• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Is defining Roe v Wade as a women's-rights issue transphobic?

How does supporting a woman's right to choose harm The Tranzez in any way whatsoever?

That is literally the question this thread is asking, which you notably did not answer. If it's just a fantasy and there's no truth to it, then just say it. Say that abortion is a women's rights issue.

Because it's not just one angry person in a car parking lot. The left-wing is increasingly unwilling to defend its sensible position on abortion on the grounds of womens rights because it might make The Tranzez sad. OK. You've made your choice about where your priorities are, and it's clearly not with women's rights.

It doesn't - the right are idiots

I did answer it, LOL. It's a stupid question.

This is simply untrue. It's a women's rights issue but it's a question of sex, not gender. It's the right crying about gender.

Just say you hate women. Jesus

It's a women's rights issue but

Stop. You dont need the "but." Just stop.

it's a question of sex, not gender. It's the right crying about gender.
Then why did you participate in the thread and talk at great lengths about The Tranzez? It affects biological women. If it's a dumb question then there's no need to qualify it.

Every time you do the "I support women's rights BUT..." routine you are proving OP's point and proving that it wasn't a dumb question.

Stop. You dont need the "but." Just stop.

Then why did you participate in the thread and talk at great lengths about The Tranzez?

Because that's what the thread is about. LOL!!!

No, it's a women's right's issue. It's not an issue for people who are female in their brain. It's an issue for people who are female in their pants. LOL!!!

Because that's what the thread is about. LOL!!!

No, it's a women's right's issue. It's not an issue for people who are female in their brain. It's an issue for people who are female in their pants. LOL!!!
"Birthing bodies right to choose" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it.

Some other lovely terms for women from the neckbeard incel brigade: "Vagina havers," "People who menstruate," and "Bleeders." Just lovely stuff, pretty much indistinguishable from how right-wing misogynists talk about women. Horseshoe theory seems to be proven right once again.

"Birthing bodies right to choose" doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it.

Some other lovely terms for women from the neckbeard incel brigade: "Vagina havers," "Menstruators," and "Bleeders." Just lovely stuff, pretty much indistinguishable from how right-wing misogynists talk about women. Horseshoe theory seems to be proven right once again.

This is made up. I am fine with saying women.

I love that you're a liberal. I love that liberals are right wing. I love you pretend to care about women but use it to shit on trans women. Nothing you said is true. I say 'women' referring to sex all the time.

This is made up. I am fine with saying women.
Then I don't know why you decided to waste an hour of my time arguing about literally nothing. Have a nice day.

Then I don't know why you decided to waste an hour of my time arguing about literally nothing. Have a nice day.

Because you picked a fight over bullshit, as all right wing people do. I never once said any of the nonsense you claimed. Like all right wing people, you decided to attack women by lying about what I believe

Because you picked a fight over bullshit, as all right wing people do.
*You* responded to *my* post.
I never once said any of the nonsense you claimed. Like all right wing people, you decided to attack women by lying about what I believe
In other words your position on the topic is exactly the same as mine. But when anyone besides you holds it, it's because they're an evil bigot. Mmmk. Bye bye now.

Sometimes I marvel at how self-destructive the fringe left is. Instead of sticking with "A woman's right to choose" - a good bumper sticker slogan that most people understood and agreed with - they've instead opted for "Birthing bodies deserve freedom."

Because literally everything has to be about chicks with dicks, and all other political issues must be viewed through the prism of how it affects chicks with dicks.

The anti-abortion crowd is winning for the simple reason that they wanted it more.

Much like the right, everything has to be dumbed down to catchy slogans and wedge issues. But the pro-abortion crowd will win this because they are more willing to do anything to get their way. And because you cant stop people from doing things with their bodies. Ultimately, its not enforceable.

Jesus Christ, what a wall of stupid shit.

So you don't think defining abortion as a woman's-right issue, when transmen can also get pregnant, could be offensive to transmen?

Hey, here's a transman explaining how calling abortion a women's-rights issue is exclusionary. Maybe you should get in touch with him and explain that he's talking shit.

So now, are you sure you and this random idiot you found on "https://ryanthea.medium.com/" aren't just making this up?

All saying the same thing, that defining abortion as a women's-rights issue is exclusionary.

I've been called a TERF, a fascist, a pedophile by people on this forum for defining a woman as a female, being told woman is a feeling and isn't related to biological sex.
Now those same people are defining abortion (that only females can have) as a women's-rights issue.

All saying the same thing, that defining abortion as a women's-rights issue is exclusionary.

Nevertheless abortion concerns uteruses. Yes there will be some voices who complain that their faction isn't getting a big enough airing on any issue. At least some members of the trans community will be affected more than others.

And to that point, the religious zealots of the supreme court will be coming after trans people too soon. I'm sure we'll hear more about it then.

One if the things that has surprised me about the Supreme Court decision over RvW is many progressives defining this as a women's-rights issue. Surely defining it as a women's-rights issue is transphobic against transmen, and possibly against transwomen for associating woman with female biological attributes.

This seems to go against their orthodoxy, which is that being a woman is an identity not based on biology, that males can be women, and men can get pregnant. If men and women can get pregnant, then it can't be a women's-rights issue.

I also fail to see any significant difference between what JK Rowling said - that people who menstruate are women, and what progressives are now saying - that pregnancy is a women's-rights issue. Yet Rowling was bombarded with rape and death threats.
This is why the right gets away with anything.

The left can't keep their ****ing eyes on the ball.

This is why the right gets away with anything.

The left can't keep their ****ing eyes on the ball.
Completely agree. The fact that some left-wing groups (including, most disappointingly, Planned Parenthood Action) now consider it bigoted to talk about "women's rights" is a sign of very deep rot within these movements. On some level I wonder if maybe they've just given up and don't want to win this battle. Their actions and rhetoric are not those of people who are trying to win and think they are going to win.

Not to be outdone, the ACLU decided to list all the groups they believe would be disproportionately harmed by an abortion ban. Notably, they forgot women. :confused:

Not to be outdone, the ACLU decided to list all the groups they believe would be disproportionately harmed by an abortion ban. Notably, they forgot women. :confused:

You'd have to be a real moron to not know that in each case they are talking about women..... Everyone disadvantaged by this is a woman. This is about hating women

Back
Top Bottom