• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Issa: Lew Obstructing IRS Investigation

So you accept the evasive and obstructive answers given by Jack Lew on a TV interview, just as Susan Rice told us that the attack in Benghazi was because of an obscure video no one ever saw or heard of?

Well, yeaaaah and if you had been paying attention you'd know why Susan Rice said that and why Lew seemed evasive.

So when is Rep. Chavetz going to be indicted for leaking classified information on Cspan?

Well, yeaaaah and if you had been paying attention you'd know why Susan Rice said that and why Lew seemed evasive.

So when is Rep. Chavetz going to be indicted for leaking classified information on Cspan?

We're discussing Lew and Rice. Why can't you remain on the subject at hand? Is it because you can't justify the lies and obfuscation to the American people. Why do you accept and condone this blatant criminal hypocrisy of government?

We're discussing Lew and Rice. Why can't you remain on the subject at hand? Is it because you can't justify the lies and obfuscation to the American people. Why do you accept and condone this blatant criminal hypocrisy of government?

The subject is Issa and his clear attempt to deflect attention from the coming investigation of obstruction of justice charges which will be brought against him and Russell from preparing a false report.

This is going to be beautiful.

lol ur funny. YOU were discussing Lew and Rice because you probably forgot what thread you were on. However, it did lead to my mentioning Rep. Chavetz's outing a CIA location, which might explain why Republicans can't be trusted with classified information. Hence, all the black outs on the IRS documents.

The subject is Issa and his clear attempt to deflect attention from the coming investigation of obstruction of justice charges which will be brought against him and Russell from preparing a false report.

And who is going to bring these charges? Holder? Obama? the very people the investigations are all about. So tell us all, when will these monumental charges be filed?

I'd say that using the same actual picture of myself everywhere is pretty stupid too. Takes the "assuming" right out of the equation. But you go right on with your bad self insisting otherwise. ;)

Problem is that all you have is an unfounded opinion/hopeful desire and yours are generally worth spit and unsupported. As a review of this topic at DP reveals (which will come as a surprise to nobody) you started out on day one claiming that the story was not real, Obama is not involved and here we are months later and your "opinion" remains as un-evolved as your opinion has been on the major source of your constant idiotic videos, MMA. Since you don't have a clue what evidence there is, it all comes back to rabid partisan fervor. You don't grasp that you provide constant examples that help with understanding the crypto-religous mentality of the left. :shock:

Since this is a debate site, your opinion which is biased and constantly at odds with reality and the facts available to the public, means nothing. So do get back to me when you can actually address the topic instead of trolling it and you actually have something of substance to validate your so called "opinion". :roll:

I have not been a member of several dozen forums, you are either lying or delusional.

My opinion is what is. After all this time, there has been no evidence linking President Obama with the IRS controversy. NOTHING! I know it sucks for you, but that's the way it is.:mrgreen:

And who is going to bring these charges? Holder? Obama? the very people the investigations are all about. So tell us all, when will these monumental charges be filed?

The Senate is ultimately going to investigate Issa's and Russell's conspiracy.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to see Issa do the perp walk (of course with his arrest record for car theft and arson, it won't be the first time)

lol ur funny. YOU were discussing Lew and Rice because you probably forgot what thread you were on. However, it did lead to my mentioning Rep. Chavetz's outing a CIA location, which might explain why Republicans can't be trusted with classified information. Hence, all the black outs on the IRS documents.

Perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem. The title of this post is "Lew Obstructing IRS Investigation", I interjected Susan Rice as another example of the lies and obfuscation pandered by the appointees of this president.

Do you mean?
Republicans Reveal Location Of Secret CIA Base During House Hearing On Libya Attacks

By Ben Armbruster on October 11, 2012 at 10:28 am
Republicans Reveal Location Of Secret CIA Base During House Hearing On Libya Attacks | ThinkProgress

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank caught an interesting tidbit from yesterday’s House hearing on the attacks on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya last month. The GOP — having spent months railing against the Obama administration for allegedly leaking classified information — yesterday revealed classified information. “When House Republicans called a hearing in the middle of their long recess, you knew it would be something big,” Milbank reports today, “and indeed it was: They accidentally blew the CIA’s cover.”
Accompanying the State Department officials’ testimony was an areal photo of the U.S. facilities in Benghazi, which one of the officials said was “entirely unclassified.” That is until Rep. Jason Chaffez (R-UT) interrupted testimony to point out that the photo contained secret information. Milbank explains:
In their questioning and in the public testimony they invited, the lawmakers managed to disclose, without ever mentioning Langley directly, that there was a seven-member “rapid response force” in the compound [in Benghazi] the State Department was calling an annex. One of the State Department security officials was forced to acknowledge that “not necessarily all of the security people” at the Benghazi compounds “fell under my direct operational control.”

