• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm getting tired of wearing a mask.

It's been like six months now. I'm not going to argue whether or not they help, but I will say I'm starting to care less and less every day. They're uncomfortable and it's stressful to always be thinking/worried about them. Call me selfish, whatever; maybe you're right. I'm just starting to reach the end of my patience with this ****.

I don't like it either. But I only wear it when I have to, and even then it's not for long. How often do you wear it and for how long that it bothers you so much?

Thread starter: "I don't wanna wear a mask anymore."
All the other forum posters: "Ohh nooooo, you have to wear a mask."
Thread Starter: [basks in instantly-gained attention]

Anyone who doesn't wear a face shield or goggles in public is lying when they claim they believe the talk about wearing masks since it is the IDENTICAL experts who say you should wear a face shield as say you should wear a mask. Wearing a mask but no face shield proves the person is just being a submissive peasant mindlessly acting as if a slave.

You're proving my point JOK. Thanks.:mrgreen:

It's been like six months now. I'm not going to argue whether or not they help, but I will say I'm starting to care less and less every day. They're uncomfortable and it's stressful to always be thinking/worried about them. Call me selfish, whatever; maybe you're right. I'm just starting to reach the end of my patience with this ****.
Nobody cares how you feel.

I am tired of staying at home. For the past 6 months I have only gone out once a week to a grocery store to buy food. All my social activities have stopped.

Unfortunately, we have an incompetent president that has not been able to control the virus (unlike how it has been controlled in other countries) and with still over 1000 deaths per day (compared to other countries with less than 20 per day), the risk of my going out, getting the virus and dying remains very high. As such, I expect that I will stay home for at least another 6 months until Biden wins and institutes plans to control this virus (which Trump has been incapable of doing). At such a time, taking the risk of going out will be much lower than now.

You are proving mine. Covid-19 is just a political tactic joke to you.

I am finally getting you. You are devolution.

JOCKO HOMO lyrics.

They tell us that
We lost our tails
Evolving up
From little snails
I say it's all
Just wind in sails

Are we not men?
We are Devo!
Are we not men?
D-E-V-O

Monkey men all
In business suits
Teachers and critics
All dance the poot

Are we not men?
We are Devo!
Are we not men?
D-E-V-O

We're pinheads now
We are not whole
We're pinheads all
Jocko Homo

Are we not men?
We are Devo!
Are we not men?
D-E-V-O
Are we not pinheads?
We are Devo!

(All together now)
God made man
But he used the monkey to do it
Apes in the plan
We're all here to prove it
I can walk like an ape
Talk like an ape
Do what monkey do
God made man
But a monkey supplied the glue

D-E-V-O
(We must repeat)
D-E-V-O
(We must repeat)
D-E-V-O
(We must repeat)
D-E-V-O

Don't worry. Remember, all the experts, politicians and MSM outlets have assured you that any shut down will not possibly last longer than 2 weeks.

The 2 weeks should be over within another 3 to 4 months because you can completely rely on what the experts tell you. Remember to follow their advice to not wear a mask as they do more harm than good.

No, that was your fuhrer.

Last edited:
I'm just starting to reach the end of my patience with this ****.

1. Yes, as the young people used to say back in the 1960s, it's a bummer.

2. Masks take all the pleasure out of walking, for example.

3. Some people believe that there is at least one silver lining to a Biden win on November 3. The Dems, no longer needing the COVID-19 tragedy to hit President Trump over the head with, may explore more carefully whether masks are really needed to protect oneself and others from the disease.

don't wear it....
Frequently, I do not wear one.
consider the locale and the number of timid frightened
souls are about.. then decide

You don't have a right to put others at risk.

You don't have the right to expect others to assuage your fears and free you from the responsibility to protect yourself. Stay Home.

We are all tired of it. However, it's only become required here with walmart and kroger. I think it's recommend here or is an unenforced requirement. I wear one when in a group indoors.

You don't have the right to expect others to assuage your fears and free you from the responsibility to protect yourself. Stay Home.

No, I'm off to shoot bullets at anyone on your street. You don't have the right to expect others to assuage your fears and free you from the responsibility to protect yourself. Stay Home.

don't wear it....
Frequently, I do not wear one.
consider the locale and the number of timid frightened
souls are about.. then decide

That's the most idiotic post I've seen here in a long time, and that's saying a lot. I usually don't stop reading someone for making an idiotic post but you are the exception.

No, I'm off to shoot bullets at anyone on your street. You don't have the right to expect others to assuage your fears and free you from the responsibility to protect yourself. Stay Home.

If afraid to breath without a mask, consider the possibility you may not well last, shooting bullets on my street.
Why are you threatening such extreme life ending violence against me because of
your personal fear?

The Patriots during the revolution didn't have it this hard.

That's the most idiotic post I've seen here in a long time, and that's saying a lot. I usually don't stop reading someone for making an idiotic post but you are the exception.

I don't live in fear.
I am honored, thank you for the recognition.

So stop wearing it. Just don’t complain if you’re not allowed entry into local shopping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A business can set their own rules. I have worn a mask when required, though more often than not I opt instead to shop somewhere else.

For example, I prefer to buy at a store to preserve stores rather than shopping online. However, if the business requires a mask (which are NOT required here otherwise), then I generally will just buy it online. If the store WANTS to put itself out of business, who am I to try to stop them?

as an afterthought, did you somehow identify with that statement ?

A funny thing happened a few days ago. THE most popular private owned restaurants here - known for THE best seafood in the entire area - isn't real big on following the distancing rule given even with full seating there is ALWAYS a waiting line - always. The food is THAT good. But, then, the owner owns fishing boats here and up East too, so this is as fresh and good at it gets.

Fantastic restaurant. Super pro police too. ANY police officer in uniform - any department - can eat there for free with their family - any time, anything on the menu. The only exception is liquor This is not a discount restaurant. Dinner for the 2 of us was $120 - and that included only 2 drinks, but we did have desert.

The health inspector came in on an anonymous complaint. Locals know who the inspectors are. We were sitting right beside another couple - not 6 feet apart. Much of the restaurant was like that. So... we all became related. The older couple next to us became our parents. The people on the other side were an aunt and uncle. Since we were "together" as a family unit the 6 foot rule didn't apply. Call it a community effort to keep our favorite restaurant in business. Suddenly, we all were there for our own family gatherings. LOL.

Often in law it doesn't matter so much what you are doing. Rather, it matters what you SAY you are doing.

Oh, and one of our doctors gave us a letter stating we are medically exempt from wearing masks, though we haven't used it or tested it. Actually, the law in most states makes such exception AND you do NOT have to have proof - nor may the store even ask what the disability or health issue is. Technically, in most states if you say "I'm am medically exempt by my doctor" that should end they're being able to require you wear a mask NOR may ask you HOW are you medically disqualified or to ask for proof. Refusing to allow entry then would be a violation of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

People with breathing difficulty health issues can not safely wear masks. Most states mask rules exempt such people - but few store employees know that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom