• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Inflation Appears to have Peaked

Yep, at least it’s a dip. The question is: what caused it? If it’s a drop in consumer spending, because folks simply can’t afford the current prices, then that may not be good news.

Not to mention, consumer credit cards are MAXED out, while trying to survive. Add higher rates to those maxed out CCs and ordinary non-elitiest folks are totally screwed. How long can folks endure this before they crack? (is the million dollar question)

Not to mention, consumer credit cards are MAXED out, while trying to survive. Add higher rates to those maxed out CCs and ordinary non-elitiest folks are totally screwed. How long can folks endure this before they crack? (is the million dollar question)

That’s a trap best avoided.

Looking at the nominal prices of a few goods doesn't tell you anything, in fact it demonstrates that you don't understand what inflation actually is.
Don't feel bad, the economic community doesn't understand what inflation is either. Hence all the confusion in the public.

On Wednesday the five-year breakeven inflation rate fell to 2.48 percent. (The rate is the spread between ordinary interest rates and the interest rates on bonds that are protected against rising prices; it is therefore an implicit forecast of future inflation.)

The wholesale price of gasoline has fallen about 80 cents a gallon since its peak a month ago.

The cost of rents are down.

Shipping costs are down.

Mortgage rates have soared, which will reduce overall spending.

On the other hand, employment remains strong. (You can't talk about economics without an, "on the other hand...")
yup .....I hate it when the Democrats have a good economy.......don't you

On Wednesday the five-year breakeven inflation rate fell to 2.48 percent. (The rate is the spread between ordinary interest rates and the interest rates on bonds that are protected against rising prices; it is therefore an implicit forecast of future inflation.)

The wholesale price of gasoline has fallen about 80 cents a gallon since its peak a month ago.

Shipping costs are down.

On the other hand, employment remains strong. (You can't talk about economics without an, "on the other hand...")

That goddamn Biden!!! He's RUINING MAGA plans!!!!!!!!!!
Somebody do SOMETHING to mess it up again!!!!

HaironFire (2019_02_27 17_41_55 UTC).jpg

Don't feel bad, the economic community doesn't understand what inflation is either. Hence all the confusion in the public.
imo the public is not confused.......those of us with an education and business experience understand exactly.......but people who watch Fox news all the time only understand what they are told

The point of the post is actually that the runaway inflation narrative has collapsed.

Yup and that's bad news for MAGA because they desperately needed to sell the idea of Murrikin filling up wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread.

To assert that rents which are up 9% to 12% from last year (per your link) are down is dishonest. An obese person who didn’t gain quite as much weigh this month as they did last month doesn’t weigh any less.

Shipping costs are down.

That's really bad news for the party of insurrection and traitors.

Inflation may have peeked but so has job growth, especially in the high paying tech sector. Similar to Jimmy Carter's dysfuntional economy of early 80s we're being set up for prolong bouts of stagflation.

The point of the post is actually that the runaway inflation narrative has collapsed.
I suspect people don't see "runaway inflation" as "constantly rising inflation", but, rather, as "sustained high inflation".

They have?? They are still $799 at Walmart.
I bought mine last month at gamestop and fortunately i build up quite the collection every generation so traded in down to $400 and got rid of a bunch of old stuff.

Be aware though the PS 5 is one bulky system.

Yup and that's bad news for MAGA because they desperately needed to sell the idea of Murrikin filling up wheelbarrows full of cash to buy a loaf of bread.
I really couldn't give a crap about MAGA, but if Democrats want to run this fall scoffing that Americans who think they are still suffering from inflation are uneducated rube idiots.....

.....well, that's a strategy, I suppose.

13D22068-3B12-4D0E-9565-853307A7CEC0.jpeg

Really bulky :p

Dang. I'm holding out hope I can get one for my wife for Christmas.
I would still always keep looking and i think you will be able to accomplish that goal. I think the big selling point point for this will be games and VR.

Oooh. Good call. I think this year I'll "get my wife" a new rifle :D

😁 My wife is more into video games than I am. She has really been wanting to play Bloodborne and Elden Ring. I prefer social table-top RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder.

😁 My wife is more into video games than I am. She has really been wanting to play Bloodborne and Elden Ring. I prefer social table-top RPGs like Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder.
Bloodborne (though thats a ps4 game) has been my favorite lovecraftian horror game. There is also a fan made ps1 demake.

I really couldn't give a crap about MAGA, but if Democrats want to run this fall scoffing that Americans who think they are still suffering from inflation are uneducated rube idiots.....

.....well, that's a strategy, I suppose.

This is a slap at the MAGA spin doctors.
Is slapping spin doctors too PC now?

Your gurus make a fortune doing it to us. It's all MAGA knows.
This reeks of cancel culture...

1658468103886.png

imo the public is not confused.......those of us with an education and business experience understand exactly.......but people who watch Fox news all the time only understand what they are told
That was funny. I'm amazed at the nonsense people who don't know anything about me invent things. It is part of what makes politics entertaining.

I suspect people don't see "runaway inflation" as "constantly rising inflation", but, rather, as "sustained high inflation".
What is running away in sustained high inflation?

constantly rising does fit runaway far better grammatically.

Back
Top Bottom