• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If we had gotten serious about renewable energy 10-15 years ago

If the Republicans lose by a slight margin, I'll be momentarily relieved.

Relieved yes, frustrated yes.
We're hearing everyone and their grandmothers blaming Biden for not getting anything done when he's up against a Senate that refuses to pass even a thumbtack without sixty votes and which venerates two fake Dems who are playing for the other team in helping them filibuster literally everything.

I want as close to sixty Dems as we can get and a thirty seat majority in the House, or as close as we can get.

Relieved yes, frustrated yes.
We're hearing everyone and their grandmothers blaming Biden for not getting anything done when he's up against a Senate that refuses to pass even a thumbtack without sixty votes and which venerates two fake Dems who are playing for the other team in helping them filibuster literally everything.

I want as close to sixty Dems as we can get and a thirty seat majority in the House, or as close as we can get.
I want to see the Republican party dismantled at the polls. I don't see that party as fixable, so I'd rather see it replaced.

I have a party to vote against, as that party has gone insane. I doubt that the other party considers me to be a strategic advisor. If it did, I doubt that I would consider you to be one.
Oh, the Republicans certainly don’t listen to me. Though they should. ;)

Republicans and Democrats "from the center" in my lifetime are responsible for bombing of Muslim civilian populations, shifting wealth from the middle class to the already rich, and poisoning of our food, lands, water, and air. How would you characterize America's "center?"
I’d describe it as very far away from your very extreme opinions.

I’d describe it as very far away from your very extreme opinions.
Try and convince me that our Republican/Democrat Middle East policies have not been a complete moral and financial disaster.

The company depended upon the raw material prices of other soloar manufacturers staying high in order to be competitive. The Obama administration backed an inferior manufacturing processes that wasn’t competitive. As the price of raw materials came down the company was unable to compete because they effectively priced themselves out of viability. Pissing way funds on inferior products is a US national pastime me truly a bipartisan rallying point.

The Energy Department’s loan-guarantee program, enacted in 2005 with bipartisan support, has backed nearly $38 billion in loans for 40 projects around the country.
Solyndra represents just one percent of that portfolio and the only deal that soured. The program’s biggest bet to date is an $8.33 billion loan guarantee for a nuclear plant down in Georgia.

I'll take those odds over anything on Wall Street but hey, you do you.

PS: US policymakers bickering over clean energy loans while similar programs in China were working overtime to commercialize solar technology is also another reason why Solyndra failed, meanwhile a lot of China's success is using technology that, in some cases, originated in US-funded research programs.

Just think of how many billions we could have pissed away by now if we had only been investing in more Solyndra type of companies over the past decade. You gotta waste tax payer money to increase taxes
Solyndra's failure is small potatoes compared to the repeated nuclear plant project failures and the resulting taxpayer bailouts. Follow the money.

Back
Top Bottom