• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Information for Calif liberals

It doesn’t even bear on the thesis.

All the darkest colored states are merged in a block, suggestive of but not proof of causative relationship. Eight orange states, the next darkest, border them or other orange states, excepting two strays, Maine and Nevada. Assuming density of refineries accounts for the higher cancer rates in these linked states, the map merely tells us that the higher cancer rates in Nevada and Maine are due to other causes, of which, with cancer, there are many. This is an interesting map.
But TEXAS should be almost black, if not dark dark dark brown.

Last edited:
The rates don’t correlate perfectly but they correlate approximately, and likely enough to effect this map. Health care might be an answer. Obesity is another cancer causative that is especially high in at least some of these states. The map is suggestive enough of something to merit looking into.

Yes. Better health care. Also the relationship between poverty and health care.

Not necessarily. The point is the map is suspicious, not that it’s dispositive.

There’s so many Texas refineries I don’t think you can count them all. Add all the NGL and Condy Refineries while you’re at it.

I honestly cannot think of any liberal that’s complained about high gas prices. That would be like me complaining there are too many guns in Texas.
Liberals complain about that, too. :lamo

FYI Calif liberals, here in Lincoln Ne the price of gas is $1.99, and my son in Okla say it is $1.75. So how much is your gas in your liberal tax and spend paradise? Dont you think it may be time to vote out all the tax and spenders you have in your Legis????????

BTW good luck is coming your way, I hear the loony Gov moombeam is not running again.
Off-brand regular was $2.25 yesterday in San Diego.

FYI Calif liberals, here in Lincoln Ne the price of gas is $1.99, and my son in Okla say it is $1.75. So how much is your gas in your liberal tax and spend paradise? Dont you think it may be time to vote out all the tax and spenders you have in your Legis????????

BTW good luck is coming your way, I hear the loony Gov moombeam is not running again.

The wholesale prices are about the same, we just have more taxes added. It would not be so bad if they spent road taxes on roads, but padding piblic retirement budgets with road money is third world theft.

I dont think Newsome is clever enough to pull off the stuff Brown did. Newsome has zero successful administrative experience, except mayor of San Francisco. His business ventures were all padded by the Getty fortune.

Here in the Golden State, there are two kinds of liberals.

First, there are wealthy liberals who don't care about a few extra cents for gasoline.

Second, there are many poor liberals who want the government to pay everything for them (e.g., university tuition).

Both kinds of liberals expect the wealthy to pay for all these goodies.

Little by little, however, the non-liberal wealthy will leave California.

The burden of providing for poor liberals will then fall upon the rich liberals, who will eventually decide to get out of the state, too.

Sadly, it's true: There is no such thing as a free lunch.

First, there are wealthy liberals who don't care about a few extra cents for gasoline.

Second, there are many poor liberals who want the government to pay everything for them (e.g., university tuition).

The burden of providing for poor liberals will then fall upon the rich liberals, who will eventually decide to get out of the state, too.

Good points. And let's not forget the scrambling going on in Sacramento to protect those wealthy liberals from having to pay their "fair share" of state and local taxes that Trump's "tax cuts for the rich" are going to force them to pay. Massive hypocrisy there.

Nah. That's utter bull****. There are all kinds of liberals.

Sadly, it's true. People have to make things up in order to feel better about themselves.

Dream on. Most of the developed world is more liberal than California. Does fine. True, a lot of Californians leave for that right-wing bastion, Oregon, and will soon turn Arizona more liberal. But we like the policies the liberals put in place. That’s why we elect them. The state is not without problems, chief among them income distribution and housing. And don’t get me started on how LA never should have been put there as such a large city, but we still represent the future in many ways.

If you don't like it leave....Last checked California has the world's 6th largest economy....Only old white people with NO tech skills are leaving...Good Riddance

And over all Calif if BILLIONS in debt. In Nebr we have no debt.

Nebraska has less than 2 million people. Calif. has 39 million people that requires a lot of money to

bribe the capitalist to bring jobs and then profits not be taxed even then.

Your problem is you don't know what 'liberal' means, so you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
Don't let that stop you though. Don't let it slow you down atall, even. Just keep on beaking off. It allows us all to remember that you don't know what you're talking about so we don't mistakenly take anything you say seriously.

You are 100% right, and that is very sad.

I agree to a certain extent, not about California’s social or economic policies, but to the extent that the future sees a greater gap between rich and poor, with workers commuting long distances to low paying service jobs and housing prices continuing to rise.

We all drive Priuses or electric cars.:lamo

If it runs out of gas, we can run it on coconut water or kale juice.

So it's clear that you have no earthly idea what drives gasoline prices.
HINT: It's not liberal or conservative politics.

By the way, I last filled up my own car seven weeks ago. My daughter last filled up her car a month ago.
Total cost to fill up: 31 dollars, whoop de doo. (Nine gallon fuel tank capacity)

We both have Chevy Volts and I also have a Prius. The only "gas guzzler" in the family is my wife's 2017 Pacifica, and that 5400 pound beast gets between 24 and 28 miles per gallon at 75 mph on the freeway. It's not the plug-in hybrid because it's a handicap accessible van so the dropped floor is where the battery packs would have been, otherwise it would be getting around 45 mpg instead.

