• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If we had gotten serious about renewable energy 10-15 years ago

LOL and now Aussieland is facing a huge energy crisis ever since they made a push for "green"energy:

Rolling blackouts on the horizon:

And they admit that the electrical grid will get overloaded by EVs:

LOL, talk about a sinking ship! :ROFLMAO:
Australia's electric energy challenges, according to the articles you linked, are due to problems with coal and gas dependency. Are you sure these are the articles you intended to post?

The problem you’re describing is actually Europe’s. In kowtowing to their Green movement, they’ve walked away from carbon-based fuel deposits in their region and have instead allowed themselves to become dependent on Russian energy. Hence the awkward predicament Europe finds itself in and the deadly one the Ukraine has been left to.
Europe's dependence on fossil fuel imports is the fault of the green movement? You just can't make up this level of ignorance.

Europe's dependence on fossil fuel imports is the fault of the green movement? You just can't make up this level of ignorance.
Yes, to the degree a green movement is successful at slowing domestic fossil fuel production but not demand. That’s not ignorance. That’s common sense.

Australia's electric energy challenges, according to the articles you linked, are due to problems with coal and gas dependency. Are you sure these are the articles you intended to post?
You dont get it, do you? The reason theyre still running coal and gas is because the green shit doesnt work.

President Gore. If we had one more Supreme Court Justice, if we had 275 votes different in Florida, if we had any number of Republicans schemes thwarted.

We could be a richer nation by manufacturing the equipment that goes along with renewables and could tell Putin and all of OPEC to go stuff themselves. We would produce enough carbon based energy to supply our own needs which would become less over time. Instead the energy companies have brought us to this continued need to bow down to those countries that help supply our energy, but of course the politico's from both parties get to collect their money from these companies to enrich themselves. Between wind, solar and nuclear energy, we would have a cheaper and more plentiful supply of energy in the long run, but that would not be the money maker that carbon based energy provides the big corporations and they are the ones who own the politico's. It would have helped the climate, but as we can now see, it is not just about the climate. It is about the security of our nation and other nations.
We already could and did tell Putin to lump it, so don't peddle nonsense about how spending vast amounts of money for a negative financial return would make us richer.

You got every major fact wrong. There is a certain purity in batting 0.00 but it's not a club I want to join.

You dont get it, do you? The reason theyre still running coal and gas is because the green shit doesnt work.
The sun shines and creates a flow of electrons that "works" at my family's buildings. That "green shit" also "works" at the International Space Station. Dude - try another argument other than it doesn't "work."

The sun shines and creates a flow of electrons that "works" at my family's buildings. That "green shit" also "works" at the International Space Station. Dude - try another argument other than it doesn't "work."
Really? It's clear you dont have a clue about how basic physics works.

The ISS is in space, so they can position themselves to receive solar 24/7. Do you realize that the surface of the earth cant do that?

Does solar power work at night? Show me a single country that runs their entire electric grids purely on solar.

Really? It's clear you dont have a clue about how basic physics works.

The ISS is in space, so they can position themselves to receive solar 24/7. Do you realize that the surface of the earth cant do that?

Does solar power work at night? Show me a single country that runs their entire electric grids purely on solar.
We sell our electrons to the utility during daytime. We buy electrons at night. So what's the problem?

FWIW, take notice how often this logic error comes from the left. It doesn’t matter what the topic is. Could be energy, the economy, race relations, whatever. But if a proposed solution has benefit X and downside Y, our friends on the left will argue against all reason that X doesn’t really exist because Y is so bad.

It’s the hallmark of a zealot that he will never acknowledge a valid point from the opposition.

Actually it's more like you have Options 1-7 for energy independence. Options 1-6 are renewables while option 7 poisons people's water. Conservatives want to go with 7 anyways and pretend 1-6 are lefty pipedreams.

We should have announced a public / private moonshot to replace oil decades ago. We still can.

Sometimes I wonder what we could've accomplished energy/environment-wise with all that War on Terror money

An economically viable solution is here and has been for some time: nuclear. Yes, it’s a higher risk energy source, but even events like There Mile Island and Chernobyl seem tame when compared to the dire predictions we hear from the climate change alarmists.

Actually, I think you'd find liberals more open to nuclear energy than they have in the past, partly because of the climate situation.

LOL, talk about a sinking ship! :ROFLMAO:

New technology has always met with glitches, and there have always been those who have made fun of it when it has. Some people are just hostile to new ideas and want to cling to the comfortable past. They are the ones who will always be left behind. But it's always easy to be a critic.

Just think if we had abandoned rocket technology when the first rockets catastrophically tilted over and crashed on the launchpad before they even had a chance to get off the ground. I can only imagine how much LOLing you would be doing then.

We sell our electrons to the utility during daytime. We buy electrons at night. So what's the problem?
Answer the question: does solar power work at night?

New technology has always met with glitches, and there have always been those who have made fun of it when it has. Some people are just hostile to new ideas and want to cling to the comfortable past. They are the ones who will always be left behind. But it's always easy to be a critic.

Just think if we had abandoned rocket technology when the first rockets catastrophically tilted over and crashed on the launchpad before they even had a chance to get off the ground. I can only imagine how much LOLing you would be doing then.
LOL you think wind and solar are new technologies? :ROFLMAO:

6869877122_3117f1fa3c_b.jpg

Actually, I think you'd find liberals more open to nuclear energy than they have in the past, partly because of the climate situation.
Yes, but most liberals, like most conservatives, ignore the cost of nuclear. None of them, nor any of us, can name a nuclear plant project that was/is funded privately. Nor can any of them identify a cost per kWh. Nukes are all on the big gubment tit because the economics don't work in the real business world.

No, it’s very serious and, IMO, very accurate. Yes, fracking has its problems. One of its benefits, however, is energy independence, and your discomfort with it does not change that reality.
Yeah, when the land is destroyed you don't need energy.

Just think of how many billions we could have pissed away by now if we had only been investing in more Solyndra type of companies over the past decade. You gotta waste tax payer money to increase taxes

Reactions: PoS
We should have announced a public / private moonshot to replace oil decades ago. We still can.

Carter tried and that is why we can't have nice things.
Biden might not have the nuclear energy background Carter has, but I suspect history will remember him almost as kindly as it does Jimmy Carter, but it will remember him as the one term president that gave way to permanent fascist rule in America...again because "we can't have nice things."

Just think of how many billions we could have pissed away by now if we had only been investing in more Solyndra type of companies over the past decade. You gotta waste tax payer money to increase taxes
What exactly do you know ABOUT Solyndra? Educate us.

What exactly do you know ABOUT Solyndra? Educate us.
The company depended upon the raw material prices of other soloar manufacturers staying high in order to be competitive. The Obama administration backed an inferior manufacturing processes that wasn’t competitive. As the price of raw materials came down the company was unable to compete because they effectively priced themselves out of viability. Pissing way funds on inferior products is a US national pastime me truly a bipartisan rallying point.

Carter tried and that is why we can't have nice things.
Biden might not have the nuclear energy background Carter has, but I suspect history will remember him almost as kindly as it does Jimmy Carter, but it will remember him as the one term president that gave way to permanent fascist rule in America...again because "we can't have nice things."
I hope that Republicans don't acquire more power.

You should have advised your side to govern from the center 18 months ago, but I think you’ve missed your opportunity.
I have a party to vote against, as that party has gone insane. I doubt that the other party considers me to be a strategic advisor. If it did, I doubt that I would consider you to be one.

You should have advised your side to govern from the center 18 months ago, but I think you’ve missed your opportunity.
Republicans and Democrats "from the center" in my lifetime are responsible for bombing of Muslim civilian populations, shifting wealth from the middle class to the already rich, and poisoning of our food, lands, water, and air. How would you characterize America's "center?"

Back
Top Bottom