• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Internet Trolls...

How can you grow if you avoid a problem? "It isn't the healthy that need a doctor."
We can only do so much and then it becomes such a thing as beating a dead horse...if Jehovah doesn't make it grow, no one can...

"I planted, Apollos watered, but God kept making it grow, so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God who makes it grow." 1 Corinthians 3:6

Problem is defining a Troll.
I see it as just an ugly name some people call other people. You're a racist, you're leftist, you're a troll.

Debate tends to fall apart when we call names.

I see it as just an ugly name some people call other people. You're a racist, you're leftist, you're a troll.

Debate tends to fall apart when we call names.
Those who call other folks trolls may well be ones themselves, so debate is of no interest to them.

I also find it disingenuous that people who state that they don't believe in anything spiritual use spiritual moral terms like 'good & evil.'
I try to use the language of my debate partner, as much as possible. If he wants to talk about evil, I'll use the word 'evil' when communicating with him.

Anyway, "good" and "evil" aren't the property of any particular person. They can mean all sorts of non-spiritual stuff.

Isn't that running away from the problem instead of confronting it in a graceful manner?
It's awfully easy to convince yourself that you're ignoring a guy because he's a troll... when actually he is just a better debater, and you don't know how to answer his arguments.

So I never ignore anyone.

I don't trust my mind. It's devious.

We can only do so much and then it becomes such a thing as beating a dead horse...if Jehovah doesn't make it grow, no one can...
But a propagandist will say the same thing, yes?

If he can't successfully preach his truth, he stops engaging.

But a propagandist will say the same thing, yes?

If he can't successfully preach his truth, he stops engaging.
Was Noah unsuccessful, even though no one but his own family listened to him? No, of course not...he was successful because he was obedient...he did just so...

"And Noah did according to all that God had commanded him. He did just so." Genesis 6:22

Christian Internet Troll:

1) one who bombards threads and members (regardless of faith) with cut-n-paste bible verses
2) one who bombards threads and members (regardless of faith) with cut-n-paste paragraphs from highly cult-like organizations
3) one who bombards threads and members (regardless of faith) with cut-n-paste biblical memes
4) one who posts sanctimonious, snide, and arrogant comments
5) one who insists most other christians are "wrong"
6) one who insists those who "don't get it, must not be smart enough to get it"
7) one who insists they themselves know exactly what god/jehovah means and thinks

Is that a good start to the defining of Christian Internet Trolls @Elora ?

Was Noah unsuccessful, even though no one but his own family listened to him? No, of course not...he was successful because he was obedient...he did just so...

"And Noah did according to all that God had commanded him. He did just so." Genesis 6:22
I feel sure there was no Noah and no worldwide flood.

And I think lots of people are obedient to gods they make up in their heads.

I feel sure there was no Noah and no worldwide flood.

And I think lots of people are obedient to gods they make up in their heads.
So, why are you in theology?

Isn't that running away from the problem instead of confronting it in a graceful manner?
If someone cant be civil to me, whether discussing a hot button topic or last years football, i have no need to have further discourse with them

I do this for PLEASURE and fun

The ignore button keeps my experiences the way i want them

If you want to categorize that as running away....i will agree to disagree

My father would have categorized it as stopping a major fight before it ever happened....one of his major life lessons that i heed still today 50+ years later

My father would have categorized it as stopping a major fight before it ever happened....one of his major life lessons that i heed still today 50+ years later
Some people come to forums like this to learn. We can't do that if we refuse to engage.

Dunno....not looking for the answers here on a debate board though
Written debate is the best way I've ever found, so far as learning stuff. (And, yeah, I have a college degree.)

Some people come to forums like this to learn. We can't do that if we refuse to engage.
Some are too negative and bitter to engage even on the lightest of topics. That is still no need to ignore them. I see it as case studies. How far are they willing to go? It is up to me to observe and keep on smiling.

Dunno....not looking for the answers here on a debate board though
I learned a lot, even from those with whom I disagree most often.

Some are too negative and bitter to engage even on the lightest of topics. That is still no need to ignore them. I see it as case studies. How far are they willing to go? It is up to me to observe and keep on smiling.
Yeah, one can learn a whole bunch about the human mind in a place like this. I wouldn't think of putting anyone on Ignore. It's too much fun to watch them.

Christian Internet Troll:

1) one who bombards threads and members (regardless of faith) with cut-n-paste bible verses
2) one who bombards threads and members (regardless of faith) with cut-n-paste paragraphs from highly cult-like organizations
3) one who bombards threads and members (regardless of faith) with cut-n-paste biblical memes
4) one who posts sanctimonious, snide, and arrogant comments
5) one who insists most other christians are "wrong"
6) one who insists those who "don't get it, must not be smart enough to get it"
7) one who insists they themselves know exactly what god/jehovah means and thinks

Is that a good start to the defining of Christian Internet Trolls @Elora ?
That is some angry stuff.

Back
Top Bottom