• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I really like the idea that Bernie Sanders is throwing his hat in.

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
For me it is a win win situation. I believe that Clinton is so far ahead of the regressives, that it worries me little that Clinton gets moved to the left By Bernies conscience influencing minds. Both Young and ultra left Democrats. What we will find out again with Clinton's win is how hard it is to drag the right into the 21st century or even the 20th century, with their response to the first women president not being any better then the response they had to the first black president. LIke I said, it is impossible to pull the right into even the 20th century. "Regressive bumper sticker " Forever Backwards"

He raised more in his first 24 hours (1.5 million) then any of the Republican candidates did in their first 24, and mostly in small donations. It doesn't mean much in the long run but I was still cool.

For me it is a win win situation. I believe that Clinton is so far ahead of the regressives, that it worries me little that Clinton gets moved to the left By Bernies conscience influencing minds. Both Young and ultra left Democrats. What we will find out again with Clinton's win is how hard it is to drag the right into the 21st century or even the 20th century, with their response to the first women president not being any better then the response they had to the first black president. LIke I said, it is impossible to pull the right into even the 20th century. "Regressive bumper sticker " Forever Backwards"

Bernie Sanders is a unmitigated disaster. A candidate for the uniformed and the naive. People who buy into to the weak and predictable left wing manufactured narratives of " wealth inequality " and who make the foolish assumption that the Government is there to correct it.

Talk about a " regressive ", there's nothing new about the drivel he's pushing as " solutions " to our current economic mess.

They've been tried and they've failed miserably.

Bernie Sanders is a unmitigated disaster. A candidate for the uniformed and the naive. People who buy into to the weak and predictable left wing manufactured narratives of " wealth inequality " and who make the foolish assumption that the Government is there to correct it.

Talk about a " regressive ", there's nothing new about the drivel he's pushing as " solutions " to our current economic mess.

This from a guy saying this and admitting he is a conservitive. How about the tried and true all but complete collapse of the economy and country in the hands of this guys hero. You can't make this stuff up. Over the last 56 years your party has done nothing for any part of the economy, The difference between your regressives presidents and democratic presidents in that period is massive. Lets put it this way it is so massive that you would have to be nuts to vote for any regressive president If you had a ounce of sense.

He raised more in his first 24 hours (1.5 million) then any of the Republican candidates did in their first 24, and mostly in small donations. It doesn't mean much in the long run but I was still cool.
He will get a lot of support from young people which created a presidency in the past , Kennedy but again he will move the democratic party to the left and anything as far away from the disaster that the regressives have supplied over the years is great with me.

Hard to imagine that this country could fall much further than it has under Obama, but Sanders could make things even worse than they are now.

Hard to imagine that this country could fall much further than it has under Obama, but Sanders could make things even worse than they are now.
What a joke, the numbers as always shows that this democratic president in fact all democratic presidents over the last 58 year bury regressive presidents with their numbers , the numbers that count.

Moderator's Warning:
Moved to US Elections.

Bernie has my attention. He may have some of my money and my vote.

Here is one of the Sandman's concerns for civil liberties. Something he says he would be about doing and undoing. What say ye?

President Bernie Sanders Would Dismantle NSA Spying.....

Hillary Clinton is reluctant to take a clear stance on mass surveillance. But Sanders has no problem knocking the spy agency’s “Orwellian” programs

The Vermont independent, who officially announced his White House bid on Thursday, is widely viewed by Beltway types as more of a debate-stage prop to bounce liberal ideas off Clinton on her march toward an inevitable Democratic primary victory. Polling has routinely placed Sanders in the single digits among Democratic voters. But while progressives are hopeful he can serve as an Elizabeth Warren surrogate and challenge Clinton on Wall Street reform, Sanders' candidacy also offers an opportunity to force Clinton to talk more concretely about domestic surveillance—something he has not minced words about since the Edward Snowden disclosures began in 2013.....snip~

President Bernie Sanders Would Dismantle NSA Spying - NationalJournal.com

Actually they haven't. By most measures we are far better off than we were 8 years ago. Not perfect, but certainly not an unmitigated disaster. Could have been much better if the republicans would have played ball.

As an aside, we were also in pretty good shape under Clinton. The horses you back are lame.

I am glad someone did.

I am glad someone did.

