• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I love how stupid the arguments are against transgenders and them using bathrooms.

Re: I love how stupid the arguments are against transgenders and them using bathrooms

It's a red herring.

Not only, it's also pretty dam stupid a thing to make something more out of than what it is, all of which could be solved by the application and common sense that seems to have eluded everyone.

Re: I love how stupid the arguments are against transgenders and them using bathrooms

The stupidity is the Liberals choosing this as their cause de jour.

Liberals chose this as the cause du jour? Are liberals the ones in NC who passed that law?

Liberals chose this as the cause du jour? Are liberals the ones in NC who passed that law?

Liberals are the ones wetting their pants about it.

It's just another campaign in the, "you'll do it our way, Or else", agenda. The Left will never be content.

lol you're the ones making laws allowing the gestapo into bedrooms and bathroom stalls for genital checks

It is real easy to figure out.

If you have a pecker, you use the little boys room.

A dress and a hand bag doesn't make you a female, no matter how how you try.

yeah like you would at all tolerate someone with a dress and hand bag coming into the same restroom. This is about trying to remove transgender from society

Liberals are the ones wetting their pants about it.

funny i think conservatives must have wet their pants to call an emergency session - the first in 47 years - and pass a 4 page law in all of 10 hours, hiding their own insecurities behind "safety of children"

funny i think conservatives must have wet their pants to call an emergency session - the first in 47 years - and pass a 4 page law in all of 10 hours, hiding their own insecurities behind "safety of children"

And in less time, the Libbos went in the offensive.

:lamo

I'm just an old country boy, what is wrong with the bathrooms working like they always have.
If you got a ding-dong go to the men's restroom, if you got a monkey go to the woman's restroom.
Problem solved
If i see a man going into a woman's restroom that my wife's in, it's not going to workout to good for someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

republicans try to have it both ways in their insatiable desire for a 'final solution' to the transgender

after a sex reassignment? Did you ever think of that? You will see a MtF go into her restroom as always but not republicans say wait a minute, she has to go in YOUR restroom instead and since YOU just threatened violence at mere appearances, not knowing or caring that she's had SRS, she is screwed no matter what

oh please, i wish i could do away with this tyrannical violation of civil liberties in just 10 hours

but since the hysterical bigots have a monopoly on government there, the only recourse left has been for everyone worth a damn to tell north carolina to **** off. Either stop this series of witch hunts or face what's deserved

Just think if people advocated proper treatment of patients. Just think if doctors didn't create this problem? I wonder what we would be talking about if doctors weren't doing this nonsense.

Just think if people advocated proper treatment of patients. Just think if doctors didn't create this problem? I wonder what we would be talking about if doctors weren't doing this nonsense.

i agree, doctors should treat trans and homophobia, then we wouldn't have this problem

Heres something I have seen on facebook, on websites, on message boards and even in an email, though the email was mocking how dumb it was. (And to be fair so were the majority of comments on all those places) It makes me laugh that people think THIS is a logical argument.

"Scenario:
Your 12 year old daughter goes to the bathroom at the restaurant by herself. Your daughter doesn't return for a bit and you go to check on her and hear her crying in a bathroom stall. She runs to you and says a man just touched her privates. You call the police and they come to investigate. Just outside the bathroom is security cameras that records everyone coming and going from the Restrooms.
(Cameras aren't allowed inside the bathrooms) duh!! Your daughter enters the bathroom and just behind her enters what according to the camera appears to be a man. The man is identified later in the investigation and is interviewed by police but says he is transgender and he was just using the bathroom and the little girl is lying.
If people of both sexes are able to enter the bathroom of their choice the little girls statement holds no credibility. "Her word against his"
Now with the "Bathroom Law" in place, preventing a person of the opposite biological sex from entering the bathroom of their choice the little girls statement is credible and the offender has to explain why he entered a women's restroom when knowing it was against the law. This is maybe the evidence that helps convict the defendant or maybe the only evidence.
Now does this help the liberals understand!!!!!!
It's not about discrimination folks.
PLEASE SHARE EVERYONE"

This is beyond mentally retarded and isn't even a good scare tacit . . . here's a question . . . what it the person who touched the 12yr old girl that you chose to send to the restroom by themselves was a woman? oooooooops
If this is a real concern for you it should ALWAYS be a concern for you and don't let your kid go by themselves then.

