• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

If Zimmerman had been an off-duty cop . . .

So what led to the swing?

Good question.. Trayvon was on his cell phone and armed with Skittles. For my money George was pretty lathered up and tried to detain TM.

then they should just set Zimmerman free and dismiss the charges. if the witnesses are unreliable....there is no way to prove beyond reasonable doubt that Zimmerman committed a crime.

The medical examiner said Z was barely hurt at all, not to mention the forensics from the state.

TM asked George the question.. and George said what are you doing here rather than just say I am NW ...

it's a miracle...you finally admit that Zimmerman did give TM an answer to his question. sucks eggs for you because it was not the answer you wanted...but he did give TM an answer.

Then GZ reached for his phone/gun.

reaching into one's pocket is not grounds to be punched in the face

I should have realized that you were an MP.

yes, you should. after the way I have be destroying your pitiful attempts to paint zimmerman as a rabid dog for the last year and a half, you should have realized long ago that I have a much better grasp of law and logic than you.

:laughat:

The medical examiner said Z was barely hurt at all, not to mention the forensics from the state.

and? the extent of injury has zero relevence in a self-defense claim. funny, I have been watching the trial and virtually all the forensic evidence supports ZImmerman's version of the events. certainly enough to give reasonable doubt as to his guilt.

Good question.. Trayvon was on his cell phone and armed with Skittles. For my money George was pretty lathered up and tried to detain TM.

fortunately for Zimmerman, your biased, delusional opinion is not admissible in court.

and? the extent of injury has zero relevence in a self-defense claim. funny, I have been watching the trial and virtually all the forensic evidence supports ZImmerman's version of the events. certainly enough to give reasonable doubt as to his guilt.

I feel Z would have been completely fine the next day had he not went after Martin.

That's not what I'm saying. He had so many different choices before confronting a stranger against the advice of the police.

so did martin......

I feel Z would have been completely fine the next day had he not went after Martin.

just as M would have been fine the next day had he not attacked Zimmerman.

A little less when you're the one being followed.

wrong. Martin had multiple options. he simply chose the most foolish course of action. stop and wait in the dark for the person following you to find you.

Ugh prosecution again just allowed a witness to introduce testimony that creates "doubt" regarding Janteel's testimony.

Wrong thread.

wrong. Martin had multiple options. he simply chose the most foolish course of action. stop and wait in the dark for the person following you to find you.

Maybe he was originally thinking maybe this guy will go away if I cut through here.

You mean "run and hide" from someone he viewed as a threat.

Eco's Helpful Safety Hint #837:

If you think someone is following you, call the cops and go to a well lighted area or knock on a neighbor's door. Do not - I repeat - do not go to a dark place and attack the presumably concerned neighbor.

If you listen to any of the testimony, Travyon approached Zimmerman when he could have just gone home.
And if you are only armed with candy, dont mess with people in Florida. They may have a gun and a willingness to use it.

Disgression can be the better part of valor most times.
How did being a wannabe bad ass thug work out? I would ask him, was it worth it?

That's not what I'm saying. He had so many different choices before confronting a stranger against the advice of the police.
Negative, Ghostrider. He was informed by "dispatchers" they would send police.
You are not under any rule of "lawful order" given by a dispatcher.

Every police shooting is investigated...

Every shooting is investigated, police or not. This one was. The evidence was gathered, Zimmerman was questioned. It was determined that there was no reason to charge or hold. Zimmerman was released.

It was after the 3 race baiters took it upon themselves to determine guilt that Zimmerman was arrested.

Now, a year and millions of dollars later, the original decision appears correct.

Out of uniform . . . still armed . . . would he have been arrested for the events as we know them?

Probably not. Many people have a anti-police bias.Now if Martin was white or Hispanic instead of black then events as we know them would be different.We would have never heard of this case and Zimmerman would not have been arrested.

Negative, Ghostrider. He was informed by "dispatchers" they would send police.
You are not under any rule of "lawful order" given by a dispatcher.
I said when against their advice not anything about a lawful order.

If you listen to any of the testimony, Travyon approached Zimmerman when he could have just gone home.
And if you are only armed with candy, dont mess with people in Florida. They may have a gun and a willingness to use it.

My brothers carry.. but they are responsible and cautious.. They are also well educated.

Maybe he was originally thinking maybe this guy will go away if I cut through here.

and maybe he was thinking...If I wait here in the dark, I can teach this creepy ass cracker who is following me a lesson

You said "advice of the police". Dispatchers are not usually officers.

Every shooting is investigated, police or not. This one was. The evidence was gathered, Zimmerman was questioned. It was determined that there was no reason to charge or hold. Zimmerman was released.

It was after the 3 race baiters took it upon themselves to determine guilt that Zimmerman was arrested.

Now, a year and millions of dollars later, the original decision appears correct.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Barack Obama and every other race baiter who pushed to have this case re-investigated and brought to trial should have to pony up $$$$ to reimburse the state and Zimmerman for the costs of the trial.

How did being a wannabe bad ass thug work out? I would ask him, was it worth it?

that seems to be the key. sadly for Trayvon, he let his NO_LIMIT_NIGGA internet gansta persona cloud his judgement that night.

Back
Top Bottom