• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation, inflation, inflation - - OK righties, what, exactly, would you do to address this?

As, across the country, this seems to be their #1 talking point, I've yet to hear what they believe they could do to stem this problem that is affecting all nations across the world.

Indeed, when seen through this international lens, the United States is doing significantly better than most other countries.

So other than braying endlessly about this in every local, state and federal election, I'm waiting for some tangible, practical suggestions on how this can or should be addressed.

Inflation is caused by too much money chasing too few goods. We should cut government sector spending, and increase supply. Or, we could let the Fed continue to cut private sector spending.

Bro the number in this chart for the US is from March of 2020.

Sorry to break this to you, but I don't much care whether you believe me or not.

Then why are you posting here, and continuing to respond to me?
It's been my observation that you're excessively partisan and would never acknowledge a point that refutes one of your policy views.

You've observed totally wrong. I have admitted to being wrong an several occasions on DP. I simply need the evidence to show me where I'm wrong. You've failed to provide any.
So by all means, "disregard" what I say. It doesn't bother me and, truth be told, your irrational resistance to it only helps my argument with those who are more open minded.
laugh.gif

You don't get to pretend that this outcome was unavoidable when the right warned everyone this is where we were headed and the left choose to ignore those warnings and mock those those who have been ringing the alarm.

The left made this mess and now they need to sit down and shut up while the adults clean up their mess. Except they won't. They will fight what needs to done, tooth and nail, every step of the way.
I don't recall many on the right arguing this when Trump was tossing out money, and demanding more.

As near as I can tell, this article contains no GOP criticism of Trump's massive spending (and calls for even more, right up to the election) whatsoever. Can you point it out to me?
Fair enough I guess but my point is that the top were pushing for things to avoid more spending.

I don't think you will find anything beyond maybe a stray like Rand Paul who is going to speak out against spending by their party.

Back
Top Bottom