• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Iraqi General - WMD were moved to Syria

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
No transcript up yet since the interview just happened on H&C on Fox. Former Air Vice Minister of the Iraqi Air Force and one of Saddam's most trusted military advisors stated tonight that indeed they had WMD and those weapons were moved to Syria in multiple sorties and truck convoys prior to the invasion and that they actively engaged in hiding evidence of the WMD programs from the UN inspectors.

Even Bob Bechel sitting in for Combs seemed mighty convinced.

Here is a link to his book.

http://gordondouglas.ambassadoragency.com/client_profile.cfm/cid/1225

Add this to the mounting confirmation of the terrorist training camps.

Both of which confirm what we knew, both this administration and the Clinton administration, and two of the reasons we removed Saddam.

Still against the war? The war still not justified?
 

LeftyHenry

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
12
Location
New York City
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Stinger my ignorant friend, this story is just another conspracy theory. It has less credibility than 2000 election fraud. This is just another attempt to cover up conservative blunders.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Che said:
Stinger my ignorant friend.................
Che, if take your invectives and...............

If you have something of substance to say, if you can rebut the issue, then try again else don't bother and have not time for childishness.
 

LeftyHenry

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
12
Location
New York City
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Stinger said:
Che, if take your invectives and...............

If you have something of substance to say, if you can rebut the issue, then try again else don't bother and have not time for childishness.
Yes please let's not be childish and stop citing conspiracy theories.
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2005
Messages
1,670
Reaction score
17
Location
Ohio
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
There is already a thread about this. As I said in that thread, the ISG concluded that Saddam destroyed his weapons stockpiles in 1991. Just because an Iraqi war profiteer says that weapons were moved doesn't make it true. He wants to sell books and weedle money from the U.S. government. Until he presents solid evidence to back up his claims I'm with the ISG on this one.
 

LeftyHenry

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
12
Location
New York City
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
KCConservative said:
See the rules page, my friend.
Please, I've heard worse... besides this isn't the conspiracy theory forum
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I just saw him on Fox and he sounded very convincing he was a 2 star general and supervisor of the entire Iraqi Airforce so he would have been in a position to know if the WMD had been transferred to Syria, he says that three 727's (I think) were converted into transport carriers that flew 56 sorties to deliver the WMD stockpiles to Damascus, Syria.
 

LeftyHenry

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
12
Location
New York City
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Trajan Octavian Titus said:
I just saw him on Fox and he sounded very convincing he was a 2 star general and supervisor of the entire Iraqi Airforce so he would have been in a position to know if the WMD had been transferred to Syria, he says that three 727's (I think) were converted into transport carriers that flew 56 sorties to deliver the WMD stockpiles to Damascus, Syria.
Let's think about this logically. What intrest does Syria have in being sanctioned by the entire UN.
 
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
20,915
Reaction score
546
Location
We can't stop here this is bat country!
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Che said:
Let's think about this logically. What intrest does Syria have in being sanctioned by the entire UN.
Yes let's look at this logically, Iraq and Syria were allies and both were controlled by the ba'athist regime. Is it really that far of a stretch that Syria would want to help out their ally while at the same time making the U.S. look bad?
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Until and unless all of the WMD are accounted for, this will remain an open question. Personally, I am unconvinced that Saddam did not play a part in 9/11 because the al-Ani/Atta connection has never been adequately rebutted.
 

VTA

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 5, 2005
Messages
1,081
Reaction score
163
Location
America
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Che said:
Let's think about this logically. What intrest does Syria have in being sanctioned by the entire UN.
Well considering that sanctions were utterly useless in keeping Sadaam on the straight and narrow, what does Syria have to fear? Sanctions are nothing more than 'the next logical step' in maintaining a diplomatic face on the path to the inevitable. Iran's not scared of sanctions. Syria isn't. No one is.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Che said:
Let's think about this logically. What intrest does Syria have in being sanctioned by the entire UN.
UN sanctions were/are a joke. Let's think about this logically, Syria had seen how the sanctions against Iraq had failed, why would they be worried about UN sanctions against themselves?
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Missouri Mule said:
Until and unless all of the WMD are accounted for, this will remain an open question.
Which is why when asking a person opposed to the war are asked "well what happen to the WMD he admitted he had and the UN confirmed he had" they cannot answer. AND we were suppose to know, Saddam was required to tell us and he didn't.

