• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Insights Into Western Propaganda Vis A Vis Ukraine Part 1

The headline

Putin warned his military 'f*** up' in Ukraine will leave Russia defenceless against UK​

No citation is given for the headline. So it might be true it might not. But that's your first clue

Then we are treated to the hysterical notion that Russia, with its 6000 nukes is somehow , if things go wrong in Ukraine, " defenceless against the UK"........... No comment necessary

Then we learn that the " chemical weapons expert", Hamish De Bretton-Gordon, is an " ex army officer". Which is true but what they never told anyone was that he additionally commanded NATO's Rapid Reaction CBRN Battalion between 2005 and 2007.

So in short, he is a rabid hawk that was embedded into the NATO command structure that is calling for the an outside Ukrainian air space NATO enforced no fly zone where we could " engage Russian jets from well outside the Ukraine airspace. "

Like as though the Russians would just say " Hey, they fired from Polish airspace so we won't respond to the 10 Russian jets they just shot down"

This is the insane and jingoist tripe that is making up the MSM commentary.

Be mindful of this push for a NATO enforced no fly zone because that's what these crazies are pushing for and that's when a localozed disaster could easily engulf the entire region, and inded the world, into a catastrophic apocalyptic war. What seemed fringe and crazy last week might be considered with more justo next week

I have noticed that British media is the biggest fake news factory when it comes to Ukraine. If you pay attention you will notice that the most hysterical and wildest headlines are from the British media. Maybe the Ukrainian media is worse, I cannot tell since I dont speak Ukrainian. But as far as english media goes the Brits take the cake

Nuclear retaliation? That triggers a nuclear response from the U.S.? He'd have to be insane, or stupid. Conventional retaliation is entirely expected and given what we've seen of Russia's military, we'd roll them.

So you engage in Russia in a conventional war in the expectation that it does not go nuclear?

I have noticed that British media is the biggest fake news factory when it comes to Ukraine. If you pay attention you will notice that the most hysterical and wildest headlines are from the British media. Maybe the Ukrainian media is worse, I cannot tell since I dont speak Ukrainian. But as far as english media goes the Brits take the cake

Well I live here and it drives me nuts lol

great exchange between Chomsky and Andy Marr

Back
Top Bottom