• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If the 2nd Amendment goes away....

Do guns become illegal to own if the 2nd is abolished?

• Total voters
I gotta admit its sad you want a government so large that they can easily take away our rights if they wanted to, and become as corrupt as it is today.

No clue what you are on about

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

Wanna explain how their decision stands without the 2nd Amendment?
It goes something like this..."1. The second amendment protects...." oh wait..There is no second amendment.

no it protects the militias and the people of states from federal control. you need to read to the founding documents among other things

I gotta admit its sad you want a government so large that they can easily take away our rights if they wanted to, and become as corrupt as it is today.

And these days you just know that they are going to want to...

no it protects the militias and the people of states from federal control. you need to read to the founding documents among other things

Huh? I have no idea what you are attempting to state

dude i know iam right, i have covered this subject many times on this forum,

i am not your boy, look it up if you wish!

And yet there is no list of these rights? How can they be in law if there is no list of them? LOL

Held:

1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.

Wanna explain how their decision stands without the 2nd Amendment?
It goes something like this..."1. The second amendment protects...." oh wait..There is no second amendment.

for those of us who actually understand the constitution and realize some judges ignore it for pernicious reasons there are other arguments

Ninth Amendment

Tenth Amendment. The commerce clause nonsense is getting less and less love from some on the supreme court. Plus the ninth amendment is valid area of attack against federal anti gun laws

And yet there is no list of these rights? How can they be in law if there is no list of them? LOL

the bill of rights are not granting rights, they are restrictions on federal powers, the bill of rights only recognizes rights

PREAMBLE TO THE BILL OF RIGHTS

Congress of the United States
begun and held at the City of New-York, on
Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.

THE Conventions of a number of the States, having at the time of their adopting the Constitution, expressed a desire, in order to prevent misconstruction or abuse of its powers, that further declaratory and restrictive clauses should be added: And as extending the ground of public confidence in the Government, will best ensure the beneficent ends of its institution.

the bill of rights are not granting rights, they are restrictions on federal powers, the bill of rights only recognizes rights

In theory. But in practice a right does not actually exist in any way that will benefit anyone on earth until it is codified in law

The right to bear arms which is written in the constitution

We also have the freedom of speech, expression, press, etc. Which is written in the Bill of Rights. The 2nd amendment wasn't in the constitution itself, it was in the bill of rights

lol.......i have already posted that the bill of rights are restrictions on federal power......the bill of rights only recognizes rights, it does not grant them.

That's an opinion. An opinion the founding fathers shared. But its only an opinion. The right to bear arms was written into the constitution establishing it as a right. It is not some nebulous thing that is unwritten and we all have to guess what it is. Its in black and white

We also have the freedom of speech, expression, press, etc. Which is written in the Bill of Rights. The 2nd amendment wasn't in the constitution itself, it was in the bill of rights

Where do you think the bill of rights is? LOL

That's an opinion. An opinion the founding fathers shared. But its only an opinion. The right to bear arms was written into the constitution establishing it as a right. It is not some nebulous thing that is unwritten and we all have to guess what it is. Its in black and white

lol....i already posted proof!

question, ....when abortion was made legal in the 1970's how was it done.....by law..........NO!

it was done by the USSC recognizing the right to privacy

lol....i already posted proof!

question, ....when abortion was made legal in the 1970's how was it done.....by law..........NO!

it was done by the USSC recognizing the right to privacy

As established by Rowe which created that right.

Back
Top Bottom