Personally, I am unconvinced that Saddam did not play a part in 9/11 because the al-Ani/Atta connection has never been adequately rebutted.
Which has nothing to do with WMD.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Stinger said:
Which is why when asking a person opposed to the war are asked "well what happen to the WMD he admitted he had and the UN confirmed he had" they cannot answer. AND we were suppose to know, Saddam was required to tell us and he didn't.

Which has nothing to do with WMD.
Actually it does. Saddam was a master practitioner of deception. If he had connections to 9/11, the al-Ani matter would conceivably address the origin of the anthrax that happened after 9/11. Weaponized anthrax is considered by most rational people to be part of WMD.

I suggest that you reread the history of this matter. You can start here.

http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/2002question/prague.htm
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Che said:
Please, I've heard worse... besides this isn't the conspiracy theory forum
The rules apply to the conspiracy forum and all forums except the basement.
 

Stinger

DP Veteran
Joined
May 3, 2005
Messages
15,097
Reaction score
537
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Missouri Mule said:
Actually it does. Saddam was a master practitioner of deception. If he had connections to 9/11, the al-Ani matter would conceivably address the origin of the anthrax that happened after 9/11. Weaponized anthrax is considered by most rational people to be part of WMD.

I suggest that you reread the history of this matter. You can start here.

http://www.edwardjayepstein.com/2002question/prague.htm
Sorry I make a distinction between the 9/11 attack and the anthrax attack afterwards. Yes concievably Saddam could have had a hand in those anthrax attacks. I have read much on them in a while, AFAIK the origin of the anthrax has never been completely confirmed. And yes Saddams weaponized anthrax and other biologicals he had are WMD. We don't know for sure but I would not be surprised to see more confirmations coming out of the documents we are investigating.
 

LeftyHenry

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
12
Location
New York City
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
VTA said:
Well considering that sanctions were utterly useless
Yes of course. Not being able to trade with the richest country and most oil thirsty country doesn't really matter, does it?
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Che said:
Yes of course. Not being able to trade with the richest country and most oil thirsty country doesn't really matter, does it?
For one country, it didn't matter for over a decade...

I guess it helps when you have the intrnational community making backroom deals and avoiding the sanctions......
 

ProudAmerican

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 13, 2005
Messages
2,694
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
surprisingly, not many of the anti war folks are participating in this thread.

:doh
 

cherokee

Devil Dog
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
7,486
Reaction score
789
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
ProudAmerican said:
surprisingly, not many of the anti war folks are participating in this thread.

:doh
My question to him (ex Iraq general) would be why did he wait until the book deal to tell everyone?
We can only wait and see what the US investigators come up with
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
cherokee said:
My question to him (ex Iraq general) would be why did he wait until the book deal to tell everyone?
We can only wait and see what the US investigators come up with
That's a valid point. It may yet turn out to be yet another dry hole but one thing we can be certain of and that is the WMD have never been accounted for. We are to believe by some that Saddam just had his minions pour out the biological and chemical agents on the ground and make no written records. That is not in keeping with the Stalinist regime that he ran. Time will tell.
 

LeftyHenry

DP Veteran
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
1,896
Reaction score
12
Location
New York City
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
ProudAmerican said:
surprisingly, not many of the anti war folks are participating in this thread.

:doh
Because we all know that it's just another Fox News conspiracy theory.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Missouri Mule said:
And you know that for a fact, or are you just pulling our legs?
Don't sweat it, Mule. It's just one of those liberal catch-phrases they use when backed into a corner. "If it came from Fox it can't be true." :slapme:
 
Top Bottom