• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump "Literally" this Stupid?

Interesting given this opinion

But whatever. I'm not making it "easier for Hillary to win", that's what Trump is doing.

Either Trump is going to win or Hillary is going to win. Johnson...ain't no way he's going to win.

So...a vote for Johnson is the same thing as no vote at all...and is the same thing as not voting for Trump...which is the same thing as giving Hillary an edge.

So yes, a vote for Johnson makes it that much easier for Hillary to win. I don't want that to happen.

In any case, talking about voting for Johnson has no bearing on that other statement you quoted.

Either Trump is going to win or Hillary is going to win. Johnson...ain't no way he's going to win.

So...a vote for Johnson is the same thing as no vote at all...and is the same thing as not voting for Trump...which is the same thing as giving Hillary an edge.

So yes, a vote for Johnson makes it that much easier for Hillary to win. I don't want that to happen.

In any case, talking about voting for Johnson has no bearing on that other statement you quoted.

Oh bullsh!t !!!!!

Vote for the person you believe will be the best POTUS regardless of party. That's truly the American way.

Stuff that snobby "you MUST vote either D or R" nonsense where the sun don't shine.

No....Hillary is going to win. As much as I hate the Clintons... Trump has given the election to her.

Oh bullsh!t !!!!!

Vote for the person you believe will be the best POTUS regardless of party. That's truly the American way.

Stuff that snobby "you MUST vote either D or R" nonsense where the sun don't shine.

Voting the lesser of two evils is a vote for evil.

Counter-point: a vote for Lieberman in 2000 was a vote for Lieberman in form, but a vote for Bush in practical effect.

The people I know who did that spent a long time regretting it. Sure, one can vote one's conscience, but in some circumstance that means bringing a greater evil down on everyone including oneself.

What you're missing is that the target voter in the Republican primary is very different than the target voter in the general election.

We already know he isn't pissing off his loyal followers with these antics. He is playing up to a group of supporters that are for the most part already committed.

The problem is, there aren't anywhere near enough people in the US who want a President who flies off the handle twice daily, who mocks disabled people, who admire Putin, who lies constantly, and is erratic. That's why states like Arizona (!) and Georgia (!!!) are in play, and why Republicans are terrified he will wreck the down-ballot.

Wednesday: "I meant that Obama founded ISIS. Literally."
Thursday: "I was being sarcastic!"

He *cough* literally contradicted what he was telling Hugh in the radio interview. He wasn't joking, he wasn't winking, it had nothing to do with nuance or language.

He was trolling.

Exactly 100% correct. And yes, he was trolling. There's no question about that and it's the correct term for what he did.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Hillary Clinton is bound for the White House. What I, as a pretty faithful Republican voter, am concerned about now is the down ballot elections. Unfortunately Trump has made such a mockery out of the party he didn't even belong to for the bulk of his adult life that I suspect the trickle down will be devastating.

He is a disgrace.

Counter-point: a vote for Lieberman in 2000 was a vote for Lieberman in form, but a vote for Bush in practical effect.

The people I know who did that spent a long time regretting it. Sure, one can vote one's conscience, but in some circumstance that means bringing a greater evil down on everyone including oneself.

Wasn't Lieberman Al Gore's running mate in 2000? How was a vote for that ticket a vote for Bush?

I see that you are located in Colorado, a swing state (or it was until a week or so ago). If you are registered in Colorado, then I don't care who you vote for--as long as it's not Trump. Use whatever rationale works for you.

There was no difference, Republocrats are Republocrats and regardless of which one we elect, we would be in the same place ± some epsilon.

I do not regret voting against the Republocrat establishment then, I shan't this time either.

I see that you are located in Colorado, a swing state (or it was until a week or so ago). If you are registered in Colorado, then I don't care who you vote for--as long as it's not Trump. Use whatever rationale works for you.

I use the rational that the only way to keep the Republic is to vote for the candidate you feel is best qualified, who best represents you, and has a political platform that most agrees with your own.

Wasn't Lieberman Al Gore's running mate in 2000? How was a vote for that ticket a vote for Bush?

Yes. And after I finish typing, I'm going to go stick my head in a bucket of water.

I meant Nader.

I use the rational that the only way to keep the Republic is to vote for the candidate you feel is best qualified, who best represents you, and has a political platform that most agrees with your own.
Sounds good. One should feel reasonably happy that the vote they cast will advance their interests and those of the nation at large. Hopefully Colorado avoids a huge political mistake.

If you regret who you vote for you're a damned idiot. Vote for the person you think will be the best POTUS. Period.

Exactly 100% correct. And yes, he was trolling. There's no question about that and it's the correct term for what he did.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Hillary Clinton is bound for the White House. What I, as a pretty faithful Republican voter, am concerned about now is the down ballot elections. Unfortunately Trump has made such a mockery out of the party he didn't even belong to for the bulk of his adult life that I suspect the trickle down will be devastating.

He is a disgrace.
Yep.

As to down-ballot, that may not be a foregone conclusion. Splitting tickets wasn't uncommon a few elections ago. If Republicans running for re-election start to defect en masse, and pose themselves as opposing Clinton, it might be more common in this election.

Of cousre, that would just set us up for another 4-8 years of legislative gridlock, accompanied by executive attempts to compensate. Good times, good times.

He is a disgrace.

My hope is an aggressive Republican congress keeps Hillary in check, but that she finds a way to work with them and get a few things done that need doing. In the end, having a boxed in Hillary beats having Trump with a GOP Congress and Right leaning SCOTUS. That, IMO, would have been disastrous.

The GOP have recent history showing us their lack of backbone when it comes to standing up to bad GOP presidents. And, Trump would have been the worst in history.

Hillary has got Colorado sewed up and is even pulling staff and money from there as we speak.

Sounds good. One should feel reasonably happy that the vote they cast will advance their interests and those of the nation at large. Hopefully Colorado avoids a huge political mistake.

Not my problem, I'm voting for Johnson.

Conspiracy theorists are not swing voters.

Hillary putting the national security at risk and lying about her lies is not a conspiracy theory it is a fact.

Wikileaks basically Identifying Seth Rich as their source and Rich being murdered shortly after the time period when he would have handed off the info is not a conspiracy theory it is a fact.

Try to keep up

Back
Top Bottom