And whose control might they have fallen under? Well, presumably it’s the “other government agency” or “other government entity” the lawmakers and witnesses referred to; Issa informed the public that this agency was not the FBI.

You would have to be living in a very simple world to believe that. Why would retired Seals and Spec Ops people be in a separate part of Benghazi near to the "Consulate"? Of course the facility was a CIA location operating a "secret operation". They were shipping weapons to Syria under the guise of collecting man pads left in Libya. If you thought that was a secret it's only because you are naïve. If anything it's been a long time in making your so called arrests in the matter.

lol ur funny. You were discussing lew and rice because you probably forgot what thread you were on. However, it did lead to my mentioning rep. Chavetz's outing a cia location, which might explain why republicans can't be trusted with classified information. Hence, all the black outs on the irs documents.
iokiyar

You'd like to make it all about Rep. Issa. The fact and sad truth is that is all about the criminal ethics, lies, perjury and incompetency of this administration the those appointed by Obama.

The Senate is ultimately going to investigate Issa's and Russell's conspiracy.

It's going to be a beautiful thing to see Issa do the perp walk (of course with his arrest record for car theft and arson, it won't be the first time)

You funny, Skippy. Now get to the facts not wishful thinking.

You'd like to make it all about Rep. Issa. The fact and sad truth is that is all about the criminal ethics, lies, perjury and incompetency of this administration the those appointed by Obama.

It's also about Issa saying he was going to hold a lot of hearings before there was anything to hold hearings about. That kind of partisanship alone discredits his hearings as little more than political witch hunts. Heaven forbid they should actually govern.

I want seven hearings a week, times 40 weeks,” Issa said.

Issa is also targeting some ambitious up-and-comers like Reps. Jason Chaffetz of Utah, Patrick McHenry of North Carolina and Jim Jordan of Ohio — all aggressive partisans — to chair some of his subcommittees.

He also wants to organize aggressive oversight beyond his committee and plans to refer inquiries to other House panels, drawing even more incoming GOP chairmen to the cause of investigating the executive branch....

Read more: Darrell Issa plans hundreds of hearings - Jake Sherman and Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

It's also about Issa saying he was going to hold a lot of hearings before there was anything to hold hearings about. That kind of partisanship alone discredits his hearings as little more than political witch hunts. Heaven forbid they should actually govern.

I want seven hearings a week, times 40 weeks,” Issa said.

Issa is also targeting some ambitious up-and-comers like Reps. Jason Chaffetz of Utah, Patrick McHenry of North Carolina and Jim Jordan of Ohio — all aggressive partisans — to chair some of his subcommittees.

He also wants to organize aggressive oversight beyond his committee and plans to refer inquiries to other House panels, drawing even more incoming GOP chairmen to the cause of investigating the executive branch....

Read more: Darrell Issa plans hundreds of hearings - Jake Sherman and Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

"To give an idea of how expansive Issa’s oversight plans are, look at the record of Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) when he chaired the oversight committee during in the 110th Congress during George W. Bush’s presidency. Waxman held 203 oversight hearings in two years; Issa has signaled he’s prepared to hold about 280 in just one year".

Read more:
Darrell Issa plans hundreds of hearings - Jake Sherman and Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

Issa has yet to surpass Waxman's record. In any case, unlike Waxman, Issa will not be investigating Baseball steroid dopers.

"To give an idea of how expansive Issa’s oversight plans are, look at the record of Rep. Henry Waxman (D-Calif.) when he chaired the oversight committee during in the 110th Congress during George W. Bush’s presidency. Waxman held 203 oversight hearings in two years; Issa has signaled he’s prepared to hold about 280 in just one year".