If somebody would do that, they are a criminal period. .. their gender nor does their sexual orientation matter. . . .just like their race and religion 'matter, good grief I love how dumb these people are. Also love how who ever wrote this tried to make it about liberals . . news flash, many republicans and conservatives don't judge people based on sexual orientation or gender and are fine with transgenders using the facilities they are transitioned too.

Im glad at most the places I saw this people were mocking it and pointing out how dumb it is.

Good argument--effective immediately, all adults should be banned from public restrooms since you never know if one of them is a child molester.

i agree, doctors should treat trans and homophobia, then we wouldn't have this problem

What does homophobia have to do with anything?

As long as this below is just as perfect, I'm good.

No need for the government to intrude on every aspect of everyone's life for pete's sake!

Well its certainly not transgenders trying to NOT do that :shrug:
its the people against them

Good argument--effective immediately, all adults should be banned from public restrooms since you never know if one of them is a child molester.

yep i mean if theres even a 1% chance they are molesters . . . . how . . .could . . . we!!! as responsible adults we must act!!!! <sarcasm and super dramatic illogical fear tactic over>

I could care less what bathroom a transgender uses when dealing with only adults. I am more concerned for the kids and it is not about safety.
Some may be young enough and not be ready for the sex talk and may see something they are not ready to understand.

Wonder if a "transgender' ever thinks of the impact on young kids?

What "impact" to young kids????
and what are they going to see they arent ready to understand that couldnt happen on the street, on tv etc?

What does homophobia have to do with anything?

the new law is extremely anti gay as well, we've been over this

So not having a perfect solution is reason to not have ANY solution??? It's a sad argument and one that is BAD for society. Our children's safety is more important than your PC crap. I'd rather make every single TG/TS in this country uncomfortable rather than increase the risk of one child getting molested by the smallest percentage.

So would I, and I suspect, the vast majority of transgendered individuals.

However, since inconveniencing transgendered folk would have a negligible (if any) impact on the rate of child molestation, the point is irrelevant.

Nevertheless, if your objective is to minimize the (near zero) risk of children being molested in bathrooms, you should lobby for laws that ban all adults from public restrooms, or else, tell all the kids not use any.

It's a matter of RESPONSIBILITIES taking preference over rights. Something that is lost on far too many people these days.

It appears that logic is actually being lost on far too many people these days.

No, but you would be trying to explain to a young child why that person is in their bathroom. (example" daughter in woman's bathroom seeing a transgender (male).

Some child may be young enough not to be able to understand.
You could just explain it to them.

Not only, it's also pretty dam stupid a thing to make something more out of than what it is, all of which could be solved by the application and common sense that seems to have eluded everyone.
I think they just try stuff to see what people will get passionate about.

I've never really bought the "but what am I going to tell my children???" argument as an excuse for anything.

I've never really bought the "but what am I going to tell my children???" argument as an excuse for anything.

Some people have that concern. I don't know if you have kids, but often it's difficult to explain things to them.

Is just tell them what I know and if they ask something I don't know I'd tell them I don't know.

That would work if the child was capable of understanding.

Guess you believe you could explain string theory to a 2 year old and they would comprehend and understand.

That would work if the child was capable of understanding.
What exactly does the child need to understand? Quite frankly there are things I don't understand, that I'll never understand and trans folks are one of them.

So what is necessary for them to understand?

Guess you believe you could explain string theory to a 2 year old and they would comprehend and understand.
Wow, didn't realize the idea that "that woman is really a man" was equal string theory.

Back
Top Bottom