• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Immigration Demonstration

Will Demonstrations hurt their cause?

• Yes

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • NO

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
Re: Immigration Demostration

Che said:
That's totally false. Arguing from a capitalist perspective, I'd say "Illegals" are much more helpful than harmful. "Illegals" are the sole and only reason why products can remain cheap in America. Without illlegals you'd see prices rise tremendously. Allen Greespan once testified that illegal immigrants contribute more than 27 billion annually to local economies.

It's not totally false.

I can design a fairly cheap border control system.

Land mines are cheap.

And the invaders are costing us billions.

And no, paying someone real wages to pick lettuce won't significantly impact the cost of the produce on the supermarket counter.

So. Why are YOU so insistent that the United States continue to exploit disadvantaged illegal labor for immoral capitalist profits?

Fu ckin hillarious, and pretty dead on
How was it truthful?
1. Free medical care for my entire family.
Few people in the US recieve medical care paid by the state. Least of all illegal immigrants.
English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
Though yes, in southern US many facilities and institutions may be bilingual(English/Spanish), they are not in a majority of places.
3. All government forms need to be printed in English.
Not all US govt. forms are in Spanish.
4. I want my kids to be taught by English-speaking teachers.
Majority of schools are not taught in Spanish, and probably won't be.
5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.
Few schools include courses on just Mexican history.
6. I want my kids to see the American flag flying on the top of the flag pole at their school with the Mexican flag flying lower down.
That happens nowhere in the US, and I believe its illegal.
7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
This happens in most schools, not because Mexicans "demanded" it, but because school lunch programs started in the Great Depression, from the New Deal policies.
I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
One cannot just demand a driver's licence and recieve one.
I do not plan to have any car insurance, and I won't make any effort to learn local traffic laws.
Everyone is subject to traffic laws, no exception, senators have recieved traffic violations.
10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from Pres. Fox to leave me alone, please be sure that all police officers speak English.
Not all officers speak Spanish, and they don't leave someone alone because they immigrated illegaly, that would only make them more prone to police beatings.
11. I plan to fly the US flag from my house top, put US flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
Mexicans may celebrate anything they want, though no complaints are not garenteed.
12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, and don't enforce any labor laws or tax laws.
Most immigrants do no have "a nice job", a majority are migrant workers, and they are possibly to some of the worse jobs to have.
13. Please tell all the people in the country to be extremely nice and never say a critical word about me, or about the strain I might place on the economy.
Like many of US people are doing currently.
I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all the people who come to the U.S. from Mexico.
None of those things is what Bush is currently doing.

As I said these statemants are false, and of little humour.

Last edited:

Comrade Brian said:
Though yes, in southern US many facilities and institutions may be bilingual(English/Spanish), they are not in a majority of places.

snip..

Not all US govt. forms are in Spanish.

Majority of schools are not taught in Spanish, and probably won't be.

snip..

Not all officers speak Spanish, and they don't leave someone alone because they immigrated illegaly, that would only make them more prone to police beatings.

snip..

Few schools include courses on just Mexican history.

Even though it may be only in a few areas that does not mean that nonsense won't spread like a virus to the rest of the country.

AlbqOwl said:
I don't think anybody wants to bar anybody from democracy or prosperity. Most Americans are pretty much in favor of both. But most Americans also think those who appreciate our democracy will also appreciate our laws, our culture, our language, and our values. Those who do that are welcomed with open arms by the huge majority of Americans. Those who do not aren't really coming to experience democracy are they.

And most Americans think those who are honorable about seeking prosperity will seek it honorably; i.e. legally which will include becoming a part of the community, sharing in its culture, its commerce and potential and again, obeying its laws. Those who come willing to do that are welcomed with open arms by the huge majority of Americans. Those who do not aren't exactly bank robbers, embezzlers, or thieves, but their motives are not seen as much different by most Americans.

Lets welcome all immigrants who go through the legal process and come here to be Americans. And let's do whatever is necessary to keep out those who would thumb their noses at us and our laws and try to cut in front of the law abiding.

:agree

AMEN SISTER!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.... so I won't.

ludahai said:
:agree

AMEN SISTER!!! I couldn't have said it better myself.... so I won't.

Well thanks. I think I am just echoing the sentiments of a very large majority of Americans these days and that majority includes liberals, conservatives, everything in between, and every race and ethnic group represented in the population. Americans get very lazy and apathetic sometimes and just don't want to be bothered by stuff. But wake us up and push us hard enough, and we can be bulldogs. I am as sympathetic as the next person to the poor slob who just wanted a slice of America and sneaked in to get it. But when you have millions of others who are just here to get whatever they can get and are actually demanding America on THEIR terms, it was too much. They don't give a damn about America or Americans or who and what we are, and they have finally pushed too far. And Americans are finally pushing back.

Back
Top Bottom