• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm poor myself and I could not care less if someone else is rich.

First off, I don't envy the rich. Yes, someday I'd aspire to get a career that would get me there, but I focus on the now. I don't blame any of the rich for my problems, and I don't think they should have to give up any of their income to support me. I still support either a flat tax, a fair tax, but the best option I think would be a basic consumption tax (not a fair tax). I think any of those would be the best options. I do have a disability, and I get some aid. But I'm striving to work my way out of it, unlike some. I think privatization of my aid would still be better. I plan to go to a different state to go to school someday, but for privacy reasons (I already told you enough) I won't share what those are. I will tell you it's a liberal dominated field though.

Trump said, at a campaign rally, that if you dont have to crawl to the bathroom, he is going to cut your disability payments off. Your right wing buddies want you to starve to death. Right wingers have told me, that when I die, being on disability, that will MAKE AMERICA GREAT.

If you really supported your right wing buddies, you would simply starve to death, like a good citizen.

Good for you. But let's not pretend the wealthy don't have an effect on your life.

What a stupid thing to say. Everyone has an effect on other's lives. Many poor people benefit from the wealthy in many different ways.

That's why the government would select the businesses with competition. And like private militaries the government hires would still be cheaper. It's kind of like how we fund public schools but with vouchers we help students find private schools. Similar format.

I agree with much of what you say but privatizing the military is a really, really, bad idea.

people just want a level playing field and for wealthy people to NOT be able to buy politicians.

LOL. But, if you have an army of Bernie supporters all donating $10 each, they are buying the politicians. You're just saying you would rather have poor people buying politicians rather than rich people.

Conveniently the Democrats have that impact.

Access Denied

There's one thing that Democrats are better at than Republicans. As long as they provide lip service to liberal causes, they get a free pass on everything no matter how rich they are and no matter what they actually (don't) do for liberal causes.

So if the wealthy vote themselves a tax cut and decide that services you or any of your family uses have to be cut to support that, it affects you.

Now you can claim you don't care and it don't affect you, but it does. You can put your head in the sand all you want but it still affects you.

The wealthy voted everyone a tax cut who was paying taxes. But, let me get this straight, you want to vote in people who would always be gimmee, gimmee, gimmee?

This doesn't mesh with the title. If you didn't care about the rich, you wouldn't support tax policy like a flat tax, which heavily favors the wealthy.

So, your tax policy would mesh with your political lean, but it clearly shows that you favor the rich paying less in tax. Kinda hard to claim you "don't care" and be taken seriously.

The rich pay the biggest share of tax revenues. In fact, about 50% of Americans pay absolutely zero in federal income taxes. And don't give me any crap that these Americans pay other kinds of taxes because if you want to talk about the other kinds of taxes, the rich pay more of those too.

There is no need to make or invent or produce when you have intellectual property rights bringing you big checks every quarter.

But that is how they got there in the first place - the American dream.

I never said I didn't believe you. I said take you seriously. Big difference. I thought I was clear, but I'll try to explain.

It's your rhetoric I find disingenuous. Logically, it's fine. That's the beauty of language. It can be used one way, and mean something entirely different.

I'm poor myself and I could not care less if someone else is rich.

First off, I don't envy the rich.

So far, so good. I don't envy the rich, either. Envy and jealousy have never been emotions I connected to much. Some in my younger years, I guess. So, I really don't envy the rich. Indeed, I don't care that the rich are rich. A free society needs them. And that's that. Fortunes like those of Bloomberg are unarguably obscene, and it wouldn't hurt to examine how we deal with obscene wealth, but billionaires most certainly should exist.

Now, I'm not you, but we are both unenvious and supportive of the rich, and then you turn to tax policy, which is where we differ. Regressive tax policy that would affect the poor, who, by your thread title, appear to be your target audience.

So, like I said, I'm having a hard time thinking you don't care about the rich. You obviously care enough about them that you favor giving them more of your wealth. You may not be envious, but lobbying for tax-cuts for the wealthy looks like a suicidal position to hold.

In other words, "I'm poor, and I don't care if we enact more tax-cuts for the wealthy" would have been a more direct and honest title. Just my take on it.

But everyone got tax cuts. You're just jealous because those paying more in taxes got bigger tax cuts and those who paid no taxes in the first place got nothing.

Ridiculous. We only need to seize Oprah's wealth, whatever that may be. Then, as you suggest, we sell it off, to run the government for however many days that may be. You know what we do next? We seize the property again, and sell it off, running the country for another many of days. It's brilliant. You've solved all of our problems. Dumb argument based on a fallacy. If the government seized the wealth of those two men, it would then receive the income from that wealth, running the government for however many days that is, as long as the wealth continued to earn income.

