• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is Trump considering cuts to entitlement progams? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, why would we want to help the elderly and the less fortunate..........:(

Typical selfish and greed latent Conservative comment. You guys should REALLY find a new "hero" to worship.

It must be really hard to see the truth from your parents basement room . Any idea of the BILLIONS in fraud from these able bodied welfare cheats ?

Lately, there have been many rumors that have turned out to be nothing more than made-up BS.

Get back to me when you have something more than a rumor, but when you do...make sure it doesn't come from an unnamed source. I consider THOSE to be rumors, as well.

Oh...I should add that "Trump considering cuts..." is kind of a dumbass thing to say. Fact is, Trump doesn't have the power to cut entitlements.

Could be that, in order to get anything done, it will be business as usual in DC. Bribery and conniving to get the votes for whatever. I like to give the guys the benefit of the doubt though, and believe when they say that they don't want to cut benefits to those who need it, but cut off those who abuse the system.
Who knows anymore what is true or not. Everyone seems to be more interested in lying and cheating to keep up the "I care" facade, than to actually take care of people.
With all the screaming about which side is right and which side can do better, we fail to notice that this lack of unity and cooperation isn't beneficial to anyone but some overblown egos.

Could be that, in order to get anything done, it will be business as usual in DC. Bribery and conniving to get the votes for whatever. I like to give the guys the benefit of the doubt though, and believe when they say that they don't want to cut benefits to those who need it, but cut off those who abuse the system.
Who knows anymore what is true or not. Everyone seems to be more interested in lying and cheating to keep up the "I care" facade, than to actually take care of people.
With all the screaming about which side is right and which side can do better, we fail to notice that this lack of unity and cooperation isn't beneficial to anyone but some overblown egos.

The thing that really matters is Congress. There are many in that group who are as blindly oppositional to Trump as the Democrats are. Whatever budget they pass...if they do, in fact, ever pass a budget...will depend on them weighing their opposition against their political prospects.

Why do liberals always think that cuts to entitlement programs mean that we want the poor to die? Why is there no room for debate on the various ways to help the poor?
Because a vast majority of poor people vote for liberals.

Government in general needs to do a better job with entitlements like the SNAP program. Fraud is rampant, and it truly is possible to make deep cuts in entitlements simply by reducing the fraud. The program should be re-geared to be more of a burden than a reward. Yes, I know most folks don't see it that way, but enough fraudsters DO see it that way. For instance...thanks to Bill Clinton's administration, now someone can gain food stamps even if they have $20,000 in the bank. Also, drug testing should be a pre-requisite for entry into the program. Finally, hard caps should be imposed so that recipients can know when the end is coming, so that they can be more proactive in obtaining employment.

Think of it this way...look at how bloated these programs have gotten since the 70's. Why couldn't we roll that bloat back to those levels? Just because government is bloated, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

Because a vast majority of poor people vote for liberals.

Government in general needs to do a better job with entitlements like the SNAP program. Fraud is rampant, and it truly is possible to make deep cuts in entitlements simply by reducing the fraud. The program should be re-geared to be more of a burden than a reward. Yes, I know most folks don't see it that way, but enough fraudsters DO see it that way. For instance...thanks to Bill Clinton's administration, now someone can gain food stamps even if they have $20,000 in the bank. Also, drug testing should be a pre-requisite for entry into the program. Finally, hard caps should be imposed so that recipients can know when the end is coming, so that they can be more proactive in obtaining employment.

Think of it this way...look at how bloated these programs have gotten since the 70's. Why couldn't we roll that bloat back to those levels? Just because government is bloated, doesn't mean it has to stay that way.

Your last sentence ignores the appeal of "free" federal money going into each congress critter's state/district. We are talking some very, very serious cash here - now about $1 in every $5 of our GDP or over $4,200,000,000,000.00 each year. That is why we now have the party for a bigger federal government fiercely competing with the party for a huge federal government.

Budget cuts ("savings"?) are now what we call reductions in (typical?) previously planned spending increases. Costs are usually discussed in annual budget amounts yet "savings" are usually discussed in "CBO projected over a decade" amounts. It is now common for a congress critter to say that adding "only" $10 billion more to program X will "save" $200 billion by 2026 based on nothing but wishful thinking.

trying to create a new right wing world is only going to result in adults going WTF?

Perhaps in 50 years you can hang with the adults . Is mom's basement dark ?

That doesn't make any sense but that's expected

Like I said in 50 years you will understand !!! :lol: :lol: Is it dark in mom's basement ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom