• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Is Zimmerman brave, subborn or stupid? [W: 218] (1 Viewer)

And if you would be willing to trust your life to the prosecution's lab, and expert witnesses, go ahead.
Zimmerman and his attorney may not as is their right(if they can afford it.)
Just because Zimmerman is telling the truth, does not mean the prosecution will not try to paint a different
picture.

And if you would be willing to trust your life to the prosecution's lab, and expert witnesses, go ahead.
Zimmerman and his attorney may not as is their right(if they can afford it.)
Just because Zimmerman is telling the truth, does not mean the prosecution will not try to paint a different
picture.

I would love to see Omara try to impeach all the investigations and lab reports.

GZ is not telling the truth which is why Omara is trying to keep some of GZ's statements out of the trial.

Anytime someone needs to spend tens of thou$ands and a whole freaking year to tell what happened in an 8 minute period............

I would love to see Omara try to impeach all the investigations and lab reports.

GZ is not telling the truth which is why Omara is trying to keep some of GZ's statements out of the trial.

Anytime someone needs to spend tens of thou$ands and a whole freaking year to tell what happened in an 8 minute period............
At least you agree it will be difficult for Zimmerman to tell his side of the story.
So why is the Judge trying to limit his ability to do so?

At least you agree it will be difficult for Zimmerman to tell his side of the story.
So why is the Judge trying to limit his ability to do so?

I'm not saying it will be difficult for him to tell his side of the story. I'm saying it is only difficult when you fabricate a story and try to make it fit the known evidence.

The judge hasn't made it hard on him at all.....you guys are just like GZ....always someone else's fault.

Im disappointed you would pass on misinformation as well as ignore GZ's own recorded words. His bond amount has not affected his defense because Omara said from the beginning he would do the case pro bono.

I hadn't read that, although it is hard for me to believe that his attorney will spend a few million on his defense out of his own pocket. Expert witnesses...re-interviewing witnesses...vetting them...looking for new ones is expensive. With the state? Money is no object. With O'Mara? Again, notsomuch.

I hadn't read that, although it is hard for me to believe that his attorney will spend a few million on his defense out of his own pocket. Expert witnesses...re-interviewing witnesses...vetting them...looking for new ones is expensive. With the state? Money is no object. With O'Mara? Again, notsomuch.

There is a scenario on the treehouse about how O'Mara would get $400 and hour from the state and another $200 from George. I didn't quite understand it.

Is he brave? Stubborn? Stupid? Wrong place at the wrong time? Right place a the right time? All of those?

He's just not guilty under the law. Period

The being brave, stubborn or stupid won't be a decisive factor

George Zimmerman won't play by the rules for poor average defendants. He's supposed to be sitting in jail waiting to hear from his public defender. He's supposed to refuse to talk to anyone because what a person is arrested they should know they lost their free speech rights in realistic terms. And the public defender brings the next offer of a plea deal which, of course, he is supposed to accept as the public defender explains if not he might get the maximum - which in GZ's case is life in prison.

And if he doesn't take the deal, he probably would as the public defender yawned his way through trial figuring a life sentence for him would help convince other "clients" to take the deal. Any guy in his situation - regardless of what happened - really on has 2 choices: Take a deal of 10 years after 1 year in jail, 5 years in, 4 more probation, plus all the lost rights of a felon OR go to trial and get a life sentence. "Not guilty" never even an option.

But George Zimmerman has some illusion that because he believes he is not guilty, he should say so in court and he believes if people talk bad about him then he should tell his side again.

So instead, George Zimmerman just keeps talking. Over and over he talked to the police. He let the police video him telling his story over and over. In the interrogation room. Even at the scene on video. On national television. On You Tube.

This is the ultimate David and Goliath battle. George Zimmerman is a nobody, an average guy. Not very educated. Not particularly smart. Certainly not perfect. Lived hand to mouth. A nobody with nothing.

Against him? Well at least at the start... NBC, ABC, MSNBC, CNN, CBS, New York Times and NY Post, LA Times, basically all national press, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, the entire Democratic Congressional delegation, President Obama, The United Stated Department of Justice, The FBI, Jeb Bush, The Republican Governor of Florida, The Attorney General of Florida, The local City Council, The Black Panthers... the list is almost endless.

Yet George just keeps on telling his story over and over and over. One little nobody nothing guy who not only won't give up, he won't agree to be silenced either.

Any DA or defense attorney would confirm that if even 1/10th of defendants arrested wanted a jury trial the entire criminal justice system would collapse. Imagine if all Defendants refused the play the game of take any best deal as the only real way out? Not 1 in 1,000,000 guys would have all the enemies lied up against him like he does. But not 1 in 1,000,000 guys have the support either. Without the media GZ would have a Public Defender and just be sitting in jail until he took the deal or refused to and then a year os so later after a 2 day trial got a life sentence.

Is he brave? Stubborn? Stupid? Wrong place at the wrong time? Right place a the right time? All of those?

This is a classic case of the rich trying to railroad a poor working class guy.

trial happened already?

You mean this mock-trial thats driven only by political pressure?

Again....read, the bull**** affidavit

Right .. the rich made George shoot Trayvon.

No these rediculously rich individuals and corporations, like MSNBC and Al Shaprton are picking on this poor working class man who exercised his right to protect himself. As far as I can tell Zimmermans only crime was being poor and they are using their massive wealth to discriminate against him simply because he does not share their political beliefs and because they believe as a poor man he cannot defend himself against their money. Its sad.

No these rediculously rich individuals and corporations, like MSNBC and Al Shaprton are picking on this poor working class man who exercised his right to protect himself. As far as I can tell Zimmermans only crime was being poor and they are using their massive wealth to discriminate against him simply because he does not share their political beliefs and because they believe as a poor man he cannot defend himself against their money. Its sad.

Pretty disgusting commentary man

I agree. I find it disgusting that the super rich are using their wealth to exploit a poor working man for political gain too.

Start your own business......

I agree. I find it disgusting that the super rich are using their wealth to exploit a poor working man for political gain too.

Even the attempted spin sucks.

getting out of his car was his first dumb mistake in a long line of dumb mistakes.

Why Z thought M was suspicious or Z following M makes no legal difference

Z had every legal right to get out of his car.

Why Z thought M was suspicious or Z following M makes no legal difference

Z had every legal right to get out of his car.

Now where on Earth did you get the phenomenally silly idea that having the legal right to do something prevents it from being dumb or a mistake?

For example, I have every legal right to take a **** on my own breakfast. It would be a very dumb to do so, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom