• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is The Republican Party Anti-LGBTQ?

In Your Opinion Is The Republican Party Anti-LGBTQ?

• Total voters
if it's sexual, and sexual in anything other than evangelical working class conservative missionary style, '1950's let's keep it in the dark closet cause it's more fun that way'; then the republican party is against it......that's why they worship a 'grab em by the psy' man like Trump and their gay tv preachers........conservatives are obsessed with sex.......always have been......

penis envy

wolfman,
You're right on this one.
LGBTQ advocates do not need to present their ideology to me because I don't want to hear it or see it. If they have an agenda, like the stupid female hosts on the Osacars who openly shouted "Gay!Gay!Gay!Gay!Gay!Gay!Gay!Gay!" so 15 million people could hear it, that is the kind of "in your face" behavior that turns people off.

I don't need to tell anyone I am heterosexual, do I? Would anyone care?
I can't help but wonder if some of the "in your face" is justifiable in the sense that unlike straights, gays have historically been marginalized, demonized, discriminated against, and subjected to violence all because of their sexual orientation. It can be argued that the recent laws we've seen in Florida and elsewhere perpetuate that historical marginalization, so maybe that "in your face" behavior is motivated by a survivalist instinct that straights have never had to employ.

Not expecting you to agree, and yes it has the potential to backfire on them if taken to extremes. Just exploring a possible motivation.

I am not a Trumpist. I am a Conservative Republican. I am not anti-LGBTQ.
I liked it better when this country was more sane and those members of the LGBTQ community understand that the vast majority of Americans wanted them to keep their sexual and gender proclivities to themselves.
I am in the camp that says, "I don't give a damn what you do in the privacy of your own bedroom. Keep it to yourself and don't try to shove your ideology down my throat." But you can't say that now because coming out of the closet and screaming your sexual proclivities is a new pastime in our society.
Now, if I was a public figure or working for a woke corporation, that statement might spell my doom. But no one is going to fire me, kick me off social media sites, evict me, kick me out of their Liberal organization, or come to my house waving pro-LGBTQ-RST signs to show me how anti-gay I am.

And I want Ron DeSantis to sign that bill in FL; win re-election; and then go on to be our next president because I believe the Progressive faction in our country is dragging in the wrong direction.
sounds like you believe in legislating morality...

So you think it’s a good idea to educate small children about homosexuality?

Also the bill doesn’t say Don’t Say Gay anywhere in the bill.
You don't think that small children encounter homosexuality in the world outside of school, or perhaps even live with homosexuals?

Actually, it never really became an issue until homosexuals started actively promoting their lifestyle choices, forcing them on others.

Any "anti-ness" against that is to be expected from the majority of the populace who have their reasons - either for themselves, for their children, or for society in general - not to want the homosexual agenda foisted upon them, either culturally, religiously, or legally.

^ This is the kind of homophobia that fuels the Far Right. It has seen a resurgence in recent years as righties get more and more frenzied against LGBTQ rights.

Not true. Being gay isn’t a good life for many reasons. It has nothing to do with bigotry. Being actively homosexual is a bad decision.

If you don't like gay, don't be gay. What you're not allowed to do is to force gay people to be straight. (y)

I will say it again. The ONLY minorities the GOP likes, is ITSELF.

I can't help but wonder if some of the "in your face" is justifiable in the sense that unlike straights, gays have historically been marginalized, demonized, discriminated against, and subjected to violence all because of their sexual orientation. It can be argued that the recent laws we've seen in Florida and elsewhere perpetuate that historical marginalization, so maybe that "in your face" behavior is motivated by a survivalist instinct that straights have never had to employ.

Not expecting you to agree, and yes it has the potential to backfire on them if taken to extremes. Just exploring a possible motivation.

There is something to this. Righties see their monopoly on power in jeopardy in the long term, especially as the younger generation is on the whole more accepting of their LGBTQ peers than the older generation.

Key wording there is "on the whole." There are exceptions, but that's the general trend.

From 2017: https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...ws-even-among-groups-that-had-been-skeptical/

Its exactly like being black. You don't CHOOSE to be gay (or black) and for bigots to tell these people that they cannot live their lives the way they were born is despicable and hateful. You have no clue what "science rebuts" nor do you have a clue what "the majority of parents in Florida" want. You speak ONLY for yourself. If you want to hate gay people great-just keep it to yourself. If you want to teach your kids hateful bigoted lessons then its up to the schools to teach them lessons that are more adaptive to the reality of living in today's society where gay people exist and where they should be (but aren't) granted the same rights as non-gay people.
As I wrote if you want to teach your kids hate and bigotry you should home school them. The bible thumpers are free to thump all they want at home as long as they realize that this country is not based on rules set forth in the bible. Fortunately there are 49 other states that understand that schools should be EDUCATING students in the lessons of tolerance. The product of such teaching will be more tolerant less hateful adults.
Except for those kids who are taught hate and bigotry and racism at home........
You are so far out in left field it would be humorous if it weren’t so sad. Your speech is hate filled and ultra intolerant and you can’t even see it. You are blind to the truth and driven by corrupt emotions. Sad

More non Christian-like FAILED mind reading attempts. Feel free to point out to the class where I've stated I "want to indoctrinate 5-8 kids" on any issue. Good luck with that BS nonsensical lie.
Read the Florida law. Maybe then you can understand. You’re just slinging mud against the wall in hopes it might stick. Nice try.

You read the bible. I am not interested.
The bible doesn't make any rules in this country at all, fortunately.
Ever heard the term "equal protection under the law"?
They say ignorance is bliss. If you only knew how much of legal/justice system is based on scripture.

I have heard of equal protection and demand it for young children. Keep your sexual perversion away from young children in our country.

You are so far out in left field it would be humorous if it weren’t so sad. Your speech is hate filled and ultra intolerant and you can’t even see it. You are blind to the truth and driven by corrupt emotions. Sad
Thats right: I AM intolerant. I do not tolerate bigotry at all. I call it out everywhere I see it. Your "truth" as dictated to you by your bible is totally irrelevant in terms of the laws in this country. Its sad that you can't see that.
People who think that being gay is a choice and is *bad* are bigots trying to force their morality on folks who want no part of it. Fortunately there are laws to protect LGBT people against bigots. There needs to be more such laws.

Exactly. I won't be supporting laws that discriminate how others conduct their personal and sexual lives. What you do in bed is YOUR business only.

If two guys want to get married so f'ing what? How the hell does that degrade my own life? More power to them. And yes, children should be made aware at a young age that some of their friends might have two daddies or two mommies.

When tolerance is taught at a young age, and taught consistently, the result is a more tolerant adult and a more copacetic society. If the opposite is taught the results are predictable as well.
Tolerance is way overrated. It’s mostly just a veil to cover perversion. Children need to be protected from sexual perversion. Homosexuality is perversion. Nothing can rebut that truth. Sodomy is unacceptable, unnatural, and perverse. Don’t teach it to 5 year old kids.

They say ignorance is bliss. If you only knew how much of legal/justice system is based on scripture.

I have heard of equal protection and demand it for young children. Keep your sexual perversion away from young children in our country.
None of it is based on the bible. Its called "separation of church and state".
Kids need to be protected against being taught the bigotry spouted forth by some (but not all) evangelicals. Far preferable for them to be taught tolerance and if they don't learn it at home they must be taught tolerance in school.

There is something to this. Righties see their monopoly on power in jeopardy in the long term, especially as the younger generation is on the whole more accepting of their LGBTQ peers than the older generation.

Key wording there is "on the whole." There are exceptions, but that's the general trend.

From 2017: https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...ws-even-among-groups-that-had-been-skeptical/
And there's the flip side of it - some people alarmed to see society's growing acceptance of it, alarmed to see gay relationships accepted in the same capacity as straight relationships, and having a survivalist instinct of their own kick in when they think all that they hold dear is being stripped away.

Something society has prior experience with re: unconventional relationships - a group who fears them and pushes back, eventually accepting (however grudgingly) them once they realize there is no direct effect on their lives/doesn't lead to the downfall of society.

Tolerance is way overrated. It’s mostly just a veil to cover perversion. Children need to be protected from sexual perversion. Homosexuality is perversion. Nothing can rebut that truth. Sodomy is unacceptable, unnatural, and perverse. Don’t teach it to 5 year old kids.
We agree that the details of sexual activity should not be taught to children.
That said, your bigoted statement that "sodomy is unacceptable" ONLY pertains to YOU. If others want to engage in it that is TOTALLY up to them. Its the "stay the hell out of my bedroom" rule, a rule you seem unable to accept.

None of it is based on the bible. Its called "separation of church and state".
Kids need to be protected against being taught the bigotry spouted forth by some (but not all) evangelicals. Far preferable for them to be taught tolerance and if they don't learn it at home they must be taught tolerance in school.
The law covers kids from kindergarten through third grade. Why is that so disagreeable to you?

Former Hawaii Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard is going against her party's talking points by defending Florida's new Parental Rights in Education law which prohibits schools from discussing sexual orientation or gender identity with students from kindergarten through third grade.

Ye

Yes but who cares about a minute % of weirdos
Who cares about the minority group itself, or who cares that an American political party is attempting to legislate/legalize the marginalization of a minority group?

At the very least everyone should be concerned about the latter.

We agree that the details of sexual activity should not be taught to children.
That said, your bigoted statement that "sodomy is unacceptable" ONLY pertains to YOU. If others want to engage in it that is TOTALLY up to them. Its the "stay the hell out of my bedroom" rule, a rule you seem unable to accept.
But it doesn’t need to be taught to children.

Who cares about the minority group itself, or who cares that an American political party is attempting to legislate/legalize the marginalization of a minority group?

At the very least everyone should be concerned about the latter.

Nobody cares especially conservatives, those are the facts

sounds like you believe in legislating morality...
If I could legislate that people upgrade and improve their morals, then I would force
a) force inner city gang-bangers and thugs to stop shooting each other over drug trade and territory, b) force people to stop killing themselves by taking deadly drugs, c) force married couples from cheating on each other, d) force brutal tyrants from attacking other nations who want to be free and independent.
That is just a start providing I had the authority and legislative power to change and enforce moral behavior.

Regarding sexual behavior behind closed doors, I couldn't give a rat's ass less about such behavior as long as such behavior is NOT shoved in front of my face and I am asked to accept and applaud it.

But no one can legislate such immoral behavior. Governments can only pass laws to prohibit such behavior. And from what I am seeing in the news and on TV, governments (including the United Nations) is doing a piss poor job trying to regulate such socially unacceptable behavior.

Back
Top Bottom