're Changing the argument. The point is lack of leadership and it's exacerbation of COVID cases and deaths. "tRUMP", fought tooth and nail against Medical Leadership ALL ALONG and STILL IS!

View attachment 67291788

Nope, no flat curve after March when the virus really got going; it was in January and February where we (tRUMP) did NOTHING that we (tRump) really blew it, but ALL ALONG the way tRump (the US) has been leading in the wrong direction.

(Your last sentence is incomplete and *unintelligible.)
I didn't change the argument. It was changed from flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals as they were with H1N1 to preventing death.

Are Covid19 patients overwhelming hospitals? Does anyone needing a ventilator going without? The answer to both questions is an emphatic no.

Truthful, could we have shut down the country in February?

I attended a convention in the middle of March, literally visited Disney Springs the night before the shutdown. Last day of normal. No way in hell, Americans would have accepted that in February. I still question it now.

What was the legislature doing in the days you believe Trump should have acted? I recall it being all about impeachment and as Trump acted xenophobia.

I didn't change the argument. It was changed from flattening the curve to not overwhelm hospitals as they were with H1N1 to preventing death.

Are Covid19 patients overwhelming hospitals? Does anyone needing a ventilator going without? The answer to both questions is an emphatic no.

Truthful, could we have shut down the country in February?

I attended a convention in the middle of March, literally visited Disney Springs the night before the shutdown. Last day of normal. No way in hell, Americans would have accepted that in February. I still question it now.

What was the legislature doing in the days you believe Trump should have acted? I recall it being all about impeachment and as Trump acted xenophobia.

You've "tried" to change the argument with every post:

You've gone from "happily (opening the economy) sitting behind a school bus, to "you're going to die - get over it", to "flatening the curve" and now H1N1. :doh

Depending on where you are there is emphatically, yes, a very real concern about Intenseive Care Space and Ventliator availability.

IF tRump would have taken the virus seriously, joined with top medical advice and developed a plan - gotten ALL AmeriCANs on board and most of all set an example, in February we man not have ever had to shut down. Had tRump taken it seriously the legislature wouldn't have had to do anything but support him. The "impeachment" was over by then.

I will do the smart thing

I do my workouts at home, I cook most of my own food lately, I video chat with my friends on a regular basis, I work from home (I did before this all got started anyway), and I avoid the stores where stupider people tend to go (walmart, home improvement stores, etc) when possible (I have to pay more for some stuff, but oh well).

I will continue to do this until a vaccine is shown as safe and effective.
“Stupider people” go to Walmart and home improvement stores? Not the smartest thing to say, considering a great many people social distanced and wore masks when shopping at Walmart and home improvement stores before it became mandatory.

“Stupider people” go to Walmart and home improvement stores? Not the smartest thing to say, considering a great many people social distanced and wore masks when shopping at Walmart and home improvement stores before it became mandatory.

Not my local ones, its just full of people who aren't paying attention to anything beyond themselves.

Back
Top Bottom