Read more:
Darrell Issa plans hundreds of hearings - Jake Sherman and Richard E. Cohen - POLITICO.com

Issa has yet to surpass Waxman's record. In any case, unlike Waxman, Issa will not be investigating Baseball steroid dopers.

Yeah, I thought that was stupid, too.

Perhaps you have a reading comprehension problem. The title of this post is "Lew Obstructing IRS Investigation", I interjected Susan Rice as another example of the lies and obfuscation pandered by the appointees of this president.

Do you mean?
Republicans Reveal Location Of Secret CIA Base During House Hearing On Libya Attacks

By Ben Armbruster on October 11, 2012 at 10:28 am
Republicans Reveal Location Of Secret CIA Base During House Hearing On Libya Attacks | ThinkProgress

Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA)
The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank caught an interesting tidbit from yesterday’s House hearing on the attacks on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya last month. The GOP — having spent months railing against the Obama administration for allegedly leaking classified information — yesterday revealed classified information. “When House Republicans called a hearing in the middle of their long recess, you knew it would be something big,” Milbank reports today, “and indeed it was: They accidentally blew the CIA’s cover.”
Accompanying the State Department officials’ testimony was an areal photo of the U.S. facilities in Benghazi, which one of the officials said was “entirely unclassified.” That is until Rep. Jason Chaffez (R-UT) interrupted testimony to point out that the photo contained secret information. Milbank explains:
In their questioning and in the public testimony they invited, the lawmakers managed to disclose, without ever mentioning Langley directly, that there was a seven-member “rapid response force” in the compound [in Benghazi] the State Department was calling an annex. One of the State Department security officials was forced to acknowledge that “not necessarily all of the security people” at the Benghazi compounds “fell under my direct operational control.”

And whose control might they have fallen under? Well, presumably it’s the “other government agency” or “other government entity” the lawmakers and witnesses referred to; Issa informed the public that this agency was not the FBI.

You would have to be living in a very simple world to believe that. Why would retired Seals and Spec Ops people be in a separate part of Benghazi near to the "Consulate"? Of course the facility was a CIA location operating a "secret operation". They were shipping weapons to Syria under the guise of collecting man pads left in Libya. If you thought that was a secret it's only because you are naïve. If anything it's been a long time in making your so called arrests in the matter.
Yes, that is what i mean. So why couldn't Issa say what the "other" agency was?

Retired Seals and Spec Op often hire out as private security and body guards. No big mystery there.

The US consolate was in Tripoli, not Benghazi. Thats why the state department didn't want the CIA "annex" called a consolate.

Shipping weapons out of Libya to Syria doesn't negate that it was a CIA operation to secure an area of the city of Benghazi. Until the area was secure the state department could not locate a consolate there. But they want to because Benghazi is closer to the oil fields than Tripoli is.

Last edited:
Yes, that is what i mean. So why couldn't Issa say what the "other" agency was?

Retired Seals and Spec Op often hire out as private security and body guards. No big mystery there.

The US consolate was in Tripoli, not Benghazi. Thats why the state department didn't want the CIA "annex" called a consolate.

Shipping weapons out of Libya to Syria doesn't negate that it was a CIA operation to secure an area of the city of Benghazi. Until the area was secure the state department could not locate a consolate there. But they want to because Benghazi is closer to the oil fields than Tripoli is.

Are you now claiming that these guys are mercenaries, or working for Blackwater? From what I understand retired Spec ops normally work for government approved agencies. In this case they worked for the CIA. The two buildings were separate and apart as was the operation. Although I know from personal experience that the CIA works with and through the State Dept., Embassies. Every U.S. agency has at least two CIA operatives working there. That's no big secret.

Last edited:
Are you now claiming that these guys are mercenaries, or working for Blackwater? From what I understand retired Spec ops normally work for government approved agencies. In this case they worked for the CIA. The two buildings were separate and apart as was the operation. Although I know from personal experience that the CIA works with and through the State Dept., Embassies. Every U.S. agency has at least two CIA operatives working there. That's no big secret.
No, thats not what I'm claiming nor what I said....

"Retired Seals and Spec Op often hire out as private security and body guards. No big mystery there."

