• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Thought Covid Wasn't Serious . . .

. . . and I was right. I've essentially got a cold. No fever, just a sore throat and a cough.

Cool story bud. Of course, it’s totally ridiculous to claim that “COVID is no big deal” because it didn’t effect you severely, but hey, nobody expected anything different from you anyway.

. . . and I was right. I've essentially got a cold. No fever, just a sore throat and a cough.

I got the same thing -- sore throat and cough. It lasted a week. Covid has ALWAYS been mild for most people, and the current omnicron version is even milder. The terror stoked by mainstream news is ridiculous.

The J&J shot I got over 6 months ago had worn off, and the booster moderna I got had not yet taken effect. So don't tell me covid was mild because of vaccines.

And by the way, I got the vaccines ONLY to protect friends and relatives with risk factors. I was NEVER concerned about getting covid myself.

And now that I had it, I probably have good natural immunity.

Gee, it's almost like you don't understand the difference between the two concepts of "anecdote" and "data"

Guess the 800,000 Americans and millions more worldwide who are six feet under, their experiences mean nothing.

Glad to hear it. Of course, 800,000+ other people weren't that lucky, so out of respect for them and their grieving families, you might want to stop with the "Covid 19 is no worse than a cold" bullshit.

I Hope it stays that hat way for you, and that you don't infect anyone with less resistance than you have.

I am over my "cold". Got antibodies as a bonus. Stronger against covid than someone with a jab over 6 months old.

My nephew had these same symptoms, then felt pretty good for three day's and then almost had to go to the hospital.

Glad to hear it. Of course, 800,000+ other people weren't that lucky, so out of respect for them and their grieving families, you might want to stop with the "Covid 19 is no worse than a cold" bullshit.
He's bragging about feeling like crap when it didn't have to be that way. It may still get a lot worse for him. I know a few people who thought they got lucky with the symptoms and then it got way worse. They also aren't aware of what other non symptomatic damage this is doing to their body.

I got the same thing -- sore throat and cough. It lasted a week. Covid has ALWAYS been mild for most people, and the current omnicron version is even milder. The terror stoked by mainstream news is ridiculous.

The J&J shot I got over 6 months ago had worn off, and the booster moderna I got had not yet taken effect. So don't tell me covid was mild because of vaccines.

And by the way, I got the vaccines ONLY to protect friends and relatives with risk factors. I was NEVER concerned about getting covid myself.

And now that I had it, I probably have good natural immunity.
Did you have fun that week with your sore throat and cough?

Also, I heard that previously infected people are 15 times more likely to get Omicron. Have fun with another week of misery. If your lucky.

But you had to get Covid to get those antibodies. How about getting the shot so you don't get the "cold" in the first place.
Would have been a great decision had the vaccine worked. I trusted my immune system more than Fauci and the CDC. A great decision in hindsight.

But you had to get Covid to get those antibodies. How about getting the shot so you don't get the "cold" in the first place.
that would be too smart.

plus, how can someone know if they're gonna die from COVID if they don't roll the dice?

Would have been a great decision had the vaccine worked. I trusted my immune system more than Fauci and the CDC. A great decision in hindsight.
So when your natural immunity wears off, are you planning on getting infected with covid again.... You know.... As a "natural" booster shot.

that would be too smart.

plus, how can someone know if they're gonna die from COVID if they don't roll the dice?
Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes.

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”​

What's the worst that can happen? You die a horrible death and leave your family to deal with the carnage you've left behind. It seems like a perfectly acceptable risk to me.

How do you know you don't have a cold?

Man Colds can be pretty fierce I hear.

Back
Top Bottom