So my point is, why would $3.47/gallon gasoline prices bother us? If you're getting your gas for $1.75 in Oklahoma and 1.99 in NE, be happy, but you're still spending a lot more on fuel than most Californians are.
Two of my neighbors both just bought those brand new lower priced Teslas.
They don't even know what a gas station is for, except to get a Slurpee or a quick coffee.

And our new Governor is Gavin Newsom, who will be sworn in as the 40th Governor of California on January 7, 2019. His Republican challenger, John Cox, only got 36 percent of the vote.
That would indicate to people like you that Californians overwhelmingly prefer a Democratic governor.

So, Logical1, what was your point?
Are you excited about only having to spend 75 bucks to fill up instead of a hundred and twenty?

That's funny. Here in Minnesota we've had a Democratic governor for the last 8 years, gas is 1.95 a gallon and there's a large budget surplus.. Your premise was what again?

You guys have a lot of the super cheap E85 up there. Funny thing is, about half the year you guys are only going about 45 mph tops and mostly 25-35 in town because of the winter weather, and a lot of you are driving old beaters to boot and keeping your shiny and pretty cars under a tarp till spring thaw.

Despite the brutal winters, I still do miss living in Minneapolis. It was a long long time ago but I was a young man and I got treated VERY well by all those lovely Minnesota girls back then. They were so sweet. My wife and I went back there again in 2005 for the National Veterans Wheelchair Games and she gold medaled in three track events. It was summertime and she did admit that she understands why I rave all the time about how beautiful the Twin Cities are, but she is 100% correct about how difficult it would have been for her to get around in the winter.

So here we are in Los Angeles, California, where it never snows. But we're happy.
What part of MN are you in, if I may ask?

You guys have a lot of the super cheap E85 up there. Funny thing is, about half the year you guys are only going about 45 mph tops and mostly 25-35 in town because of the winter weather, and a lot of you are driving old beaters to boot and keeping your shiny and pretty cars under a tarp till spring thaw.

Despite the brutal winters, I still do miss living in Minneapolis. It was a long long time ago but I was a young man and I got treated VERY well by all those lovely Minnesota girls back then. They were so sweet. My wife and I went back there again in 2005 for the National Veterans Wheelchair Games and she gold medaled in three track events. It was summertime and she did admit that she understands why I rave all the time about how beautiful the Twin Cities are, but she is 100% correct about how difficult it would have been for her to get around in the winter.

So here we are in Los Angeles, California, where it never snows. But we're happy.
What part of MN are you in, if I may ask?

I'm just down here in the cities. Columbia Heights, about 4 blocks north of Minneapolis. Wouldn't be anywhere else, and most of the winter roads are fine if a little rough.

So it's clear that you have no earthly idea what drives gasoline prices.
HINT: It's not liberal or conservative politics.

By the way, I last filled up my own car seven weeks ago. My daughter last filled up her car a month ago.
Total cost to fill up: 31 dollars, whoop de doo. (Nine gallon fuel tank capacity)

We both have Chevy Volts and I also have a Prius. The only "gas guzzler" in the family is my wife's 2017 Pacifica, and that 5400 pound beast gets between 24 and 28 miles per gallon at 75 mph on the freeway. It's not the plug-in hybrid because it's a handicap accessible van so the dropped floor is where the battery packs would have been, otherwise it would be getting around 45 mpg instead.

So my point is, why would $3.47/gallon gasoline prices bother us? If you're getting your gas for $1.75 in Oklahoma and 1.99 in NE, be happy, but you're still spending a lot more on fuel than most Californians are.
Two of my neighbors both just bought those brand new lower priced Teslas.
They don't even know what a gas station is for, except to get a Slurpee or a quick coffee.

And our new Governor is Gavin Newsom, who will be sworn in as the 40th Governor of California on January 7, 2019. His Republican challenger, John Cox, only got 36 percent of the vote.
That would indicate to people like you that Californians overwhelmingly prefer a Democratic governor.

So, Logical1, what was your point?
Are you excited about only having to spend 75 bucks to fill up instead of a hundred and twenty?

Our local mall (only has one "anchor store"- so not a huge mall) just installed 12 electric charging stations. Most supermarkets in the area have charging stations. Our one indoor parking garage has multiple charging stations. Our communities are supporting electrics.

I have one car - a Prius. I can go 500 plus on a tank. Now, I have no need for a major utility vehicle, but it has gone to the mountains, dealt with the snow and I packed it with over 30 bags of ground cover bark (yeah, I was too impatient to wait for free delivery in 3 days.:lamo) To each his need. But I like not filling up the tank but every month or so.

My outdoorsman brother (too sick to drive so he is stuck with me driving him on errands) calls my car a "California Vagina Car" but after seeing what it can do, he just calls it that to needle me, not to insult the car.:lamo

Was in Nebraska once...Cold, windy and desolate....Mostly strip malls , chain restaurants selling fattening food, to overweight citizens...Hope to never step foot there again, now I just fly over it...Cheap gas or no, at 35,000 feet that place looks awful

Back
Top Bottom