The two locations were both CIA. One was an operations center and the other was an annex or compound where they could eat, sleep, and hold meetings. I too am aware that CIA and the State Dept often work together. Thats why I keep repeating that Amb. Stevens was providing diplomatic cover for the CIA.

Haven't you heard? It's against the law to obstruct or commit perjury during a Congressional investigative committee.

It is not obstruction when you do not have the evidence to support the investigator's delusions. It is not obstruction when the evidence you have contradicts what the investigator wishes the story was.

Obviously you were blind to the pages of completely blacked out information.

OMG! YOU CAN READ THRU BLACK OUTS! OH NO! OBAMA IS TOAST! NO WAY HE SURVIVES THIS SCANDAL (again)! OMG!

OMG! YOU CAN READ THRU BLACK OUTS! OH NO! OBAMA IS TOAST! NO WAY HE SURVIVES THIS SCANDAL (again)! OMG!

With Wehrwolfen and his far right comrades against him, Obama is toast.

Of course in 2017 he will be replaced in the White House by another Democrat.

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

You funny, Skippy.
Now get to the facts not wishful thinking.[
/QUOTE]

The hard, cold facts are that by about 2043 the GOP will be reduced to a minor, regional, party by the massive demographic change which is hitting it like a tidal wave right now. Buhbye GOP.

Have a nice day as we watch the GOP fade away.

Don't think so?

Wait and see.

"What goes around, comes around"

"Better days are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Last edited:
That was awhile ago and back then we thought only conservative groups were targeted, but now we know progressive groups were targeted as well. It's been at least two months and there is no credible evidence that the White House was involved. Yes, I agree with President Obama, this is a phony scandal. Oh yes, you don't think Issa isn't a liar:

ISSA: The whole transcript will be put out. We understand -- these are in real time. And the administration is still -- they're [sic] paid liar, their spokesperson, picture behind, he's still making up things about what happens in calling this local rogue. There's no indication -- the reason the Lois Lerner tried to take the fifth is not because there is a rogue in Cincinnati, it's because this is a problem that was coordinated in all likelihood right out of Washington headquarters and we're getting to proving it.

[...]

ISSA: My gut tells me that too many people knew that this wrongdoing was going on before the election. And at least by some sort of convenient benign neglect, allowed it to go on through the election, allowed these groups, these conservative groups, these, if you will, not friends of the president, to be disenfranchised through an election.

Now, I'm not making any allegations as to motive, that they set out to do it. But certainly people knew it was happening that could have done something and would have done something, I'm sure, if these had been progressive groups or groups that supported the president. That's what I think we know. [CNN.com, 6/2/13]

7-30-13-irs-targeting-statistics-of-files-produced-by-irs-through-july-29-2-_wide-4a94ba3402b5f5.jpg

you call that liberal group targeting? it is more like coincidence.
nice attempt looks like you have ran out of tricks.
first it was just a few rouge agents from Cincinnati, and when that didn't work it was a republican line agent whos idea it was to do the targeting, and Cummings calling the investigation over, and that did not work. now we are at Liberal groups got targeted also and that is not working.
i wonder what new trick will be used next? will it be the "Its Bush Fault" or the "Race card"?

Last edited:
[/B]

With Wehrwolfen and his far right comrades against him, Obama is toast.

Of course in 2017 he will be replaced in the White House by another Democrat.

and her eight years will be one scandal after another and she'll never finish her eight years either ...

but here's the part that gets me ... they want back in, so what do they do? they declare war against the youngest and fastest growing demographic groups in the U.S. ...

PAUL/CRUZ 2016PARTY OVER COUNTRY!

and her eight years will be one scandal after another and she'll never finish her eight years either .

but here's the part that gets me ... they want back in, so what do they do? they declare war against the youngest and fastest growing demographic groups in the U.S. ...

PAUL/CRUZ 2016PARTY OVER COUNTRY!

:lamoGet back with us in 2043 and tell us all about it.

It is not obstruction when you do not have the evidence to support the investigator's delusions. It is not obstruction when the evidence you have contradicts what the investigator wishes the story was.

Obstruction is when questioned under oath, evasive and blatant lies are in response to those questions. Are you saying that the responses to the Congressional investigative committees has been truthful?

Back
Top Bottom