• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is there a war on boys? (1 Viewer)

Is there a war on boys?

• Total voters

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
IS there a war on boys?

No. It's complete MRA claptrap.

I'm dealing with this with my 5 year old son right now. He has trouble sitting still all day in class, and as a result, loses focus and gets on "bad" colors for the day.

Let's say it isn't the best time to be growing up in, as a boy, in some ways.

Dumb video is dumb.

Typical PragerU BS.

Last edited:
Easy enough to dismiss an opinion with nothing backing it up... thanks,

That's all the video did. Express an opinion without backing it up.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

You are a teacher then?

I'm sure all the teachers would just rather have classrooms full of girls, so as not to be bothered with physically active boys who are just, different.

Yeah, might be some problems here. Especially when a young boy bites his pop tart into the shape of a gun and is suspended from school for that boyish behavior.

But a war on boys? Meh. I think that might be over stating it a bit.

Not saying that it couldn't build up into a war on boys, and I'm not saying that there are some schools / classrooms / teachers who might have challenges with some boys, and deal with those challenges well. I have to admit that I had two girls, so I didn't have the boy experience.

What was the most compelling part?

Does the idea that channeling the natural competitive and aggressive instincts that young boys possess in ways that are constructive and healthy is preferable to suppressing those instincts really need backing up?

IS there a war on boys?

I loved this video and give it a standing ovation. I wouldn't call it a "war on boys", but public schools do tend to be more girl-friendly.

No, although I did work as a student teacher for a while.

What's my profession got to do with it?

Because what she is saying is accurate... not just an opinion.

IS there a war on boys?

Yes there is. Aside from school, boys in all countries are much more likely to suffer physical abuse then girls.

I am not blaming feminism for this particular issue, since such abuse existed for millennia. Before child abuse became a crime in USA in 1880s, it was much more common. Even in 1950s it was much more common.

I loved this video and give it a standing ovation. I wouldn't call it a "war on boys", but public schools do tend to be more girl-friendly.

I agree that a War on Boys is hyperbolic but there is a very real issue, as you would know more than most. Even as a high school teacher I see it...

Best students? The calm quite ones on task. Who are they generally? Girls. Hell, I have two daughters and the ones "Getting in trouble" in their classes are almost always boys. Boys are in way more trouble in my classes than girls, and in our school, district and nation over all too...

The war is less on boys than it is men. Many women do not want their boys to grow up to be men. They want a kinder, gentler, more tractable male. They want a male that is feminine.

I'm dealing with this with my 5 year old son right now. He has trouble sitting still all day in class, and as a result, loses focus and gets on "bad" colors for the day.

Boredom, or ADD. Go with bored first.

Does the idea that channeling the natural competitive and aggressive instincts that young boys possess in ways that are constructive and healthy is preferable to suppressing those instincts really need backing up?

Of course.

And not only does that need backing up, but the numerous underlying premises (re: that channeling & suppressing are even happening, that natural instincts such as competitiveness are exclusive to men, how these all these changes happen/interact at diff stages of life etc etc etc) also need backing up.

Because what she is saying is accurate... not just an opinion.

Ok.. so prove it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom