• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is the Elon Musk Twitter takeover a big deal, politically?

Is the Twitter takeover a big deal politically?

• Yes, it’s a big deal

• No, it’s not a big deal

• It’s a moderately big deal

• It might be - we’ll see

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
For something that is a stupid investment, and also just a big noise signifying nothing, the Left sure had a bit of a fit about it, lol.
They are easily triggered!

I ran my own private board for years with minimal moderation and few rules. It was certainly fun, but it didn't work. Musk will probably find out the same thing on a grander scale if he brings back Tweety and disinformation campaigns.

I ran my own private board for years with minimal moderation and few rules. It was certainly fun, but it didn't work. Musk will probably find out the same thing on a grander scale if he brings back Tweety and disinformation campaigns.
I was an Admin for info clearing house, late 90s and the 'let the people' speak ethic led to it being taken over by antisemites and other conspiracists.

I was an Admin for info clearing house, late 90s and the 'let the people' speak ethic led to it being taken over by antisemites and other conspiracists.
Yep. Mine devolved into one very motivated person constantly trying to piss everyone off while breaking the few rules in spectacular fashion. The board became mostly about that poster, who eventually had to be banned. After this poster was gone, activity dropped off, and the board fizzled. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, though.

Yep. Mine devolved into one very motivated person constantly trying to piss everyone off while breaking the few rules in spectacular fashion. The board became mostly about that poster, who eventually had to be banned. After this poster was gone, activity dropped off, and the board fizzled. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, though.
Guess the poster should have not been banned?

In terms of politics, is the Twitter takeover a big deal? Please vote and discuss in the comments below.
It's amazing how so many trump worshippers, Josie are so excited about Musk's takeover as if it's the panacea for all their ills.

trump incited a violent coup. He passed on bullshit cures about Covid.

He deserved to be banned. He was killing people.

It's amazing how sociopathic trump voters are - all they want is revenge against their political enemies. That's it. No matter how much harm it does to America.

How Republicans sleep at night? Must be some heavy Ambien.

Guess the poster should have not been banned?
The level of escalation involved could be its own thread. I was going for a minimally moderated board that didn't even require registration. It worked until it didn't. It was fun, though, and I learned a lot.

The level of escalation involved could be its own thread. I was going for a minimally moderated board that didn't even require registration. It worked until it didn't. It was fun, though, and I learned a lot.
Most things are like that, you know the saying, all good things must end. I was on a different site, had much fun, had many gunning for me waiting to make a slip up. I did, and got banned. They shut down the political side of that forum shortly after. Not because of me, but I think to all the social media BS.

Musk has become very erratic lately. I said before he's beginning to remind me of Howard Hughes. Use to be brilliant, but as time went on insanity took over.

I think if Musk takes Twitter private, and stops all advertising on the site, and turns it into a pay service??? Politics or no politics... Trump or no Trump he'll kill Twitter, it'll lose 10's of millions of users.

Very few will pay for a service that use to be free.
I don't think Musk understands this.
Didn't he recently say that most people could afford $100,000 for a ride into outer space?
But we'll see, he's been saying a lot of weird things lately.
Yeah....didn't he refer to one of the men who helped rescue kids in a Thai cave as a "pedo guy"?
Musk doesn't randomly blurt idiocies out on a Trumpian scale......yet......but give him time...LOL

I don't think Musk understands this.
Didn't he recently say that most people could afford $100,000 for a ride into outer space?

Yeah....didn't he refer to one of the men who helped rescue kids in a Thai cave as a "pedo guy"?
Musk doesn't randomly blurt idiocies out on a Trumpian scale......yet......but give him time...LOL
Yeah.. Recently he's coming across as an attention whore.. He's just looking for press coverage, saying things to get attention..

That's dangerous for a guy in his position.. He should just keep his mouth shut, make money for him and his people, and stay out of the limelight..

But like I said.. He's becoming erratic...

It already is politically. Heads are exploding at Twitter.

Yeah.. Recently he's coming across as an attention whore.. He's just looking for press coverage, saying things to get attention..

That's dangerous for a guy in his position.. He should just keep his mouth shut, make money for him and his people, and stay out of the limelight..

But like I said.. He's becoming erratic...
Ridiculous! You don't know anything.

LOL... Like I said in another post... When Musk throws you Trumpsters under the bus, I'm going to love pointing to these threads... Lol

He's becoming erratic as hell.. I know he's now your guys newest savior.. But when all this blows up in your faces, yes I will be here to say 'I told you so'...

You guys constantly hitch your wagons to people who eventually throw you under the bus... You're a gullible bunch..

In terms of politics, is the Twitter takeover a big deal? Please vote and discuss in the comments below.
Really ? Why yet another thread?

1. Musk blocks Public Citizen on Twitter

2. Breakingviews: Elon Musk probably won’t buy Twitter

3. A reminder lesson from Musk buying Twitter

4. Is the Elon Musk Twitter takeover a big deal, politically?

5. EU warns Elon Musk over Twitter moderation plans

6. Judge rejects Elon Musk's bid to end 2018 settlement with SEC

7. FCC commissioner shoots down 'absurd' claim that the federal government can block Musk's Twitter purchase

8. Looks like Elon Musk will own Twitter.

9. Everything Elon Musk wants to change about Twitter

10. Elon Musk condemns Twitter censorship of NY Post’s Hunter laptop story: ‘Obviously incredibly inappropriate’

Twitter set to accept Musk's $43 billion offer

11. Twitter employees distraught over Musk buyout, too 'in shock to speak': report

12. Twitter employees raise questions about Musk takeover in all-hands meeting

13. Twitter reportedly nearing deal to sell itself to Elon Musk

14. Should the New Twitter CEO Elon Musk bring back Donald Trump?

15. Elon Musk Buys Twitter for $44 B and Will Take It Private

16. Musk has overstepped in area of expertiese... and Stock Holders are very well aware of that fact.

17. MSNBC host trashed for warning Elon Musk could use Twitter to ban political candidates: ‘You absolute clown’

18. Elon Musk Rebuffs Bill Gates' Philanthropy Request, Compares Photo Of Gates To "Pregnant Man" Emoji

19. Elon Musk May Combine Tesla, Space X and Twitter Into New ‘Super Company’

LOL... Like I said in another post... When Musk throws you Trumpsters under the bus, I'm going to love pointing to these threads... Lol

He's becoming erratic as hell.. I know he's now your guys newest savior.. But when all this blows up in your faces, yes I will be here to say 'I told you so'...

You guys constantly hitch your wagons to people who eventually throw you under the bus... You're a gullible bunch..
He supports free speech, something you don't. So he threw you under the bus.

No. It's twitter.

He supports free speech, something you don't. So he threw you under the bus.
I most certainly do support free speech...

But companies TOS is up to that company... Go on a rant here, threaten people, drop the n word here and there, threaten a Mod... I dare you...

For something that is a stupid investment, and also just a big noise signifying nothing, the Left sure had a bit of a fit about it, lol.
Na

Most of us just laugh at the piss poor excuse of a leader Trump actually is

Trump has his own social media platform, which according to him is wildly successful. Why would he need Twitter? Are you saying Trump is currently impotent, powerless and leashed unless Twitter saves him?
Because the man is full of shit, his supporters know it. But Trump pings liberals, and Righties luv it, rather petty yes.

I most certainly do support free speech...

But companies TOS is up to that company... Go on a rant here, threaten people, drop the n word here and there, threaten a Mod... I dare you...
You should try to lift the bar on those low leadership standards.

I think it can be a very big deal and most likely will be.

99219369-00DA-4320-AC8D-B72B7E743524.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom