• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is suffering meaningless to atheists?

Is suffering meaningless to atheists

• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • If they don't give it meaning

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the boy sees his father as being more wise all along as he gains wisdom from experience himself

now answer my question

what's the point of creating trouble in the 1st place?

He didn't, no more than we create trouble for our children when they rebel, but He does know what is best for mankind, even though Satan, Adam and Eve did not think so...He told them the rules, they broke them, they suffered the consequences, along with all their offspring...

He didn't, no more than we create trouble for our children when they rebel, but He does know what is best for mankind, even though Satan, Adam and Eve did not think so...He told them the rules, they broke them, they suffered the consequences, along with all their offspring...

if your all powerful and all kwing and you build how the universe works then yes if there's trouble you made it

so

if your all powerful and all kwing and you build how the universe works then yes if there's trouble you made it

so

:2brickwal

that would make more sense but people act like its supposed to be benevolent

All the lack of evidence points to the conclusion that there are no gods.

allso how do you hurt others out of spite and their children and not be a monster?

All the lack of evidence points to the conclusion that there are no gods.

they do seem to be a mix of explanation placebo painkiller and tool for manipulating others

trying to talk sense into you is just like that yes

You are the one who makes no sense, no matter how many times it's explained to you...the same boring questions over and over, without comprehending a word...

You are the one who makes no sense, no matter how many times it's explained to you...the same boring questions over and over, without comprehending a word...

again your saying exactly how you make me feel

i get your trying to say god sets rules and punishments so that we will act in ways that benefit us instead of harming us

you don't seem to get that there's no harm to be saved from with an all powerful god unless it creates that harm in the 1st place and so all harm in that case would be arbitrary along with the methods of avoiding it

That is not what was said in the OP...Valery made it very clear...
i dont get that from reading the op seems to me what was being asked is if atheist believe there's a point to suffering some purpose it serves

By asking that stupid of a question, he absolutely was trying to insult atheists. All atheists think all suffering is meaningless? Total, unadulterated nonsense. Suffering has a meaning if it's done for something meaningful. If it's not, it isn't. It's not that complicated.

If he actually wanted to know what people think he would ask individuals instead of trying to pretend atheists are a big monolithic group with a single answer he already knows.

That is not what was said in the OP...Valery made it very clear...

She stated: suffering - without meaning or goal. I don't even know what that means.

By asking that stupid of a question, he absolutely was trying to insult atheists. All atheists think all suffering is meaningless? Total, unadulterated nonsense. Suffering has a meaning if it's done for something meaningful. If it's not, it isn't. It's not that complicated.

It's such a pathetic topic born from sheer ignorance that Valery can't even support what he's claimed/asked in post #1 with any kind of facts or data.
He/she refuses to define his terms or context in any fashion.

Proves from the start this thread is utter trash.

She stated: suffering - without meaning or goal. I don't even know what that means.

Right.

When asked more than once to define terms...he/she bailed like this thread was the Titanic.

Total and EPIC Fail of a thread.

:failpail:

Right.

When asked more than once to define terms...he/she bailed like this thread was the Titanic.

Total and EPIC Fail of a thread.

:failpail:

It's not very clear.

If he actually wanted to know what people think he would ask individuals instead of trying to pretend atheists are a big monolithic group with a single answer he already knows.
Um, I did ask individuals. You know, if I want to piss off the atheists here, I will. I don't need to go beating around the bush.:lamo

Um, I did ask individuals. You know, if I want to piss off the atheists here, I will. I don't need to go beating around the bush.:lamo

Name one atheist you've ever met in your entire life that has told you he or she believes all suffering is meaningless. Total nonsense and you know it is.

It's like asking "Can theists love or is it meaningless to them?" It's so stupid and incorrect that it's actually insulting.

You know, if I want to piss off the atheists here, I will.

Please.

Give it your best shot. Start a new thread with those exact intentions.

I bet you got nothing. Like all your other threads here recently.

It's such a pathetic topic born from sheer ignorance that Valery can't even support what he's claimed/asked in post #1 with any kind of facts or data.
He/she refuses to define his terms or context in any fashion.

Proves from the start this thread is utter trash.
Since when did questions need to be supported by "data"? :lamo

I don't mean other people's suffering in the sense that atheists were indifferent to the suffering of others. Rather I mean, is the suffering in itself — their own and that of others — without meaning or goal, from the point of view of atheists (or agnostics)?

This life is all there is so suffering means a whole bunch to me.

I don't mean other people's suffering in the sense that atheists were indifferent to the suffering of others. Rather I mean, is the suffering in itself — their own and that of others — without meaning or goal, from the point of view of atheists (or agnostics)?

I see you're quite new to this site. Do you plan to litter it with nothing but these sanctimonious piles of believer bull**** questions?

Please.

Give it your best shot. Start a new thread with those exact intentions.

I bet you got nothing. Like all your other threads here recently.
Yes, those other threads of mine haven't pissed you off either.... :lamo

Back
Top Bottom