• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I'm getting tired of wearing a mask.

Surfaces are very low-risk spreaders. You appear to be hostile, trolling, and dishonest.

I pull my hair back so I'm not fooling with it, and I wear gloves. I'm not taking a chance that I don't have to take. And I wipe down my bank card with a Clorox wipe too.

It's been like six months now. I'm not going to argue whether or not they help, but I will say I'm starting to care less and less every day. They're uncomfortable and it's stressful to always be thinking/worried about them. Call me selfish, whatever; maybe you're right. I'm just starting to reach the end of my patience with this ****.

And despite what anyone says, it makes breathing more uncomfortable.

The choices as we see it: wear masks OR be taken down by COVID 19. But if you choose COVID 19 please do not share YOUR COVID 19 with anyone else without their approval. Dying may not be as much fun as some politicians portray such.

The GOP is once again demonstrating stupidity and more negligence. Through GOP negligence COVID 19 is everywhere ( Not New Zealand). No one knows when or if COVID 19 will retreat significantly as conservatives refuse to wear masks. As if they are immune to COVID 19 = their brains are rotting quickly.

When did COVID 19 actually penetrate USA borders? I say the USA has been led astray thus some conservative politicians need to be prosecuted damn right.

How Masks Help
Masks Are the Key to Stopping the Rise

COVID-19 can be transmitted via respiratory droplets, which may become airborne when an infected person coughs, sneezes or even breathes within a few feet of someone else. The virus can also settle onto surfaces, where it may survive long enough for other people to pick it up and transfer to vulnerable areas like the nose, mouth and the outer surface of the eyes (conjunctiva). So masks, by slowing the rate of droplets leaving the mouth and nose, can help reduce the viral load in the air and therefore reduce the number of virus particles on surfaces, but only if everyone does their part.

Masks Are the Key to Stopping the Rise

Choosing the Right Mask

The materials a mask is made from and the tightness of the fit on the face are both important factors; getting either wrong will significantly reduce the mask’s effectiveness. The most current research suggests a combination of fabrics. The best seems to be making the mask from one layer of cotton along with two layers of polyester/spandex chiffon as the different types of layers are more effective than using one single fabric.

This is because different types of fabrics work in different ways to block virus particles: Cotton creates a physical barrier, while chiffon creates an electrostatic barrier. The combination of both offers a better chance of trapping more particles and therefore protecting everyone around us.

I pull my hair back so I'm not fooling with it, and I wear gloves. I'm not taking a chance that I don't have to take. And I wipe down my bank card with a Clorox wipe too.

Nothing wrong with that just in case.

Then go get a gun and shoot it into crowds, there's a chance the bullets might not hit anyone. And stop posting to me wasting my time.

Don't complain about putting others at risk, unless you're gonna be specific. Life is dangerous, and everything we do incurs risk. What YOU'RE talking about is determining ACCEPTABLE risk, vs not.

Which is clearly based on opinion.

You don't have a right to put others at risk.

That's the good part. He isn't. Anyone who wants to wear a mask to protect themselves, can. After all, how is he any different than Nancy Pelosi? If she doesn't have to wear masks and can go to places that aren't even supposed to be open for inside business, why can't he? She didn't wear her mask to protect others. We need to follow our leaders, don't we?

Me too...but I have no choice but to wear one. Both the evidence for masking/distancing is too compelling and my own personal risk factor is too compelling.

Won't stop me from voting in person on Election Day. I will mask up, try to distance and go. Too important not for me but for my kids. I am too old to matter any longer. However I cannot see leaving my kids with the wreckage Trump leaves in his wake in societal unrest, damage to our Republic, Institutions of Government, Governance generally, the long term economy and the environment. HE HAS GOT TO GO! I am fully prepared to come back a COVID victim if that is what it takes.

Ummmmmmmm, all of that is the fault of the Democrats. All of it. New York state spread the virus everywhere and it is lefties responsible for the violence in lefty cities and the lefty cities won't even try doing anything about it. They chase the fed help out and then cede the cities to the rioters to do all the rioting they want. New York City defunded their police department and now crimes is way up.

So you're one of those people who have no morals, and has to be jailed for wrongdoing.

Is he going to be jailed? Are all of those young liberal at parties, beaches, bars, and protests jailed?

Because it's the right thing to do.

If you don't want to catch the virus then wear YOUR mask, or don't go out. If people not wearing their masks get the virus that's their choice.

It's been like six months now. I'm not going to argue whether or not they help, but I will say I'm starting to care less and less every day. They're uncomfortable and it's stressful to always be thinking/worried about them. Call me selfish, whatever; maybe you're right. I'm just starting to reach the end of my patience with this ****.

Try on a ventilator for a few days. Maybe that will help?

Don't worry. Remember, all the experts, politicians and MSM outlets have assured you that any shut down will not possibly last longer than 2 weeks.

The 2 weeks should be over within another 3 to 4 months because you can completely rely on what the experts tell you. Remember to follow their advice to not wear a mask as they do more harm than good.

And with all your pissing and moaning we have a thousand americans dying every day but who cares. Let's talk about a fetus instead.

Don't complain about putting others at risk, unless you're gonna be specific. Life is dangerous, and everything we do incurs risk. What YOU'RE talking about is determining ACCEPTABLE risk, vs not.

Which is clearly based on opinion.

That is zero argument against your CRAP illogic.

There is no excuse for not wearing a mask.

That is zero argument against your CRAP illogic.

There is no excuse for not wearing a mask.

There are plenty. Asthma, for one. Alergies, for another.

Try again?

So don’t wear a mask. Simple choice, just do it.

There are plenty. Asthma, for one. Alergies, for another.

Try again?

Obviously, I was responding to the poster saying he would not wear one because he's 'tired of it'.

Context. What is your next reply, to find some terrible halloween mask and talk about that?

I totally agree..u forget the damn mask..have to walk all the way back to the car

And then no one in the store stays 6 ft apart anyway.

The 6 ft rule is more helpful than the mask

Obviously, I was responding to the poster saying he would not wear one because he's 'tired of it'.

Context. What is your next reply, to find some terrible halloween mask and talk about that?

No. What you and I are talking about, is acceptable risk, vs not. At least, that's what I'm trying to talk about, anyway.

As it applies to imposing a mask on people, for 10-12 straight hours per day, 5 days per week.

When you go to the store, that's what you are imposing, for your safety. Meanwhile, that product you're handling? Touched by no less than 30-40 hands, most without gloves or sanitized hands. That car you drove to get there? Destroying the planet. That house you were in, until you went to the store? Requires electricity, which risks many lives throughout the grid to keep it supplied.

Acceptable.

Right?

Back
Top Bottom