• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the King James Bible superior to all other Bibles?

Is the King James Bible superior to all other Bibles?

• yes, of course!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • it is even better than the Hebrew Bible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • it is better than the Greek Bible

• it is more accurate than Jesus himself

• it is more important than God!

• the Catholic Bible is pagan and satanic

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I have never heard of Martin Luther

• German bibles are worthless

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • other

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
I think it has the best use of language but it's not literally the best translation and the original texts will always be the best, but even that isn't clear cut. To really understand a language you have to be immersed in the area, culture, and time. Just think of the slang that we use today and trying to figure that out a couple thousand years later without context. It's really hard.

If you don't go with the KJV you can just pick the version that suits you best. I only pay attention to the KJV, I don't trust the others.

Somebody who thinks the King James Bible the best bible ....

a) has no idea of languages
b) has no idea of religions
c) has no idea of Christianity worldwide
d) is just a little Englander with a narrow horizon

Somebody who thinks the King James Bible the best bible ....

a) has no idea of languages
b) has no idea of religions
c) has no idea of Christianity worldwide
d) is just a little Englander with a narrow horizon
So you brought up the subject to insult people. Very nice. I think your opinion on Bibles proves you've never read one as is borne out by your attitude.

The Douay–Rheims Bible is probably the best English translation.

The Douay–Rheims Bible is probably the best English translation.

Some Info:

The purpose of the version, both the text and notes, was to uphold Catholic tradition in the face of the Protestant Reformation which up until the time of its publication had dominated Elizabethan religion and academic debate. As such it was an effort by English Catholics to support the Counter-Reformation. The New Testament was reprinted in 1600, 1621 and 1633. The Old Testament volumes were reprinted in 1635 but neither thereafter for another hundred years. In 1589, William Fulke collated the complete Rheims text and notes in parallel columns with those of the Bishops' Bible. This work sold widely in England, being re-issued in three further editions to 1633. It was predominantly through Fulke's editions that the Rheims New Testament came to exercise a significant influence on the development of 17th-century English

What does Ezekiel 23:20 sound like in the KJV?

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.

Whatever version reaches you with the intended message is the one you should use.

For she doted upon their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.

Thus thou calledst to remembrance the lewdness of thy youth, in bruising thy teats by the Egyptians for the paps of thy youth.

I can't publish the modern English translation, it would violate forum rules.
But let's just say that the "flesh" they're talking about is a certain appendage that is common among both donkeys and people.
Only the donkey's "flesh" is massive enough to make it a well known "circus act" in certain bars in Tijuana.

Sometimes, the first copy turns out best, has the most antique value and cannot be duplicated or exceeded.

So also is the inspiration, there was inspiration when it was written and inspiration when it was translated, but that goes for any translation. But such is the responsibility of the translator.

The point is, one should not consider such a work to be infallible to begin with, so if some new idea is thrown in so what? We are told to rightly divide the Word of Truth 2 Tim 2:15. And this instruction applies to any planet or philosophy you may come upon.

I use the King James, because then I can find my verses in my "Strongs Exhaustive Concordance."

Sometimes, the first copy turns out best, has the most antique value and cannot be duplicated or exceeded.

So also is the inspiration, there was inspiration when it was written and inspiration when it was translated, but that goes for any translation. But such is the responsibility of the translator.

The point is, one should not consider such a work to be infallible to begin with, so if some new idea is thrown in so what? We are told to rightly divide the Word of Truth 2 Tim 2:15. And this instruction applies to any planet or philosophy you may come upon.

I use the King James, because then I can find my verses in my "Strongs Exhaustive Concordance."
Well, the King James is a TRANSLATION of the original Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek text. What the King James offers is a very pleasant "English" read. I learned the 23rd Psalm growing up in King James. The others all sound a little awkward. That is not to say that those translations are in error; but sometimes it seems like some groups are rather trying too hard to be different rather than "more correct".

Well, the King James is a TRANSLATION of the original Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek text. What the King James offers is a very pleasant "English" read. I learned the 23rd Psalm growing up in King James. The others all sound a little awkward. That is not to say that those translations are in error; but sometimes it seems like some groups are rather trying too hard to be different rather than "more correct".
King James Version is what it is because the thought of tender Christians reading about women who got aroused by big dicks was too much for "the good king".
And yet so very much of our present day problems center around "The Bigger Dick Foreign Policy" ----which is also unsurprisingly also our internal policy as well.
"What? They have bigger dicks? Bomb them!" (G. Carlin)

Back
Top Bottom