• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

If most of the world agrees putin is committing war crimes, why are we not doing more like actually confronting him with military force?

If most of the world agrees putin is committing war crimes, why are we not doing more like actually confronting him with military force?
Do you think we should start WWIII?

Do you think we should start WWIII?
Do you think the gop should have it every which way but loose to be hawks, pootins, nevilles, kkks, QAnons, RW libertaryan SJWs, and naZis!

What do you call what putin is doing? I call it an act of war. The question is, when do we respond with force?

Responding with force would start World War 3, won't it?

Should one man with nukes be able to hold the whole world hostage? What if he decides to invade poland, does the whole nuke thing just go out the window because poland is a part of nato?

At what point is it time to stop him?

Everyone knows what we are dealing with here. The Sanctions are killing the Russian economy. We are flooding Ukraine with top of the line weapons. Putin has lost this war. Question is how badly he wants to hurt mother Russia.

If backed into a corner will he commit suicide by pushing that button? Do we want to push him over the edge? I don't believe anyone wants to be responsible for a nuclear holocaust.

Everyone knows what we are dealing with here. The Sanctions are killing the Russian economy. We are flooding Ukraine with top of the line weapons. Putin has lost this war. Question is how badly he wants to hurt mother Russia.

If backed into a corner will he commit suicide by pushing that button? Do we want to push him over the edge? I don't believe anyone wants to be responsible for a nuclear holocaust.
If we want him to stop, we need to take the risk. If we don't, whose country falls next to putin? I do not believe putin wants nuclear war.

If we want him to stop, we need to take the risk. If we don't, whose country falls next to putin? I do not believe putin wants nuclear war.

Why? He seems like a power-hungry maniac to me.

Well I don't believe anyone wants to be the one responsible for the end of civilization as we know it.

Easy for you to say take him out but a lot harder to be the guy that makes that decision.

I don't think Putin is suicidal. He is a very wealthy man living a fantastic lifestyle. But those sanctions are rapidly taking that away from him. If he has nothing to lose I doubt he would mind taking the rest of the world with him.

I think we should be doing more to help Ukraine in terms of supplying planes and weapons.

Common sense and past practice.

You can't be unaware.
What I am aware of is this, anyone posting an opinion is doing just that, voicing their opinion. You no more know it would start world war three than the next person.

What I am aware of is this, anyone posting an opinion is doing just that, voicing their opinion. You no more know it would start world war three than the next person.

Your hypothesis is wrong. We are not all equal in knowledge nor intellect.

and mind you, opnion is only acceptable in teh absence of fact, not in conflict with it.

Your hypothesis is wrong. We are not all equal in knowledge nor intellect.

and mind you, opnion is only acceptable in teh absence of fact, not in conflict with it.
Ok, show me the facts that if we go into russia with our troops it will start a nuclear war. But putin has nukes, blah, blah, blah, so do we and other countries. As a matter of fact show me where going into russia with our troops will certainly start world war three. Just the facts says joe friday.

We should be clear that we're not really talking about a World War 3. It would be a bunch of countries against Russia. I don't think Belarus would want to get involved and pulverized, and I don't think China would let itself get dragged into something like that.

Would Russia use nukes? I think it's exceptionally unlikely, Putin is bluffing, a little short guy trying to puff himself up to pretend he's a giant by displaying a grenade in his hand.

We should be clear that we're not really talking about a World War 3. It would be a bunch of countries against Russia. I don't think Belarus would want to get involved and pulverized, and I don't think China would let itself get dragged into something like that.

Would Russia use nukes? I think it's exceptionally unlikely, Putin is bluffing, a little short guy trying to puff himself up to pretend he's a giant by displaying a grenade in his hand.

China would ABSOLUTELY take advantage of the chance to move on Taiwan while the US was distracted.

Ok, show me the facts that if we go into russia with our troops it will start a nuclear war. But putin has nukes, blah, blah, blah, so do we and other countries. As a matter of fact show me where going into russia with our troops will certainly start world war three. Just the facts says joe friday.

If we invade Russia it will ABSOLUTELY start a war. Are you kidding me?

China would ABSOLUTELY take advantage of the chance to move on Taiwan while the US was distracted.
Maybe, but I don't think China would get into a war involving the west vs Russia. That would be utterly stupid on their part, and they're not stupid.

Maybe, but I don't think China would get into a war involving the west vs Russia. That would be utterly stupid on their part, and they're not stupid.

They certainly aren’t, but they also know that the West(i.e. the US) is the major obstacle to their goal of becoming the dominant power on the globe. It costs China nothing to make any conflict as bloody and difficult for the West as possible, especially since the West taking lots of casualties makes it much more likely to retreat into isolationism.

Not to mention, of course, that such a war would give China an opportunity to exploit a power void that might never come again. Short of the CCP being throw out of power, they almost certainly would make their move.

There is zero chance that if we attacked Russia on russian soil Russia would also not attack the us on US soil

And then we have a battle of the superpowers

What do you call what putin is doing? I call it an act of war. The question is, when do we respond with force?
There is always someone warring someplace in the world. Do you comprehend what a world war is?

Back
Top Bottom