Saying the wealthy have no power is nonsense. This graph indicates the wealthy hold (damn near) all the power.

View attachment 67289232

I personally prefer that to the poor stupid people having the power to force government to gimmee, gimmee, gimmee. There is a reason why in the old days only land owners were allowed to vote.

It's a battle for people's minds. Media is not in the news business anymore. It's propaganda. They want Biden in the White House. CNN, MSNBC, newspapers, Google , Facebook want Trump out, Biden in. They control the flow of information.

And this makes them the enemy of the people.

Agreed, but the other side has its own media operation as well. Can't forget them.

I really don't want this to be a Trump thing, but I want to ask you something. Please try to separate the question from Trump's actual words. Go ahead and use Obama. Whataboutisms are fine here; Obama did the same, although in a much different way. Just answer the question honestly.

Do you think it's healthy, for democracy and the country, for a president to focus on TV ratings for a supposed national emergency briefing? My answer is no. (Pretty much for the reasons I already stated.) Before you second guess me, I'll say that I can see other sides of the argument, and there is reason behind them. Just wondering where you stood.

That's just it though. The left claim their media are facts and it is the other media that have their own media operation. They refuse to accept the fact that most of the MSM is a side.

Trump said, at a campaign rally, that if you dont have to crawl to the bathroom, he is going to cut your disability payments off. Your right wing buddies want you to starve to death. Right wingers have told me, that when I die, being on disability, that will MAKE AMERICA GREAT.

If you really supported your right wing buddies, you would simply starve to death, like a good citizen.

Where is that kool aid drinking emojie? The fact is, the disabled and others who truly need the help could be much better off if the freeloaders weren't already stealing the government's money.

I think at least half of the government should be privatized. We could have things like private militaries, police forces, etc., as well as privatized aid like Social Security and Medicaid. This would cut quite a bit of costs for the government.

And that would guarantee only the rich got decent service.

By the way, explain the practical difference between “a private military” and “a feudal lord’s household troops”.

LOL. But, if you have an army of Bernie supporters all donating $10 each, they are buying the politicians. You're just saying you would rather have poor people buying politicians rather than rich people.

holy ****. that's not what i'm saying at all.

damn dude. get at least one thing right today.

30-Jan-2062 at 14:52:17 EST.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If you don't want people to be rich then don't buy their ****. Don't shop at Walmart. Make Target rich instead.

How ridiculous. Neither lobbyists or corporations write laws. You need a 101 class on how government works.

You need to read the links given to you.

I wouldn't hold my breath. If you don't want people to be rich then don't buy their ****. Don't shop at Walmart. Make Target rich instead.

There are just too many old white guys controlling all of the wealth. If we don't hone it down to one, we'll never be rich.

First off, I don't envy the rich. Yes, someday I'd aspire to get a career that would get me there, but I focus on the now. I don't blame any of the rich for my problems, and I don't think they should have to give up any of their income to support me. I still support either a flat tax, a fair tax, but the best option I think would be a basic consumption tax (not a fair tax). I think any of those would be the best options. I do have a disability, and I get some aid. But I'm striving to work my way out of it, unlike some. I think privatization of my aid would still be better. I plan to go to a different state to go to school someday, but for privacy reasons (I already told you enough) I won't share what those are. I will tell you it's a liberal dominated field though.

The best trick ever pulled by billionaires was convincing trailer trash to fight for them, making them richer by paving the way for them to strip workers of their rights, profiting by ignoring their safety and endangering their lives while also polluting the air and poisoning the water everyone else needs to live.

Someday you may even understand that.

holy ****. that's not what i'm saying at all.

damn dude. get at least one thing right today.

Of course that's what you are saying. Biden is currently getting more donations in than Trump. These people sending in moucho dollars are trying to buy the election. Will you now back Trump, or do you want big dollars buying the election? Hell, in 2016 Hillary far far outspent Trump so you should be glad that the little guy won. In fact, there were tons of rich people spending money to stop Trump so Trump should be your man. But, I'm guessing that you are now OK with corporate dollars buying the election for Biden, aren't you?

Of course that's what you are saying. Biden is currently getting more donations in than Trump. These people sending in moucho dollars are trying to buy the election. Will you now back Trump, or do you want big dollars buying the election? Hell, in 2016 Hillary far far outspent Trump so you should be glad that the little guy won. In fact, there were tons of rich people spending money to stop Trump so Trump should be your man. But, I'm guessing that you are now OK with corporate dollars buying the election for Biden, aren't you?

You don't think Trump gets corporate dollars? That's cute. You're adorable.

You need to read the links given to you.

Left wing propaganda. I just posted to you about how Trump is actually the one corporate America are donating against and for Biden. Does Trump now have your support or do you favor the rich buying the election for Biden?

Back
Top Bottom