• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is suffering meaningless to atheists?

Is suffering meaningless to atheists

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • If they don't give it meaning

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And do you agree with the OP that atheists are incapable of handling suffering? If so and you think believers as a whole are any better at it you're even more, lets say, "affected" than I thought.

That is not what the OP says...:liar

Agreed, but it is possible to understand why God allows it to happen...

So you know the "mind" of god, do you? That's blasphemy not to mention universe-size arrogance. But we could already tell you had a ego the size of galaxy and no reason for it.

So you know the "mind" of god, do you? That's blasphemy not to mention universe-size arrogance. But we could already tell you had a ego the size of galaxy and no reason for it.

I know what the Bible says and I also have the power to reason on it...do you?

I do hope this treatment isn't something you organise. I expected more from you. The Chinese inject drugs that cause loss of memory and other significal issues. You call me names. See, if I were an atheist, I might be ungrateful at this

Oh, not at all. Threads like this get spontaneous and, as you can now tell, not very positive responses. There are other "rooms" where you can post this crap to everyone who agrees with you and then you wouldn't have to feel so wounded.

Oh, not at all. Threads like this get spontaneous and, as you can now tell, not very positive responses. There are other "rooms" where you can post this crap to everyone who agrees with you and then you wouldn't have to feel so wounded.

The door is thataway--------------------------------------------------------- >

Over 100 posts in this thread and still no theist will explain the "meaning or goal of suffering in itself from the point of view of theists."

Literally a thread calling out atheists and agnostics and nada from the OP or anyone else explaining their position on this.

I don't mean other people's suffering in the sense that atheists were indifferent to the suffering of others. Rather I mean, is the suffering in itself — their own and that of others — without meaning or goal, from the point of view of atheists (or agnostics)?

they talk about the problem of evil a lot!

I know what the Bible says and I also have the power to reason on it...do you?

Please show that your claims is true. Can you do so without relying on a diversoinary tactic, or a cut/paste from a cult web page? Using those two methods would falsify your claim.

Please show that your claims is true. Can you do so without relying on a diversoinary tactic, or a cut/paste from a cult web page? Using those two methods would falsify your claim.

Talking about the Bible without mentioning the Bible...lol...SMH...do you know how stupid that sounds/

Talking about the Bible without mentioning the Bible...lol...SMH...do you know how stupid that sounds/

Ah, Diverisionary tactics. You see, I said 'quote from a cult web page or divsionary tactic'. I didn't say 'no bible quote'. You failed to demonstrate reading ability or reasoning.

Ah, Diverisionary tactics. You see, I said 'quote from a cult web page or divsionary tactic'. I didn't say 'no bible quote'. You failed to demonstrate reading ability or reasoning.

Yeah, I know exactly what you meant, you've called Bible quotes nothing but dogma often enough...very seldom do I post from JW.org but I do post Bible scriptures to back up everything I say so you've failed to ask nothing but a nonsense question, as usual...:roll:

Yeah, I know exactly what you meant, you've called Bible quotes nothing but dogma often enough...very seldom do I post from JW.org but I do post Bible scriptures to back up everything I say so you've failed to ask nothing but a nonsense question, as usual...:roll:

Oh, so you can read minds now. I see.

And do you agree with the OP that atheists are incapable of handling suffering? If so and you think believers as a whole are any better at it you're even more, lets say, "affected" than I thought.

It’ wasn’t surprising to me so many atheists on here would see no value in penance aka self-induced self denial aka suffering. Atheists after all are all about self and immediate gratification. Unfortunately this leads to suffering of a bad kind; suffering that damages.

Over 100 posts in this thread and still no theist will explain the "meaning or goal of suffering in itself from the point of view of theists."

Literally a thread calling out atheists and agnostics and nada from the OP or anyone else explaining their position on this.

I did it in post #89 Perhaps you missed it.

Anybody can read your mind...

And another diversonary tactic, one you keep on using when you are unable to give a rational answer.

And another diversonary tactic, one you keep on using when you are unable to give a rational answer.

When/if you ever ask a rational question, maybe I will...

God has sent many messengers. If you still haven't got the message, could it be because you don't like it?

I don't feel wounded. As you can see, my question is directed at atheists. But tell me more about that room where everyone agrees with me?

On this forum, they most certainly have...it's been stated over and over that suffering is meaningless, there's no reason for it and if God wanted to, He could stop it...just another jab at a merciless God, without attempting to understand the reasons why He allows suffering to happen, even though it's been explained, some just don't seem to get it...it's a rather childish response...

well surfing without any benign all powerful gods makes sense it can let you know when something is harming you so that you will try to avoid it which will give you better odds of reproducing and your offspring who have the capacity to suffer when damaged will have have better odds for survival and reproduction

why would a benevolent all powerful god build sapient life that can be damaged and hurt?

this makes sense for benevolent god

God gave the first two humans a perfect start.

He did not mean for them​—or their descendants—​to suffer.

this make no sense for a benevolent god

The first two humans chose independence from God.

As a result, they brought much suffering on themselves and all their descendants.

hrough one man sin entered into the world and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned.

Back
Top Bottom