• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inspired by Canadian Truck Protests, 'People's Convoy' Heads to Washington

Well we'll see what happens, but our police aren't as nice as the Canadians.
Some people here talked about tyranny and Nazism and God-knows-what-all but those truckers disrupted hundreds of lives for weeks and there's not another country in the world where the authorities are that patient and tolerant. Or that lenient.

I just hope the Americans have the sense to be more inclusive with their protest.

I found the lack of diversity on display in Ottawa to be truly disgusting.

89196497.jpg

palminder-singh-trucker-protest-edit-700x420.jpg

Some people here talked about tyranny and Nazism and God-knows-what-all but those truckers disrupted hundreds of lives for weeks and there's not another country in the world where the authorities are that patient and tolerant. Or that lenient.
They also disrupted boarder security and interfered with international trade. Things that our government would be far less happy about.

Did you forget about Portland?

I don't seem to recall you denouncing those protesters who held a portion of Portland under siege for months.

Confederate flag scum always advertise themselves as something else. In the US, it was "Unite the Right Rally". In Canada, it was "Trucker Protest Convoy". In both cases, the advertisement was a lie and it was a racist rally of a few dozen people.

The Canadian scum has been condemned by the Canadian national truckers organization (not a union).
Wasn't
They also disrupted boarder security and interfered with international trade. Things that our government would be far less happy about.
It was allowed to go on far too long. In a legitimate protest everyone goes home at 5:00 to see if they got on-camera on the six o'clock news. Those idiots were like your neighbour's stupid dog who started barking at a squirrel this morning and has been barking ever since.

The government and various truckers organizations condemned the "freedom convoy".

The "freedom convoy" represent only scum.

Several trucking groups have also condemned the protests. The Canadian Trucking Alliance says nearly 85 per cent of drivers are fully vaccinated. Just before the convoy was about to kick off, the group said it "strongly disapproves of any protests on public roadways, highways, and bridges." The Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association has also urged its drivers not to participate.

Millian says people and groups uninvolved with the trucking industry have "grabbed on" to the movement. He's also encouraging the drivers involved in the convoy to speak up against the escalating rhetoric.

"There's a lot of men and women out there who have worked hard throughout this entire pandemic to keep our shelves stocked are essential supplies where you need them, including some that will be in this convoy. But we're losing our message here if we're associated with this kind of language, and it's tarnishing the image of the entire industry," he said.

That's 2 national truckers organizations condemning the "protest".

Did you forget about Portland?

I don't seem to recall you denouncing those protesters who held a portion of Portland under siege for months.
You completely missed my point. I was talking about the tolerance shown by the authorities.
And I'm not responsible for your memory loss, nor can I be arsed to root around in the archives to show you my posts from that long ago.

The government and various truckers organizations condemned the "freedom convoy".

The "freedom convoy" represent only scum.

That's 2 national truckers organizations condemning the "protest".
How did that happen? I was going to reply to you about how odd that confederate flag thing was, changed my mind and thought I had scrolled all the way back, wiping out the reply.
My bad.

How did that happen? I was going to reply to you about how odd that confederate flag thing was, changed my mind and thought I had scrolled all the way back, wiping out the reply.
My bad.

No worries. Happy to supply a citation for you, even if you didn't mean to ask for one.

Wasn't

It was allowed to go on far too long. In a legitimate protest everyone goes home at 5:00 to see if they got on-camera on the six o'clock news. Those idiots were like your neighbour's stupid dog who started barking at a squirrel this morning and has been barking ever since.

Trudeau should have met with the protesters and stopped his devisive rhetoric. There was nothing preventing him from being a decent leader who for once could be reasonable rather than a partisan hardline shill.

Instead he brought the hammer down on them.

They'd still need to be towed. Might as well just skip straight to that.

I feel as if you are not getting into the festive nature of this event.

Trudeau should have met with the protesters and stopped his devisive rhetoric. There was nothing preventing him from being a decent leader who for once could be reasonable rather than a partisan hardline shill.

Instead he brought the hammer down on them.

"Trudeau should have bargained with terrorists."

It feels like just yesterday that you guys were on about what a wimp he was. Now he's a slavering authoritarian monster. Make up your mind.

I feel as if you are not getting into the festive nature of this event.
I mostly just want it dealt with. I don't want to be stuck in gridlock because some truck drivers bought into faux vaccine disinformation.

I mostly just want it dealt with. I don't want to be stuck in gridlock because some truck drivers bought into faux vaccine disinformation.

But since that's going to happen anyway, we may as well put the boot in.

Well we'll see what happens, but our police aren't as nice as the Canadians.
Neither are our citzens. We saw what Truedo did, dont think that will be tolerated here.

Neither are our citzens. We saw what Truedo did, dont think that will be tolerated here.

Yeah, that's because we have different laws.

But there's more than one way to skin a cat.

...He said, taking a short break from screeching about Mexicans and CRT.

... He said, while comparing the Christian right to ISIS.

Back
Top Bottom