What a joke, the numbers as always shows that this democratic president in fact all democratic presidents over the last 58 year bury regressive presidents with their numbers , the numbers that count.

What's a "regressive" President??? One that wants to fundamentally change this country?

What's a "regressive" President??? One that wants to fundamentally change this country?
No a regressive is someone that is a full supporter of dragging us back into the dark ages , Minimally his perspective is from the 19th century and on the outside somewhere in the middle of 20th. He the guy in your conversation saying that it was always better in the old days. What you call fundamentally change in this country I call destroying our country. There is nothing from the regressive party that is offered that is good for this country , it's values or it's people other then the 1% who own them. I don't waste my time ever about fearing terrorist, regressive are 100 times more destructive for this country than any group of terrorist out there. ." forever backwards" is their motto and their favorite bumper sticker. Thats a regressive, a backwards thinking, self righteous person who lies by wrapping themselves in the bible and American flag ,a party that does the bidding for the smallest group of people in this country. I hope this definition makes it more clear.

No a regressive is someone that is a full supporter of dragging us back into the dark ages...

Well, I don't know of anyone that fits that description. I want someone that will restore our Constitution to the the law of the land, the document that protects us from an overbearing government. Our government, and elected officials, need to follow the law of the land, not try to find ways to circumvent it. And circumvent our Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Well, I don't know of anyone that fits that description. I want someone that will restore our Constitution to the the law of the land, the document that protects us from an overbearing government. Our government, and elected officials, need to follow the law of the land, not try to find ways to circumvent it. And circumvent our Constitutionally guaranteed rights.

Mornin Anthony. :2wave: Yeah not many are about Regression. That's just some left leaning hyperbole thinking that they can try and paint out those that lean to the Right.

Naturally, reality eventually sets in or gets brought front and center.

Just take a look back about 6 years

I don't think you know what "regressive" means.

I also think you underestimate Hillary by believing she will somehow be moved to the far left because Bernie is in the race...Hillary is, by and large, a known quantity.

I don't know how conservtives react to the first woman president.. .but I know how they will react to Hillary, and it won't be good.
but I'm also prettysure instead of endelss charges of racism, we're about to be looking at endless charges of sexism from the lefty loonies.... the same lefty loonies whose treatment of Palin was atrocious.

No a regressive is someone that is a full supporter of dragging us back into the dark ages , Minimally his perspective is from the 19th century and on the outside somewhere in the middle of 20th. He the guy in your conversation saying that it was always better in the old days. What you call fundamentally change in this country I call destroying our country. There is nothing from the regressive party that is offered that is good for this country , it's values or it's people other then the 1% who own them. I don't waste my time ever about fearing terrorist, regressive are 100 times more destructive for this country than any group of terrorist out there. ." forever backwards" is their motto and their favorite bumper sticker. Thats a regressive, a backwards thinking, self righteous person who lies by wrapping themselves in the bible and American flag ,a party that does the bidding for the smallest group of people in this country. I hope this definition makes it more clear.

mmmm.. hyperbole...the other, other, other white meat.

This fantasy that is needed by the regressives about a threat to the Constitution is really getting old , first it's a fluid document it changes by interpretation all the time by the courts usually but by time also. The only threat I see to my freedom is from the regressives from their absolute joke of a name called the patriot act and constant governing from the hallway next to our bedroom and also from your whacky Dominionist in your party. You are the threat. The threat is not the ridiculous right wing interpretation of the constitutions.

I don't think you know what "regressive" means.

I also think you underestimate Hillary by believing she will somehow be moved to the far left because Bernie is in the race...Hillary is, by and large, a known quantity.

I don't know how conservtives react to the first woman president.. .but I know how they will react to Hillary, and it won't be good.
but I'm also prettysure instead of endelss charges of racism, we're about to be looking at endless charges of sexism from the lefty loonies.... the same lefty loonies whose treatment of Palin was atrocious.
I Would think that a party who's structure is built around bigotry, chauvinism, homophobia, intolerance and being judgmental will get that type of scrutiny it deserves and a spade should always be called a spade. I know already how the old men party is going to act, its written in everyones view and is seen by everyone who isn't blind , regressive will do no better with the first women president then they did with the first black president. The Idea not calling people like Palin and Bachmann loonies is denying reality.

Back
Top Bottom