• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I disagree with Trump about Putin being a genius.

I haven't really been following the day-to-day actions, so I can't opine. But I did read this article that goes into some details about the war. It's an interesting read with a video.

Not wanting to engage the Ukrainian civilian population does not excuse the incompetence the Russian military has shown.

You're just used to an exhibitionist, it will take time to deprogram. His patience is a virtue, I'm sure you've heard what happened in the race between the turtle and the hare.

Post Trump trauma, it will pass.
His patience is a virtue? Seriously? His patience and that of Obama and most of the EU leaders is what allowed this to happen! Nobody stood against Putin for DECADES as he assassinated his own people. Nobody stood against him as he took South Ossetia and then Crimea. Biden and everyone else tossed out a few words and sent a few letters but nobody, NOBODY, pushed to rein the despot in. After 20 years of getting away with whatever he tried it's little wonder that Putin felt he could pull this stunt with impunity and even now the words and letters are pushed out to the press while Ukranians fight and die to preserve their independence. I mean, seriously, we're still buying oil from the Russians!!! Why is that happening? Why hasn't Biden, as a minimum, done something about that? Biden isn't "leading" and he isn't defying Putin. He, like most of the other world leaders, are pitching platitudes and empty promises while Putin continues to bomb Ukraine.

I think it’s because most of the Russian high command is made of up of incompetent but well politically connected favorites of the oligarchs.

If you say so. I still think Putin believed Ukraine would easily fold in the face of Russian tanks and there was no need to be logistically prepared for a war. Even with an inferior force.

Biden’s unleashed the economic hell on Russia he promised Putin, all while keeping the U.S. out of the crosshairs. This is a master class.
Putin took out a gun and shot Ukraine, literally. Biden has proposed the equivalent of taking away his third favorite toy for 20 minutes.

The invasion of Ukraine was poorly planned. Those T-80 tanks use a tremendous amount of fuel, and the Ukrainians are taking out their supply lines.
Putin likely thought it would be a bltzkreig. Not happening.
Sorry, Vlad. You suck.
I believe he thought the Ukrainians would roll over. He sure got that wrong.

Not wanting to engage the Ukrainian civilian population does not excuse the incompetence the Russian military has shown.
The article and the video presented a lot about the Russian military strategy and how well it has been working.

But hey...that's just the opinion of a military officer. What do I know?

The invasion of Ukraine was poorly planned. Those T-80 tanks use a tremendous amount of fuel, and the Ukrainians are taking out their supply lines.
Sorry, Vlad. You suck.

Yea, the problem is that Putin is failing.

I haven't really been following the day-to-day actions, so I can't opine. But I did read this article that goes into some details about the war. It's an interesting read with a video.

That dude's quite a Debbie Downer. I think he's got it wrong. I don't think his army is going to go along with a wholesale genocide of the Ukrainian people.

Biden is leading the world? Dude, he was back home taking a nap all weekend.
That is a ridiculous statement. There is no doubt Biden was working all weekend between briefings, phone calls with leaders and consultation with key Adminstration officials. What exactly could Biden do from the WH he couldn't do from Delaware? As I say an absolutely ridiculous statement.

Sorry, Vlad. You suck.
Any reasonable human would disagree with 95% of what rump says.

"When the master governs..."

What does Lao Tzu have to say about when the Master takes a nap while all hell is breaking out around him?
So weird that you make stuff up to paint the commander in chief of the USA as a loser in the middle of an international crises.

If you can't find your patriotism I will help you pack and buy you a plain ticket to a country that suits you better, perhaps Russia.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Biden is doing a masterful job and everyone knows it except the American Republican Party.

Fricken pathetic!

The article and the video presented a lot about the Russian military strategy and how well it has been working.

It hasn’t been working well. The Russian offensives have totally bogged down. Their logistics are a joke. Every airborne operation they’ve launched has failed.

In 6 days they’ve taken more soldiers killed than the US did in 20 years of the GWOT.

His patience is a virtue? Seriously? His patience and that of Obama and most of the EU leaders is what allowed this to happen! Nobody stood against Putin for DECADES as he assassinated his own people. Nobody stood against him as he took South Ossetia and then Crimea. Biden and everyone else tossed out a few words and sent a few letters but nobody, NOBODY, pushed to rein the despot in. After 20 years of getting away with whatever he tried it's little wonder that Putin felt he could pull this stunt with impunity and even now the words and letters are pushed out to the press while Ukranians fight and die to preserve their independence. I mean, seriously, we're still buying oil from the Russians!!! Why is that happening? Why hasn't Biden, as a minimum, done something about that? Biden isn't "leading" and he isn't defying Putin. He, like most of the other world leaders, are pitching platitudes and empty promises while Putin continues to bomb Ukraine.
I'm not happy with many leaders when it comes to world politics but no, Biden didn't cause this. Trump didn't cause this. Putin caused this. Trump is just good at humiliating his own country and it looks bad.

Now, it looks like Putin and Trump are cozy but that just reflects the fact that Trump was opposing NATO right after he gained his seat. Trump also bad mouthed our allies, and embraced those countries doing the same. So, it may have looked like they didn't bother Trump, but they didn't have too, Trump poses no threat to Putin.

This is in 2018. This is Trump then saying Putin wasn't bad, the media made him look bad, etc. Shared views on NATO. Let's face it, Trump really does like and admire Putin, and doesn't care for our allies much. This isn't new.

"Needless to say, “we’re all fine, we’re all people” is not Trump’s customary approach to the question of locating the shared humanity of all God’s creatures. But his efforts to train the Republican base to reverse its long-standing views on the relative merits of NATO and Russia have borne fruit. According to a recent poll, just 40 percent of Republicans think the U.S. should should stay in NATO, while 56 percent of Republicans consider Trump’s relationship with Vladimir Putin good for the United States.

Meanwhile, the Trump-Putin relationship is blossoming (or perhaps just coming out into the open). Putin reportedly has been telling Trump that “fake news” and the “deep state” are conspiring against them. (“It’s not us,” Putin has told Trump, according to an American source, summarizing his message, “it’s the subordinates fighting against our friendship.”) Trump has also reportedly expressed to Putin his desire for better relations, and called the advisers who tried to prevent him from congratulating the strongman on his reelection “stupid people.”

Last edited:
Nah, Putin is playing 7D chess while Xiden is eating checkers
Yeah right.
Putin is acting out of fear, which makes him dangerous. As his plan continues to blow up in his face desperation might lead him to make more mistakes, maybe dire mistakes.
There's a hope, however- maybe someone near him will remove him.
What led you lot to hold Putin in such high regard? What has he ever done that makes you think so highly of him?

Just heard it reported that two oligarchs have broken with Putin and want him to withdraw. Biden's strategy is working.
Again, patience and calm pay off. Glad to see it.

If all we're going to do is post links then -

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/25/biden-going-easy-russia-energy-00011822

Sanctions have been imposed on "some" Russian banking, not "all" Russian banking.

Sorry, Vlad. You suck.
good decision!

Based on you quoting Conservativetreehouse, your posts demonstrate "not much".

Whatever success the Biden Administration has in dealing with Ukraine, I seriously doubt Joe had any hand in.
He may have approved other people's ideas. I will give him credit for that.

Sorry, Vlad. You suck.
This plan of Putin's doesn't seem well thought out, I agree. The world now sees him as a war criminal, who's next stop needs to be The Hague, not the Kremlin. I'm not saying he won't take over Ukraine, but who will recognize it?

Back
Top Bottom